Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Describe Harry and Deerslayer as they emerge from the woods at the beginning of the novel.
2. Even though he is an expert marksman, what is Deerslayer's attitude about taking any kind of life?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
3. When Deerslayer and Harry do not find the Hutter family at the house, what does Harry insist they do?
4. Discuss Tom Hutter's racial prejudices as Harry March and Deerslayer arrive.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 5
5. Discuss the element of...
This section contains 870 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)