|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cooper describe the massacre of the Iroquois?
(a) He gives only the garrison's side of the conflict.
(b) He describes it through the eyes of Deerslayer.
(c) He describes it in bloody detail.
(d) He glosses over it, mainly talking about the clean up afterwards.
2. What is the Indian equivalent of Heaven according to their discussion that morning?
(b) The happy hunting ground
(c) The Great Spirit Home
(d) The cloud land
3. How do Hutter, March, and Deerslayer secure Muskrat Castle on the island in the middle of the lake?
(a) They build a circle of fire around the house.
(b) They send a carrier pidgeon to the garrison.
(c) They find all the canoes hidden along the lake shore and take them to the middle of the lake.
(d) They establish a watch throughout the night.
4. What has Hutter found and shows to March and Deerslayer?
(a) A moccasin
(b) An arrow
(c) Some deer antlers
(d) A French made rifle
5. Who comes to Deerslayer to state her case?
(b) The widow of the Iroquois he killed
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazing feat does Deerslayer do that gives him a chance to run for his life?
2. Although Deerslayer admires the Indians, what attitude of his lies just under the surface?
3. Where do March and Deerslayer finally find the Hutters?
4. Why does Judith refuse Harry's marriage proposal?
5. What happens when Deerslayer grabs the old woman?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)