|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do March and Deerslayer finally find the Hutters?
(a) Just arriving back from Philadelphia
(b) In the Delaware village
(c) On their boat called the Ark
(d) Visiting with the Iroquois
2. What does Harry advise Deerslayer to do?
(a) Declare war on the Iroquois.
(b) Kill himself to save the rest of them.
(c) Go with him to the garrison.
(d) Run while he has the chance.
3. What does Deerslayer say to March when he impulsively shoots a deer just for sport?
(a) He should be careful not to shoot a cow by mistake.
(b) He should never fire a rifle from a canoe because it could tip over.
(c) It is wrong to kill an animal without intending to eat its meat or make something from its skin.
(d) He must remember the spot so they can collect the deer when they go back to shore.
4. Why is it safe for Hetty to return with Deerslayer?
(a) They fear her because of her mental condition.
(b) They see her as a goddess.
(c) The respect her for her innocence.
(d) They will not harm her because of her mental condition.
5. Why does Hetty try to go to the Iroquois encampment?
(a) She thinks they will not see her because she is so small.
(b) She wants to warn them about the garrison soldiers.
(c) She believes she can negotiate with the Indians.
(d) She will offer herself in exchange for her father and Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chingachgook want to go to shore with Harry and Hutter?
2. What does Judith keep insisting?
3. After the castle is deserted, what do Judith and Hetty do?
4. Why is Hutter concerned at that time?
5. What is the double activity going on as Hetty enters the encampment?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)