|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Harry and Hutter enter Muskrat Castle that morning?
(a) They see that they were right about the castle being empty.
(b) They kill an Iroquois boy who came there to play.
(c) They find Deerslayer there.
(d) The Iroquois are waiting in ambush and capture them.
2. What are the warriors unsuccessful at doing?
(a) Making Deerslayer talk
(b) Finding the canoe that brought Hetty to their camp
(c) Finding Wah-ta-Wah
(d) Locating the Ark on the lake
3. Why is Chingachgook coming to that area?
(a) He is looking for his wife who was abducted by Briarthorn.
(b) He is coming to hunt moose.
(c) He is planning to start a settlement there.
(d) He wants to catch the huge fish that are in the lake.
4. How do Harry March and Deerslayer get to Muskrat Castle?
(a) By swimming out to the island
(b) In a canoe March had hidden near the lake
(c) When Thomas Hutter picked them up in his boat
(d) On a ferry that runs three times a day
5. What are the warriors discussing when Deerslayer and Chingachgook approach the camp?
(a) Where they can find deer to kill.
(b) Why they are upset at being left with the women.
(c) How they plan to surprise the British.
(d) The elephant chess pieces
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they find Hutter when they enter the house?
2. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
3. How do the men finally manage to grab Wah-ta-Wah?
4. Why Deerslayer is more interested in Hetty than in Judith.
5. After Hetty falls asleep in the forest, what does she discover when she wakes up?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)