|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deerslayer discover about Ravenoak's desires?
(a) That he wants the rest of the treasure on the Ark.
(b) That he wants Deerslayer to help him defeat the British.
(c) That he wants to attack the British garrison.
(d) That he wants to take Judith.
2. Why do the Iroquois on the island not kill Harry and Hutter?
(a) They now think they are mentally afflicted like Hetty.
(b) They want to make them suffer under torture.
(c) They want to take them to get the rest of the treasure on the Ark.
(d) They are on the island and do not know about the dead woman.
3. What does Deerslayer find that he interprets as a threat of war?
(a) An arrow stuck in the floor of the Ark
(b) Bloody sticks
(c) Red, yellow, and white paint
(d) A dead chicken
4. What are the warriors discussing when Deerslayer and Chingachgook approach the camp?
(a) The elephant chess pieces
(b) How they plan to surprise the British.
(c) Why they are upset at being left with the women.
(d) Where they can find deer to kill.
5. What disturbs Deerslayer about the chess pieces they find in the chest?
(a) He cannot imagine what the elephants are.
(b) He thinks they might be idols for strange worship.
(c) He does not understand how many there are supposed to be.
(d) He thinks Hutter had stolen them because they are ivory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith try to do?
2. What useful items do they find in the chest?
3. What does Hetty reveal to Chingachgook?
4. Why does Deerslayer allow himself to be captured by the Iroquois?
5. What new value does the old chest take on at that time?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)