|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they move onto the Ark?
(a) It is easier to defend than the castle.
(b) They have lost all the canoes.
(c) They can hide on the water behind the castle.
(d) They want the Iroquois to think they are still in the house.
2. What do they find when they get to the Iroquois encampment?
(a) It is gone.
(b) The soldiers are there.
(c) It is on fire.
(d) They are having a war dance.
3. What attitude do Harry and Hutter have about Chingachgook's fears?
(a) They think it is a good opportunity to go ashore and collect scalps.
(b) They listen to him and do not go back to the isalnd.
(c) They accuse Wah-ta-Wah of agitating her husband.
(d) They brashly insist that the Iroquois could not possibly be in the castle.
4. What are the warriors unsuccessful at doing?
(a) Finding the canoe that brought Hetty to their camp
(b) Finding Wah-ta-Wah
(c) Locating the Ark on the lake
(d) Making Deerslayer talk
5. How do the men finally manage to grab Wah-ta-Wah?
(a) When it gets very dark.
(b) When Wah-ta-Wah makes a run for her freedom.
(c) When everyone falls asleep.
(d) When she and an old lady go to collect water from the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they find Hutter when they enter the house?
2. After Hetty falls asleep in the forest, what does she discover when she wakes up?
3. What creates a problem for meeting Wah-ta-Wah at the place she tells Hetty for them to find her?
4. What plans do Chingachgook and Deerslayer make together?
5. What foolish thing does Hutter attempt to do before he is stopped by Deerslayer?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)