|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deerslayer find that he interprets as a threat of war?
(a) An arrow stuck in the floor of the Ark
(b) Bloody sticks
(c) A dead chicken
(d) Red, yellow, and white paint
2. What do they find when they get to the Iroquois encampment?
(a) The soldiers are there.
(b) It is gone.
(c) They are having a war dance.
(d) It is on fire.
3. What does Judith find inside the chest?
(a) A Bible with the family tree written in it
(b) A diary written by a late aunt
(c) A beautiful dress that belonged to her mother
(d) A book of family recipes
4. When asked why they came there, what do Hutter and Harry admit?
(a) That they were looking for Iroquois women to capture.
(b) That they were spies for the soldiers in the garrison.
(c) That they had heard the Iroquois had gold.
(d) That they came there for scalps.
5. What new value does the old chest take on at that time?
(a) It is imagined to be filled with contraband.
(b) It is suspected that it will provide for Judith and Hetty.
(c) It is mentioned as a possible exchange for Hutter and Harry.
(d) It is suggested that it will hold fine fabrics for the girls to make new dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scares the two women as they are leaving their hiding place along the shore?
2. Where does the lake get its name from the locals?
3. What useful items do they find in the chest?
4. Why will Deerslayer not take the chance to flee?
5. What happens when Deerslayer grabs the old woman?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)