|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the warriors unsuccessful at doing?
(a) Locating the Ark on the lake
(b) Finding Wah-ta-Wah
(c) Finding the canoe that brought Hetty to their camp
(d) Making Deerslayer talk
2. What unexpected thing does Hetty do before they realize it?
(a) She takes an axe and chops open the old chest.
(b) She sets fire to the house.
(c) She takes a canoe and paddles to the lake shore.
(d) She tries to swim ashore and drowns.
3. What foolish thing does Hutter attempt to do before he is stopped by Deerslayer?
(a) He slaps Judith for opening his chest.
(b) He tries to shoot the retreating Iroquois.
(c) He curses Judith for giving up his chess pieces.
(d) He tries to kill Harry.
4. Who shows up in the Iroquois camp to plead for Deerslayer's life?
5. Where does the lake get its name from the locals?
(a) It is called Mohican Lake because it was first settled by that tribe.
(b) It is called Glimmerglass because of its usually smooth reflecting surface.
(c) It is called Hutter's Lake because Thomas Hutter's house is in the middle of it.
(d) It is called the Moat because it protects Muskrat Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Chingachgook and Wah-ta-Wah see Harry the next morning?
2. Why do they move onto the Ark?
3. What does Judith urge him to do?
4. What do Judith and Hetty want to do now that Hutter is dead?
5. What complicates Wah-ta-Wah's rescue?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)