|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judith urge him to do?
(a) Marry her and run to the garrison where they will be safe
(b) Arm himself before he returns to the encampment
(c) Get away where the Iroquois cannot find him
(d) Let her send a message that he drowned in the lake when his canoe overturned
2. What shows the strong character of Deerslayer in the opening of the novel?
(a) His refusal to take part in any war
(b) His insistance on having the land surveyed
(c) His willingness to compromise for a friend
(d) His promise to go to the authorities if anything were to happen to any man who marries Judith.
3. What does Judith tell Deerslayer about the chess pieces?
(a) That they are decoations for a whatnot stand.
(b) That they are toys for small children.
(c) That they are forms of money in India.
(d) That they are part of a game she had seen the soldiers play at the garrison.
4. Why do they move onto the Ark?
(a) They want the Iroquois to think they are still in the house.
(b) It is easier to defend than the castle.
(c) They have lost all the canoes.
(d) They can hide on the water behind the castle.
5. Who comes to see them on the Ark?
(a) Men from the garrison
(b) Briarthorn and his brother
(c) A young Iroquois boy
(d) Chief Ravenoak and a brave
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Deerslayer allow himself to be captured by the Iroquois?
2. Why will Deerslayer not take the chance to flee?
3. What scares the two women as they are leaving their hiding place along the shore?
4. What do the fancy clothes and dueling pistols tell Judith?
5. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)