|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears on the shore and prepares to attack the people on the Ark?
(a) Native Indians who fight for the French
(b) Members of the Delaware tribe
(c) A group of renegade settlers
(d) A French brigade
2. What does the dying Iroquois say to Deerslayer?
(a) That he should learn how to shoot better.
(b) That he speaks with forked tongue.
(c) That he should be called Hawkeye.
(d) That he must not marry his widow.
3. What happens when Deerslayer turns his back on the Iroquois?
(a) He hears the screams of Harry and Hutter coming from the camp.
(b) The Iroquois turns around and goes back empty handed.
(c) The Indian tries to kill him but Deerslayer gets the Iroquois instead.
(d) The Iroquois watches him closely to see that he does not return.
4. Hetty's simple religious principles bring out what characteristic in her father and Harry?
(a) Their open-mindedness
(b) Their real understanding of cultures
(c) Their lack of education
(d) Their religious hypocracy
5. When asked why they came there, what do Hutter and Harry admit?
(a) That they were looking for Iroquois women to capture.
(b) That they were spies for the soldiers in the garrison.
(c) That they came there for scalps.
(d) That they had heard the Iroquois had gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unexpected thing does Hetty do before they realize it?
2. Why is Hetty so sure she is in no danger if she finds the Iroquois?
3. How do Hutter, March, and Deerslayer secure Muskrat Castle on the island in the middle of the lake?
4. What does Chingachgook relate when he arrives?
5. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)