|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
(a) He gives them new mossasins to wear.
(b) He shows them how to slip up on the camp.
(c) He urges them to go without their muskets.
(d) He warns them that what they are planning is wrong.
2. Why does Hetty try to go to the Iroquois encampment?
(a) She believes she can negotiate with the Indians.
(b) She thinks they will not see her because she is so small.
(c) She wants to warn them about the garrison soldiers.
(d) She will offer herself in exchange for her father and Harry.
3. What does Deerslayer tell Hutter about their rescue?
(a) How Hetty was the reason for the exchange.
(b) How the eclipse of the moon frightened the Iroquois.
(c) How they had promised Judith to chief Ravenoak.
(d) How they had traded the chess pieces for their release.
4. What convinces Deerslayer that the chess pieces are not idols?
(a) They find the game board just as Judith had described it.
(b) There is no book of idolatry in the chest.
(c) They are too small to be idols.
(d) They would not be locked in a trunk if they are idols.
5. What does Chingachgook want to do?
(a) Take Hetty back to the camp to negotiate the release of his wife
(b) Make a bomb to throw into the Iroquois camp
(c) Go alone to rescue his wife
(d) Trade Hetty for his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hetty do to try and win the release of her father and Harry?
2. Why is Hetty so sure she is in no danger if she finds the Iroquois?
3. What disturbs Deerslayer about the chess pieces they find in the chest?
4. What is the argument between Harry Marsh and Deerslayer?
5. After the house is secure, what does Deerslayer agree to do?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)