|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of Harry's prearranged signal, what does Deerslayer hear?
(a) A woman scream
(b) The cry of a wounded moose
(c) War drums
2. Why does Hutter want to attack the Iroquois encampments?
(a) To collect and sell scalps
(b) To prevent them from attacking first
(c) To aid the British
(d) To carry off a wife
3. What do they find out when they are trying to open the old chest?
(a) The key is in the pocket of one of Hetty's dresses.
(b) The key is pinned behind a photograph of Judith's mother.
(c) The key is hidden behind a loose stone in the fireplace.
(d) The key is nowhere to be found.
4. What problem does going to talk with the Iroquois pose for Deerslayer?
(a) He does not know the Iroquois language.
(b) He is forced to admit that he had killed an Iroquois warrior.
(c) He does not know how to make contact with the Iroquois.
(d) He thinks it will prevent Chingachgook from regaining his wife.
5. What possibility causes Hutter a great deal of anxiety?
(a) That the Iroquois might storm the island and kill Judith.
(b) That Hetty would be taken by one of the Iroquois braves.
(c) That Judith might open the old chest to find some ransom for them.
(d) That Judith might run away with a soldier from the garrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange thing do they find in the chest?
2. What happens when Deerslayer wakes the following morning?
3. What do the fancy clothes and dueling pistols tell Judith?
4. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
5. What are Harry and Hutter planning when they get to the Iroquois encampment?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)