|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Iroquois dies, what does Deerslayer refuse to do?
(a) Row back to the island
(b) Take his scalp
(c) Throw his body into the lake
(d) Take his rifle
2. Why is Hetty so sure she is in no danger if she finds the Iroquois?
(a) She thinks God will protect her.
(b) She thinks they will believe that she is a ghost.
(c) She knows how to speak their language.
(d) She believes they will not harm a woman.
3. The men who emerge from the woods in the opening of the novel.
(a) Chingachgook and Thomas Hutter
(b) Briarthorn and Natty Bumppo
(c) Hurry Harry March and Deerslayer
(d) Soldiers headed for the garrison
4. What unexpected thing does Hetty do before they realize it?
(a) She tries to swim ashore and drowns.
(b) She sets fire to the house.
(c) She takes an axe and chops open the old chest.
(d) She takes a canoe and paddles to the lake shore.
5. What do they find out when they are trying to open the old chest?
(a) The key is pinned behind a photograph of Judith's mother.
(b) The key is nowhere to be found.
(c) The key is hidden behind a loose stone in the fireplace.
(d) The key is in the pocket of one of Hetty's dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
2. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
3. What is Deerslayer's problem that makes him uncomfortable around Judith?
4. When Chingachgook arrives, why do Judith and Hetty not understand their conversation?
5. How do the Iroquois discover Hetty's mental capacity?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)