|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conversation passes between Deerslayer and the Iroquois?
(a) That the garrison is sending soldiers and the Iroquois are in danger.
(b) That he will bring the white women to him.
(c) How Deerslayer does not want to fight and thinks they should be friends.
(d) That he lives with the Delaware.
2. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
(a) He warns them that what they are planning is wrong.
(b) He gives them new mossasins to wear.
(c) He urges them to go without their muskets.
(d) He shows them how to slip up on the camp.
3. Why does Hetty try to go to the Iroquois encampment?
(a) She believes she can negotiate with the Indians.
(b) She wants to warn them about the garrison soldiers.
(c) She will offer herself in exchange for her father and Harry.
(d) She thinks they will not see her because she is so small.
4. What does Hetty do to try and win the release of her father and Harry?
(a) She offers to marry the chief.
(b) She reads Bible passages to them.
(c) She tells them where they can find the French.
(d) She lies down on the ground and begins to cry.
5. Who is Deerslayer expecting to meet near the lake?
(b) Garrison soldiers
(c) Hurry Harry March
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Deerslayer's problem that makes him uncomfortable around Judith?
2. What does Deerslayer have to tell Judith and Hetty?
3. What do they find out when they are trying to open the old chest?
4. When they find the Hutter family, Harry is interested in Judith. In what is Deerslayer interested?
5. What is the double activity going on as Hetty enters the encampment?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)