|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Iroquois in that area in the first place?
(a) They are looking for game to kill before winter.
(b) They are making their way north to join the French.
(c) They got lost looking for the French.
(d) They are expecting to settle there.
2. After Hetty falls asleep in the forest, what does she discover when she wakes up?
(a) Deerslayer and Chingachgook who finally located her
(b) A family of brown bears
(c) It is raining hard
(d) A cloth filled with food
3. What comparisons do they discuss regarding physical beauty?
(a) Handsome Harry versus Natty Bumppo and Judith versus Hetty
(b) Hutter and Harry versus Native Indian warriors
(c) British women versus French women
(d) Hutter's daughters versus Native Indian women
4. What was the reaction of the Iroquois about Hutter and Harry wanting scalps?
(a) They do not believe white men would come for scalps.
(b) They think the men were crazy.
(c) Recognizing the importance of scalps, they are not angered.
(d) They discuss taking Hetty's scalp to teach them a lesson.
5. Why is Chingachgook coming to that area?
(a) He is coming to hunt moose.
(b) He is looking for his wife who was abducted by Briarthorn.
(c) He is planning to start a settlement there.
(d) He wants to catch the huge fish that are in the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibility causes Hutter a great deal of anxiety?
2. Why does Deerslayer not raise his rifle against the Iroquois who shot at him?
3. What happens when Deerslayer turns his back on the Iroquois?
4. How does Chingachgook disguise himself on the boat?
5. Who is Deerslayer expecting to meet near the lake?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)