|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dying Iroquois say to Deerslayer?
(a) That he speaks with forked tongue.
(b) That he should learn how to shoot better.
(c) That he should be called Hawkeye.
(d) That he must not marry his widow.
2. What happens when Deerslayer turns his back on the Iroquois?
(a) The Iroquois watches him closely to see that he does not return.
(b) The Indian tries to kill him but Deerslayer gets the Iroquois instead.
(c) The Iroquois turns around and goes back empty handed.
(d) He hears the screams of Harry and Hutter coming from the camp.
3. What does Hetty do to try and win the release of her father and Harry?
(a) She lies down on the ground and begins to cry.
(b) She offers to marry the chief.
(c) She reads Bible passages to them.
(d) She tells them where they can find the French.
4. What happens when Deerslayer wakes the following morning?
(a) He goes up to the house for breakfast.
(b) He paddles quickly to shore to look for Harry and Hutter.
(c) An Iroquois on shore shoots at him.
(d) He makes bird calls to see if Harry will reply.
5. The men who emerge from the woods in the opening of the novel.
(a) Soldiers headed for the garrison
(b) Hurry Harry March and Deerslayer
(c) Briarthorn and Natty Bumppo
(d) Chingachgook and Thomas Hutter
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hutter want to attack the Iroquois encampments?
2. Why does Hetty try to go to the Iroquois encampment?
3. What does Deerslayer say to March when he impulsively shoots a deer just for sport?
4. Why Deerslayer is more interested in Hetty than in Judith.
5. As Hetty wanders in the forest looking for the Iroquois, who finds her?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)