|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Judith's suggestion about securing the release of Hutter and Harry?
(a) Set the Ark adrift and then slip away in canoes
(b) Run away and leave her father to his fate
(c) Leave the island and find the garrison
(d) Gather items they might use to trade for their freedom
2. Why does Hutter want to attack the Iroquois encampments?
(a) To carry off a wife
(b) To collect and sell scalps
(c) To prevent them from attacking first
(d) To aid the British
3. What are Harry and Hutter planning when they get to the Iroquois encampment?
(a) Taking the chief hostage
(b) Enlisting them to help guard Muskrat Castle
(c) Taking Indian scalps
(d) Carrying off two of their women
4. What does the dying Iroquois say to Deerslayer?
(a) That he should be called Hawkeye.
(b) That he should learn how to shoot better.
(c) That he speaks with forked tongue.
(d) That he must not marry his widow.
5. What does Chingachgook relate when he arrives?
(a) He hears the war drums coming from the Iroquois camp.
(b) He has seen the Iroquois encampment and two prisoners.
(c) He sees the scalps of Hutter and Harry.
(d) He sees soldiers marching out of the garrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hetty try to go to the Iroquois encampment?
2. What convinces Deerslayer that the chess pieces are not idols?
3. Why does the woman take Hetty into the Iroquois encampment?
4. Why does Deerslayer not raise his rifle against the Iroquois who shot at him?
5. What has Hutter found and shows to March and Deerslayer?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)