|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the house is secure, what does Deerslayer agree to do?
(a) Sink all the Indian canoes they found around the lake.
(b) Take the watch all night long so the others can sleep.
(c) Take Harry and Hutter ashore and return for them on Harry's signal.
(d) Go on a scalp hunting expedition with Harry and Hutter.
2. What does Judith try to find out from Deerslayer?
(a) If he will take them to New York
(b) If he plans to look for her father
(c) If he has a lover or a wife
(d) Where he heard stories about her reputation
3. What conversation passes between Deerslayer and the Iroquois?
(a) That he will bring the white women to him.
(b) That he lives with the Delaware.
(c) That the garrison is sending soldiers and the Iroquois are in danger.
(d) How Deerslayer does not want to fight and thinks they should be friends.
4. What is the purpose of the detailed description of the bedroom of Judith and Hetty in the novel?
(a) It proves that the Hutter family seldom comes to Muskrat Castle.
(b) It foreshadows the death of Hetty and Judith.
(c) It shows how wealthy Thomas Hutter is and how spoiled the girls are.
(d) It serves to anticipate the characters of the two girls before they are actually introduced.
5. How do Harry March and Deerslayer get to Muskrat Castle?
(a) By swimming out to the island
(b) In a canoe March had hidden near the lake
(c) When Thomas Hutter picked them up in his boat
(d) On a ferry that runs three times a day
Short Answer Questions
1. What unexpected thing does Hetty do before they realize it?
2. What is Judith's suggestion about securing the release of Hutter and Harry?
3. Instead of Harry's prearranged signal, what does Deerslayer hear?
4. What happens when Deerslayer turns his back on the Iroquois?
5. What does the dying Iroquois say to Deerslayer?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)