|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deerslayer have to tell Judith and Hetty?
(a) He has to tell them how to shoot a rifle.
(b) He has to explain why they need to stay on the island.
(c) He has to tell them where to find their father.
(d) He has to relate what happened to their father and Harry.
2. When the Iroquois dies, what does Deerslayer refuse to do?
(a) Row back to the island
(b) Take his rifle
(c) Throw his body into the lake
(d) Take his scalp
3. What comparisons do they discuss regarding physical beauty?
(a) Hutter's daughters versus Native Indian women
(b) Hutter and Harry versus Native Indian warriors
(c) Handsome Harry versus Natty Bumppo and Judith versus Hetty
(d) British women versus French women
4. Who appears on the shore and prepares to attack the people on the Ark?
(a) A French brigade
(b) A group of renegade settlers
(c) Members of the Delaware tribe
(d) Native Indians who fight for the French
5. What new value does the old chest take on at that time?
(a) It is suspected that it will provide for Judith and Hetty.
(b) It is imagined to be filled with contraband.
(c) It is suggested that it will hold fine fabrics for the girls to make new dresses.
(d) It is mentioned as a possible exchange for Hutter and Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
2. What is the argument between Harry Marsh and Deerslayer?
3. After the house is secure, what does Deerslayer agree to do?
4. What problem does going to talk with the Iroquois pose for Deerslayer?
5. What happens when Deerslayer wakes the following morning?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)