|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conversation passes between Deerslayer and the Iroquois?
(a) How Deerslayer does not want to fight and thinks they should be friends.
(b) That he lives with the Delaware.
(c) That he will bring the white women to him.
(d) That the garrison is sending soldiers and the Iroquois are in danger.
2. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
(a) He wakes the girls and gives them guns.
(b) He goes ashore and heads for the garrison.
(c) He takes Hetty and goes to the encampment.
(d) He goes to sleep in his canoe.
3. What happens when Deerslayer wakes the following morning?
(a) An Iroquois on shore shoots at him.
(b) He goes up to the house for breakfast.
(c) He makes bird calls to see if Harry will reply.
(d) He paddles quickly to shore to look for Harry and Hutter.
4. Where does the lake get its name from the locals?
(a) It is called the Moat because it protects Muskrat Castle.
(b) It is called Glimmerglass because of its usually smooth reflecting surface.
(c) It is called Hutter's Lake because Thomas Hutter's house is in the middle of it.
(d) It is called Mohican Lake because it was first settled by that tribe.
5. What problem does going to talk with the Iroquois pose for Deerslayer?
(a) He does not know the Iroquois language.
(b) He is forced to admit that he had killed an Iroquois warrior.
(c) He does not know how to make contact with the Iroquois.
(d) He thinks it will prevent Chingachgook from regaining his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Deerslayer turns his back on the Iroquois?
2. What does the dying Iroquois say to Deerslayer?
3. When Chingachgook arrives, why do Judith and Hetty not understand their conversation?
4. What does Judith try to find out from Deerslayer?
5. Why is Hutter concerned at that time?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)