|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Hutter, March, and Deerslayer secure Muskrat Castle on the island in the middle of the lake?
(a) They establish a watch throughout the night.
(b) They find all the canoes hidden along the lake shore and take them to the middle of the lake.
(c) They send a carrier pidgeon to the garrison.
(d) They build a circle of fire around the house.
2. Why is Hutter concerned at that time?
(a) The war between the Delaware and the Huron tribes
(b) Pirates who have been seen on the lake
(c) The difficulty in finding clean water
(d) The war between the French and the British and the Indians that are aligned with each of them
3. Where do March and Deerslayer finally find the Hutters?
(a) Visiting with the Iroquois
(b) Just arriving back from Philadelphia
(c) In the Delaware village
(d) On their boat called the Ark
4. When the Iroquois dies, what does Deerslayer refuse to do?
(a) Take his scalp
(b) Take his rifle
(c) Throw his body into the lake
(d) Row back to the island
5. What are Harry and Hutter planning when they get to the Iroquois encampment?
(a) Taking Indian scalps
(b) Enlisting them to help guard Muskrat Castle
(c) Taking the chief hostage
(d) Carrying off two of their women
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deerslayer say to March when he impulsively shoots a deer just for sport?
2. Where does the lake get its name from the locals?
3. What does Judith try to find out from Deerslayer?
4. What is Deerslayer's problem that makes him uncomfortable around Judith?
5. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)