|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deerslayer say to March when he impulsively shoots a deer just for sport?
(a) It is wrong to kill an animal without intending to eat its meat or make something from its skin.
(b) He must remember the spot so they can collect the deer when they go back to shore.
(c) He should never fire a rifle from a canoe because it could tip over.
(d) He should be careful not to shoot a cow by mistake.
2. What are Harry and Hutter planning when they get to the Iroquois encampment?
(a) Enlisting them to help guard Muskrat Castle
(b) Taking Indian scalps
(c) Taking the chief hostage
(d) Carrying off two of their women
3. The men who emerge from the woods in the opening of the novel.
(a) Briarthorn and Natty Bumppo
(b) Chingachgook and Thomas Hutter
(c) Soldiers headed for the garrison
(d) Hurry Harry March and Deerslayer
4. What comparisons do they discuss regarding physical beauty?
(a) Handsome Harry versus Natty Bumppo and Judith versus Hetty
(b) British women versus French women
(c) Hutter and Harry versus Native Indian warriors
(d) Hutter's daughters versus Native Indian women
5. What is the purpose of the detailed description of the bedroom of Judith and Hetty in the novel?
(a) It serves to anticipate the characters of the two girls before they are actually introduced.
(b) It shows how wealthy Thomas Hutter is and how spoiled the girls are.
(c) It proves that the Hutter family seldom comes to Muskrat Castle.
(d) It foreshadows the death of Hetty and Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Deerslayer turns his back on the Iroquois?
2. What does the discussion about scalping do for the novel?
3. How do Hutter, March, and Deerslayer secure Muskrat Castle on the island in the middle of the lake?
4. When they find the Hutter family, Harry is interested in Judith. In what is Deerslayer interested?
5. Why does Hutter want to attack the Iroquois encampments?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)