|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do March and Deerslayer finally find the Hutters?
(a) In the Delaware village
(b) Visiting with the Iroquois
(c) Just arriving back from Philadelphia
(d) On their boat called the Ark
2. What happens when Deerslayer wakes the following morning?
(a) He makes bird calls to see if Harry will reply.
(b) He goes up to the house for breakfast.
(c) He paddles quickly to shore to look for Harry and Hutter.
(d) An Iroquois on shore shoots at him.
3. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
(a) He gives them new mossasins to wear.
(b) He shows them how to slip up on the camp.
(c) He urges them to go without their muskets.
(d) He warns them that what they are planning is wrong.
4. Instead of Harry's prearranged signal, what does Deerslayer hear?
(b) The cry of a wounded moose
(c) A woman scream
(d) War drums
5. What does the discussion about scalping do for the novel?
(a) It gives historical background to the Seven Years War.
(b) It foreshadows what will happen to Judith and Hetty.
(c) It sets up an ongoing conflict throughout the story.
(d) It proves that both white and Indian men are without morality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows the strong character of Deerslayer in the opening of the novel?
2. What does the dying Iroquois say to Deerslayer?
3. What conversation passes between Deerslayer and the Iroquois?
4. The men who emerge from the woods in the opening of the novel.
5. What is the argument between Harry Marsh and Deerslayer?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)