|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Hutter, March, and Deerslayer secure Muskrat Castle on the island in the middle of the lake?
(a) They send a carrier pidgeon to the garrison.
(b) They build a circle of fire around the house.
(c) They find all the canoes hidden along the lake shore and take them to the middle of the lake.
(d) They establish a watch throughout the night.
2. When asked why they came there, what do Hutter and Harry admit?
(a) That they were looking for Iroquois women to capture.
(b) That they came there for scalps.
(c) That they had heard the Iroquois had gold.
(d) That they were spies for the soldiers in the garrison.
3. What does the dying Iroquois say to Deerslayer?
(a) That he must not marry his widow.
(b) That he should be called Hawkeye.
(c) That he speaks with forked tongue.
(d) That he should learn how to shoot better.
4. What conversation passes between Deerslayer and the Iroquois?
(a) That the garrison is sending soldiers and the Iroquois are in danger.
(b) That he will bring the white women to him.
(c) That he lives with the Delaware.
(d) How Deerslayer does not want to fight and thinks they should be friends.
5. What does Deerslayer say to March when he impulsively shoots a deer just for sport?
(a) He should never fire a rifle from a canoe because it could tip over.
(b) It is wrong to kill an animal without intending to eat its meat or make something from its skin.
(c) He must remember the spot so they can collect the deer when they go back to shore.
(d) He should be careful not to shoot a cow by mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chingachgook relate when he arrives?
2. Instead of Harry's prearranged signal, what does Deerslayer hear?
3. Where do March and Deerslayer finally find the Hutters?
4. What has Hutter found and shows to March and Deerslayer?
5. When the Iroquois dies, what does Deerslayer refuse to do?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)