|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does going to talk with the Iroquois pose for Deerslayer?
(a) He does not know the Iroquois language.
(b) He does not know how to make contact with the Iroquois.
(c) He is forced to admit that he had killed an Iroquois warrior.
(d) He thinks it will prevent Chingachgook from regaining his wife.
2. When Chingachgook arrives, why do Judith and Hetty not understand their conversation?
(a) They talk too softly for the girls to hear.
(b) They speak in the Delaware language.
(c) They speak French.
(d) They speak only in sign language.
3. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
(a) He takes Hetty and goes to the encampment.
(b) He goes ashore and heads for the garrison.
(c) He goes to sleep in his canoe.
(d) He wakes the girls and gives them guns.
4. What happens when Deerslayer turns his back on the Iroquois?
(a) The Iroquois turns around and goes back empty handed.
(b) The Indian tries to kill him but Deerslayer gets the Iroquois instead.
(c) The Iroquois watches him closely to see that he does not return.
(d) He hears the screams of Harry and Hutter coming from the camp.
5. Who appears on the shore and prepares to attack the people on the Ark?
(a) Native Indians who fight for the French
(b) A French brigade
(c) Members of the Delaware tribe
(d) A group of renegade settlers
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Iroquois in that area in the first place?
2. What happens when Deerslayer wakes the following morning?
3. What are Harry and Hutter planning when they get to the Iroquois encampment?
4. What was the reaction of the Iroquois about Hutter and Harry wanting scalps?
5. What does Deerslayer say to March when he impulsively shoots a deer just for sport?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)