|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Deerslayer wakes the following morning?
(a) He goes up to the house for breakfast.
(b) He makes bird calls to see if Harry will reply.
(c) He paddles quickly to shore to look for Harry and Hutter.
(d) An Iroquois on shore shoots at him.
2. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
(a) He goes ashore and heads for the garrison.
(b) He wakes the girls and gives them guns.
(c) He takes Hetty and goes to the encampment.
(d) He goes to sleep in his canoe.
3. When Chingachgook arrives, why do Judith and Hetty not understand their conversation?
(a) They speak only in sign language.
(b) They speak French.
(c) They speak in the Delaware language.
(d) They talk too softly for the girls to hear.
4. What was the reaction of the Iroquois about Hutter and Harry wanting scalps?
(a) They discuss taking Hetty's scalp to teach them a lesson.
(b) Recognizing the importance of scalps, they are not angered.
(c) They think the men were crazy.
(d) They do not believe white men would come for scalps.
5. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
(a) He warns them that what they are planning is wrong.
(b) He shows them how to slip up on the camp.
(c) He gives them new mossasins to wear.
(d) He urges them to go without their muskets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Harry and Hutter planning when they get to the Iroquois encampment?
2. What is the argument between Harry Marsh and Deerslayer?
3. Where do March and Deerslayer finally find the Hutters?
4. What has Hutter found and shows to March and Deerslayer?
5. Who appears on the shore and prepares to attack the people on the Ark?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)