|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Iroquois discover Hetty's mental capacity?
(a) Hutter tells them his daughter is afflicted.
(b) Wah-ta-Wah explains it to them.
(c) They see that she is not afraid of them.
(d) They already know because they had heard the tales.
2. How do Hutter, March, and Deerslayer secure Muskrat Castle on the island in the middle of the lake?
(a) They find all the canoes hidden along the lake shore and take them to the middle of the lake.
(b) They build a circle of fire around the house.
(c) They send a carrier pidgeon to the garrison.
(d) They establish a watch throughout the night.
3. Why are the Iroquois in that area in the first place?
(a) They got lost looking for the French.
(b) They are expecting to settle there.
(c) They are looking for game to kill before winter.
(d) They are making their way north to join the French.
4. After the house is secure, what does Deerslayer agree to do?
(a) Go on a scalp hunting expedition with Harry and Hutter.
(b) Take the watch all night long so the others can sleep.
(c) Take Harry and Hutter ashore and return for them on Harry's signal.
(d) Sink all the Indian canoes they found around the lake.
5. What unexpected thing does Hetty do before they realize it?
(a) She takes a canoe and paddles to the lake shore.
(b) She takes an axe and chops open the old chest.
(c) She sets fire to the house.
(d) She tries to swim ashore and drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
2. When they find the Hutter family, Harry is interested in Judith. In what is Deerslayer interested?
3. Who appears on the shore and prepares to attack the people on the Ark?
4. Where do March and Deerslayer finally find the Hutters?
5. What is the argument between Harry Marsh and Deerslayer?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)