|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the argument between Harry Marsh and Deerslayer?
(a) An argument about the location of the Hutter family
(b) An argument about the character of Native Americans
(c) An argument about the best way to hunt deer
(d) An argument about the value of the land
2. Where do March and Deerslayer finally find the Hutters?
(a) In the Delaware village
(b) Visiting with the Iroquois
(c) Just arriving back from Philadelphia
(d) On their boat called the Ark
3. What possibility causes Hutter a great deal of anxiety?
(a) That Hetty would be taken by one of the Iroquois braves.
(b) That Judith might run away with a soldier from the garrison.
(c) That Judith might open the old chest to find some ransom for them.
(d) That the Iroquois might storm the island and kill Judith.
4. What has Hutter found and shows to March and Deerslayer?
(a) An arrow
(b) Some deer antlers
(c) A French made rifle
(d) A moccasin
5. What unexpected thing does Hetty do before they realize it?
(a) She takes an axe and chops open the old chest.
(b) She takes a canoe and paddles to the lake shore.
(c) She tries to swim ashore and drowns.
(d) She sets fire to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they find the Hutter family, Harry is interested in Judith. In what is Deerslayer interested?
2. How do the Iroquois discover Hetty's mental capacity?
3. What happens when Deerslayer turns his back on the Iroquois?
4. What is Judith's suggestion about securing the release of Hutter and Harry?
5. Why does Hetty try to go to the Iroquois encampment?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)