|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Judith's suggestion about securing the release of Hutter and Harry?
(a) Set the Ark adrift and then slip away in canoes
(b) Leave the island and find the garrison
(c) Run away and leave her father to his fate
(d) Gather items they might use to trade for their freedom
2. How do the Iroquois discover Hetty's mental capacity?
(a) Wah-ta-Wah explains it to them.
(b) They already know because they had heard the tales.
(c) They see that she is not afraid of them.
(d) Hutter tells them his daughter is afflicted.
3. When asked why they came there, what do Hutter and Harry admit?
(a) That they were looking for Iroquois women to capture.
(b) That they came there for scalps.
(c) That they had heard the Iroquois had gold.
(d) That they were spies for the soldiers in the garrison.
4. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
(a) He gives them new mossasins to wear.
(b) He warns them that what they are planning is wrong.
(c) He urges them to go without their muskets.
(d) He shows them how to slip up on the camp.
5. What does Deerslayer say to March when he impulsively shoots a deer just for sport?
(a) It is wrong to kill an animal without intending to eat its meat or make something from its skin.
(b) He should be careful not to shoot a cow by mistake.
(c) He must remember the spot so they can collect the deer when they go back to shore.
(d) He should never fire a rifle from a canoe because it could tip over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Deerslayer not raise his rifle against the Iroquois who shot at him?
2. What does Hetty do to try and win the release of her father and Harry?
3. What happens when Deerslayer wakes the following morning?
4. How do Hutter, March, and Deerslayer secure Muskrat Castle on the island in the middle of the lake?
5. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)