|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
(a) He goes to sleep in his canoe.
(b) He takes Hetty and goes to the encampment.
(c) He goes ashore and heads for the garrison.
(d) He wakes the girls and gives them guns.
2. How do Hutter, March, and Deerslayer secure Muskrat Castle on the island in the middle of the lake?
(a) They find all the canoes hidden along the lake shore and take them to the middle of the lake.
(b) They build a circle of fire around the house.
(c) They send a carrier pidgeon to the garrison.
(d) They establish a watch throughout the night.
3. What does Chingachgook relate when he arrives?
(a) He hears the war drums coming from the Iroquois camp.
(b) He sees the scalps of Hutter and Harry.
(c) He sees soldiers marching out of the garrison.
(d) He has seen the Iroquois encampment and two prisoners.
4. What unexpected thing does Hetty do before they realize it?
(a) She takes an axe and chops open the old chest.
(b) She sets fire to the house.
(c) She tries to swim ashore and drowns.
(d) She takes a canoe and paddles to the lake shore.
5. What do they find out when they are trying to open the old chest?
(a) The key is hidden behind a loose stone in the fireplace.
(b) The key is in the pocket of one of Hetty's dresses.
(c) The key is nowhere to be found.
(d) The key is pinned behind a photograph of Judith's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does going to talk with the Iroquois pose for Deerslayer?
2. What useful items do they find in the chest?
3. Why does Hetty try to go to the Iroquois encampment?
4. How do the men finally manage to grab Wah-ta-Wah?
5. What does Judith keep insisting?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)