|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
(a) He goes to sleep in his canoe.
(b) He wakes the girls and gives them guns.
(c) He goes ashore and heads for the garrison.
(d) He takes Hetty and goes to the encampment.
2. What does Judith find inside the chest?
(a) A diary written by a late aunt
(b) A beautiful dress that belonged to her mother
(c) A Bible with the family tree written in it
(d) A book of family recipes
3. Why do the Iroquois on the island not kill Harry and Hutter?
(a) They want to make them suffer under torture.
(b) They want to take them to get the rest of the treasure on the Ark.
(c) They now think they are mentally afflicted like Hetty.
(d) They are on the island and do not know about the dead woman.
4. How do the men finally manage to grab Wah-ta-Wah?
(a) When she and an old lady go to collect water from the lake.
(b) When everyone falls asleep.
(c) When it gets very dark.
(d) When Wah-ta-Wah makes a run for her freedom.
5. What unexpected thing does Hetty do before they realize it?
(a) She takes an axe and chops open the old chest.
(b) She tries to swim ashore and drowns.
(c) She sets fire to the house.
(d) She takes a canoe and paddles to the lake shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Chingachgook the idea that the Iroquois have taken over Muskrat Castle during the night?
2. What is Judith's suggestion about securing the release of Hutter and Harry?
3. What useful items do they find in the chest?
4. Prior to Hutter and Harry going to the encampment, what does Deerslayer do?
5. How does Chingachgook disguise himself on the boat?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)