|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of Harry's prearranged signal, what does Deerslayer hear?
(a) War drums
(b) A woman scream
(d) The cry of a wounded moose
2. What unexpected thing does Hetty do before they realize it?
(a) She takes an axe and chops open the old chest.
(b) She tries to swim ashore and drowns.
(c) She takes a canoe and paddles to the lake shore.
(d) She sets fire to the house.
3. What does Judith keep insisting?
(a) That Deerslayer agrees to marry her.
(b) That they find something they can use to barter for her father's release.
(c) That they take the canoes and go looking for Hetty.
(d) That they remain on the island for a few more days.
4. What is Judith's suggestion about securing the release of Hutter and Harry?
(a) Set the Ark adrift and then slip away in canoes
(b) Run away and leave her father to his fate
(c) Leave the island and find the garrison
(d) Gather items they might use to trade for their freedom
5. What does Hutter do when he discovers that Deerslayer has been captured?
(a) He gets in a canoe and races ashore to find Deerslayer.
(b) He hides behind the old chest.
(c) He fires his gun at someone on the shore and kills the warrior's lover.
(d) He insists that they take the Ark to the other side of the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Iroquois on the island not kill Harry and Hutter?
2. When Chingachgook arrives, why do Judith and Hetty not understand their conversation?
3. What do they find out when they are trying to open the old chest?
4. What complicates Wah-ta-Wah's rescue?
5. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)