|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chingachgook relate when he arrives?
(a) He sees the scalps of Hutter and Harry.
(b) He sees soldiers marching out of the garrison.
(c) He has seen the Iroquois encampment and two prisoners.
(d) He hears the war drums coming from the Iroquois camp.
2. What happens when Harry and Hutter enter Muskrat Castle that morning?
(a) They find Deerslayer there.
(b) They see that they were right about the castle being empty.
(c) They kill an Iroquois boy who came there to play.
(d) The Iroquois are waiting in ambush and capture them.
3. How do the men finally manage to grab Wah-ta-Wah?
(a) When Wah-ta-Wah makes a run for her freedom.
(b) When everyone falls asleep.
(c) When it gets very dark.
(d) When she and an old lady go to collect water from the lake.
4. When Deerslayer realizes Harry and Hutter have been taken captive, what does he do?
(a) He goes to sleep in his canoe.
(b) He goes ashore and heads for the garrison.
(c) He wakes the girls and gives them guns.
(d) He takes Hetty and goes to the encampment.
5. What are Harry and Hutter planning when they get to the Iroquois encampment?
(a) Taking Indian scalps
(b) Carrying off two of their women
(c) Taking the chief hostage
(d) Enlisting them to help guard Muskrat Castle
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Chingachgook the idea that the Iroquois have taken over Muskrat Castle during the night?
2. What attitude do Harry and Hutter have about Chingachgook's fears?
3. What useful items do they find in the chest?
4. What do they find out when they are trying to open the old chest?
5. What do Chingachgook and Wah-ta-Wah do the next morning?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)