|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Harry and Hutter enter Muskrat Castle that morning?
(a) The Iroquois are waiting in ambush and capture them.
(b) They see that they were right about the castle being empty.
(c) They kill an Iroquois boy who came there to play.
(d) They find Deerslayer there.
2. What does Hutter do when he discovers that Deerslayer has been captured?
(a) He gets in a canoe and races ashore to find Deerslayer.
(b) He hides behind the old chest.
(c) He fires his gun at someone on the shore and kills the warrior's lover.
(d) He insists that they take the Ark to the other side of the lake.
3. Why do the Iroquois on the island not kill Harry and Hutter?
(a) They want to make them suffer under torture.
(b) They now think they are mentally afflicted like Hetty.
(c) They are on the island and do not know about the dead woman.
(d) They want to take them to get the rest of the treasure on the Ark.
4. What do the fancy clothes and dueling pistols tell Judith?
(a) They are information she already knew about her parents.
(b) They are not things Hutter would have bought.
(c) They are what is left over from her mother's wedding.
(d) They are probably stolen articles.
5. What does Chingachgook relate when he arrives?
(a) He has seen the Iroquois encampment and two prisoners.
(b) He hears the war drums coming from the Iroquois camp.
(c) He sees the scalps of Hutter and Harry.
(d) He sees soldiers marching out of the garrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men finally manage to grab Wah-ta-Wah?
2. What is Judith's suggestion about securing the release of Hutter and Harry?
3. Why does Hetty try to go to the Iroquois encampment?
4. What happens when Deerslayer grabs the old woman?
5. What are Harry and Hutter planning when they get to the Iroquois encampment?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)