|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the fancy clothes and dueling pistols tell Judith?
(a) They are probably stolen articles.
(b) They are what is left over from her mother's wedding.
(c) They are information she already knew about her parents.
(d) They are not things Hutter would have bought.
2. What does Judith find inside the chest?
(a) A book of family recipes
(b) A Bible with the family tree written in it
(c) A diary written by a late aunt
(d) A beautiful dress that belonged to her mother
3. What useful items do they find in the chest?
(a) A rifle and some ammunition
(b) A set of dueling pistols
(c) A tomahawk
(d) Several scalps Hutter has collected
4. What do they find out when they are trying to open the old chest?
(a) The key is in the pocket of one of Hetty's dresses.
(b) The key is pinned behind a photograph of Judith's mother.
(c) The key is hidden behind a loose stone in the fireplace.
(d) The key is nowhere to be found.
5. What does Hutter do when he discovers that Deerslayer has been captured?
(a) He fires his gun at someone on the shore and kills the warrior's lover.
(b) He hides behind the old chest.
(c) He insists that they take the Ark to the other side of the lake.
(d) He gets in a canoe and races ashore to find Deerslayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith keep insisting?
2. What plans do Chingachgook and Deerslayer make together?
3. Instead of Harry's prearranged signal, what does Deerslayer hear?
4. What problem does going to talk with the Iroquois pose for Deerslayer?
5. What happens when Deerslayer grabs the old woman?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)