Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• It is the beginning of the French and Indian War in picturesque upper New York.
• Deerslayer and Harry March emerge from the woods and seek out Thomas Hutter and his family.
• To get to the house called Muskrat Castle, they have to go by canoe and when they arrive, they find it empty.
• Harry, who helped build the house, explains about it and why the lake is called Glimmerglass.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Harry and Deerslayer look for the Hutter family on the boat called the Ark.
• They have a serious discussion about morality and honor among the Indian tribes.
• Tom Hutter tells the visitors that he has knowledge of many Indian tribes coming into the area and shows them a moccasin he found.
• Just as they get the Ark into open waters, a group of Indians appear on the shore and prepares to attack.
• Hutter wants...
This section contains 2,444 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)