Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
* It is the beginning of the French and Indian War in picturesque upper New York.
* Deerslayer and Harry March emerge from the woods and seek out Thomas Hutter and his family.
* To get to the house called Muskrat Castle, they have to go by canoe and when they arrive, they find it empty.
* Harry, who helped build the house, explains about it and why the lake is called Glimmerglass.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
* Harry and Deerslayer look for the Hutter family on the boat called the Ark.
* They have a serious discussion about morality and honor among the Indian tribes.
* Tom Hutter tells the visitors that he has knowledge of many Indian tribes coming into the area and shows them a moccasin he found.
* Just as they get the Ark into open waters, a group of Indians appear on the shore and prepares to attack.
* Hutter wants...
This section contains 2,228 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)