|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did the woman thank the Captain?
2. How have drugs proven dangerous when doing controlled brainwashing?
3. Do the Russians intend to pay Min Koryo?
4. Where would Lee rather be?
5. Who was the agent who was sent to investigate the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What documentation allowed the woman this fantasy and gave her notions of the heist?
2. Why does Oscar Lucas have such sway in regard to the President?
3. How is Dirk Pitt described?
4. How does Pitt describe looking for a shipwreck?
5. Describe Madame Bougainville.
6. Why would the young woman have not been watched in the vault?
7. What was strange and different regarding the Catawba's boarding of the Amie Marie?
8. What was strange about the condition of the Pilottown?
9. What is Lee Tong's connection to Madame Bougainville?
10. Describe the President.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Pitt's loss of his Talbot-Lago from a psychological level. What does his answer to the cocktail waitress describe about his personality? How does he view his vehicles?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the setting of the sinking of the Leonid Andreyev made it ideal to not bend the reality of the situation to the breaking point. How did the setting contribute to the rescue of the survivors? How did it also provide a good backdrop for Pitt to be a hero?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Dirk Pitt to the author, Clive Cussler. What do they have in common, and how are they different? Do you think Dirk Pitt is a projection of who the author wishes he could be? Why or why not?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)