|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people jumped ship in the last docking?
2. What depressed Oscar Lucas?
3. What was Dirk Pitt eating?
4. Why couldn't the woman move?
5. What had happened to the crew of the Amie Marie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two ways to scuttle a ship and collect insurance, and which was likely employed?
2. What was Larimer's position on western Europe?
3. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
4. Why can't the Russian government deduce how Min Koryo pulled off the abduction of the President?
5. What did the President want to discuss with the people on board the Eagle?
6. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
7. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
8. Why wasn't Mendoza with Pitt and his crew as they discovered the Pilottown?
9. How did the young woman pull off the heist?
10. How does the government plan to keep the President's disappearance a secret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Pitt's loss of his Talbot-Lago from a psychological level. What does his answer to the cocktail waitress describe about his personality? How does he view his vehicles?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dirk Pitt as a character. What kind of person is he? How does he treat women in general? What are his biggest vices? What are his greatest weaknesses? Explain how you came to these answers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the influence of Al Giordino and Admiral Sandecker. How do they come through for Dirk? How has Dirk come through for them? Describe their relationship with Dirk, and how it affects the development of the plot.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)