|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had the young woman been nervous when she had boarded the boat?
2. What was found about a hundred and fifty yards upriver of where the Eagle was?
3. Who had intruded on her privacy in her cabin?
4. How many transactions were made through the bank in Seoul?
5. How long does Sandecker want the President to delay evacuation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Madame Bougainville.
2. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
3. What makes Oscar Lucas so nervous?
4. Why did she feign sickness?
5. How did the young woman pull off the heist?
6. What do Min Koryo and Lee Tong deduce about Dirk's plot?
7. How was Dover wrong in one respect, but correct in another?
8. What was strange and different regarding the Catawba's boarding of the Amie Marie?
9. What are the two ways to scuttle a ship and collect insurance, and which was likely employed?
10. Why does Pitt want to send out a press release regarding the Pilottown and the San Marino?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the heist in the beginning of the novel. How is this kind of heist impossible in today's day and age? What kinds of security measures are in place to prevent such things happening? Explain whether or not you think Arta would have gotten away with her crime, and how she might have gone about it.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Alan Moran's duplicity between who he is in the public eye, and who he is behind closed doors. Suggest reasons for this dual personality. Speculate on the necessity of this behavior.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Secret Service agents with the detail of protecting the President. In what way was the President's abduction poor planning and execution on behalf of the Secret Service?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)