|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had the young woman been nervous when she had boarded the boat?
2. What two emotions lay dormant in the woman?
3. Who was the only person dressed in a suit?
4. What nationality does the Russian President mistake Min Koryo's ancestry?
5. Who had wanted the cup of coffee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
2. Describe the President.
3. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
4. Why would the young woman have not been watched in the vault?
5. How does Pitt describe looking for a shipwreck?
6. Why does Pitt want to send out a press release regarding the Pilottown and the San Marino?
7. What does the President say in regard to Dirk Pitt?
8. Describe Madame Bougainville.
9. What was interesting to note about the fog?
10. What was strange and different regarding the Catawba's boarding of the Amie Marie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dirk Pitt as a character. What kind of person is he? How does he treat women in general? What are his biggest vices? What are his greatest weaknesses? Explain how you came to these answers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the heist in the beginning of the novel. How is this kind of heist impossible in today's day and age? What kinds of security measures are in place to prevent such things happening? Explain whether or not you think Arta would have gotten away with her crime, and how she might have gone about it.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Alan Moran didn't tell the truth about where he and Larimer had been, and how they got there? How might have the public reacted to this statement? Could it have affected his place in office? How or why not?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)