Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people jumped ship in the last docking?
2. What was in the large bookkeeping ledger?
3. For whom did Oscar Lucas work?
4. What was the girl's name?
5. Which post is missing a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the young woman pull off the heist?
2. What are the two options for the Bougainville shipping company in regard to Vice President Margolin?
3. How did Moran nurture a carefully controlled public image?
4. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
5. How does the President have domestic enemies?
6. What kinds of crimes were the Bougainvilles attached to?
7. Where else was Lee mentioned?
8. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
9. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
10. What is described in Chapter 25?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the setting of the sinking of the Leonid Andreyev made it ideal to not bend the reality of the situation to the breaking point. How did the setting contribute to the rescue of the survivors? How did it also provide a good backdrop for Pitt to be a hero?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the influence of Al Giordino and Admiral Sandecker. How do they come through for Dirk? How has Dirk come through for them? Describe their relationship with Dirk, and how it affects the development of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the plot of the novel. Could it have been improved and how or why not? What specific elements did you like or dislike, and why?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)