|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person dressed in a suit?
2. What word does Lee Tong use sometimes when talking with the shipping tycoon?
3. What depressed Oscar Lucas?
4. How many years had Cutty Sark been in the business?
5. What play is the President attending?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where else was Lee mentioned?
2. What is Margolin's final argument regarding the proposal of the President?
3. What was Larimer's position on western Europe?
4. How does the President have domestic enemies?
5. Describe Madame Bougainville.
6. What makes Oscar Lucas so nervous?
7. How does the government plan to keep the President's disappearance a secret?
8. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
9. How did the young woman pull off the heist?
10. What do Min Koryo and Lee Tong deduce about Dirk's plot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the advanced school of thought regarding the biotechnology that is used in this book. Is it realistic technology, or purely a product of fiction? What kinds of things have come to light in the increased knowledge of bio tech that has lead you to your conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the heist in the beginning of the novel. How is this kind of heist impossible in today's day and age? What kinds of security measures are in place to prevent such things happening? Explain whether or not you think Arta would have gotten away with her crime, and how she might have gone about it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the public would react to a missing Head of State. How is the public's reaction to the President's disappearance realistic? How is it fictional?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)