|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did the woman thank the Captain?
2. Who is asked for on Aleksei Lugovoy's private line?
3. Who is the acting President until the three men are found?
4. What had happened to the crew of the Amie Marie?
5. Why couldn't the woman move?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the government plan to keep the President's disappearance a secret?
2. What makes Oscar Lucas so nervous?
3. How does Pitt describe looking for a shipwreck?
4. What is Margolin's final argument regarding the proposal of the President?
5. Why were the microphones near the agents' wrists?
6. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
7. What are the two ways to scuttle a ship and collect insurance, and which was likely employed?
8. How does the President have domestic enemies?
9. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
10. What was Larimer's position on western Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Pitt's loss of his Talbot-Lago from a psychological level. What does his answer to the cocktail waitress describe about his personality? How does he view his vehicles?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the plot of the novel. Could it have been improved and how or why not? What specific elements did you like or dislike, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Alan Moran didn't tell the truth about where he and Larimer had been, and how they got there? How might have the public reacted to this statement? Could it have affected his place in office? How or why not?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)