|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else went missing with the President?
2. What was Pitt's team looking for?
3. What was in the large bookkeeping ledger?
4. What was the actual name of the girl?
5. What nationality does the Russian President mistake Min Koryo's ancestry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't the Russian government deduce how Min Koryo pulled off the abduction of the President?
2. Why does Oscar Lucas have such sway in regard to the President?
3. Describe the President.
4. How does the government plan to keep the President's disappearance a secret?
5. What did the President want to discuss with the people on board the Eagle?
6. Why were the microphones near the agents' wrists?
7. How does Pitt describe looking for a shipwreck?
8. Describe Madame Bougainville.
9. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
10. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the setting of the sinking of the Leonid Andreyev made it ideal to not bend the reality of the situation to the breaking point. How did the setting contribute to the rescue of the survivors? How did it also provide a good backdrop for Pitt to be a hero?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ecological fallout that isn't discussed regarding nerve agent S. What kinds of things were avoided being talked about regarding the spill? How would a cleanup of the chemical been next to impossible, and how would the loss of marine life have changed the coast of Alaska and British Columbia forever?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the advanced school of thought regarding the biotechnology that is used in this book. Is it realistic technology, or purely a product of fiction? What kinds of things have come to light in the increased knowledge of bio tech that has lead you to your conclusion?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)