|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had wanted the cup of coffee?
2. What was the first sign of the disease?
3. What is the likely storage hold of the poison?
4. How many hours ahead of schedule had Pitt found the nerve agent?
5. Whose lifeless eyes were the last of which the young woman saw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Oscar Lucas so nervous?
2. Why were the microphones near the agents' wrists?
3. What is Lee Tong's connection to Madame Bougainville?
4. Why does Oscar Lucas have such sway in regard to the President?
5. What does the President say in regard to Dirk Pitt?
6. What are the two ways to scuttle a ship and collect insurance, and which was likely employed?
7. What was Larimer's position on western Europe?
8. What did the President want to discuss with the people on board the Eagle?
9. How was Dover wrong in one respect, but correct in another?
10. How is Dirk Pitt described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the influence of Dirk's friends throughout the novel. How might he have been stonewalled several times if not for their timely information and skills? Explain how the plot would have been affected if Dirk wouldn't have had such knowledgeable people backing him and looking things up for him.
Essay Topic 2
Compare yourself to any character in this novel. Who do you mostly resemble physically? Psychologically? If you don't closely resemble someone in these two aspects, who do you most identify with and why? Do you think that these characters are designed to be easily identified with? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Alan Moran didn't tell the truth about where he and Larimer had been, and how they got there? How might have the public reacted to this statement? Could it have affected his place in office? How or why not?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)