|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the President attempting to kill his enemies with kindness?
2. How many years prior had the 'plan' been conceived?
3. What author is mentioned in this chapter?
4. What post was Aiken on?
5. How many people jumped ship in the last docking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was strange about the condition of the Pilottown?
2. What was Suvoyov insinuating when he mentioned to Loren that they could 'negotiate' her return to Moscow?
3. Why wasn't Mendoza with Pitt and his crew as they discovered the Pilottown?
4. Why does Pitt want to send out a press release regarding the Pilottown and the San Marino?
5. What was it that alerted the Bougainvilles to Pitt's presence so close?
6. What alerts Mangyai to the imminent Russian plot?
7. What was Moran going to tell the press regarding the President's cabinet?
8. What is Hemlock the most well known for? How was the Hemlock administered to the victims?
9. What is described in Chapter 25?
10. What is Lee Tong's connection to Madame Bougainville?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the setting of the sinking of the Leonid Andreyev made it ideal to not bend the reality of the situation to the breaking point. How did the setting contribute to the rescue of the survivors? How did it also provide a good backdrop for Pitt to be a hero?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dirk Pitt as a character. What kind of person is he? How does he treat women in general? What are his biggest vices? What are his greatest weaknesses? Explain how you came to these answers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the advanced school of thought regarding the biotechnology that is used in this book. Is it realistic technology, or purely a product of fiction? What kinds of things have come to light in the increased knowledge of bio tech that has lead you to your conclusion?
This section contains 1,704 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)