|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many American dollars worth of Russian gold is at stake?
2. What kind of drink did the President order?
3. Why couldn't the woman move?
4. How have drugs proven dangerous when doing controlled brainwashing?
5. For how much does the finest blend of Chinese herbs sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
2. Why does Oscar Lucas have such sway in regard to the President?
3. How did the young woman pull off the heist?
4. Why were the microphones near the agents' wrists?
5. How does the government plan to keep the President's disappearance a secret?
6. What is Lee Tong's connection to Madame Bougainville?
7. How does the President have domestic enemies?
8. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
9. What do Min Koryo and Lee Tong deduce about Dirk's plot?
10. How does Pitt describe looking for a shipwreck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Pitt's loss of his Talbot-Lago from a psychological level. What does his answer to the cocktail waitress describe about his personality? How does he view his vehicles?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Loren Smith and Julie Mendoza. What do you think attracted Pitt to Julie? How do you think Loren would have reacted to Pitt's affair with Julie? Due to this influence, how did it become necessary to kill her off, yet create enough influence in Dirk's life to keep him chasing an answer?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the influence of Al Giordino and Admiral Sandecker. How do they come through for Dirk? How has Dirk come through for them? Describe their relationship with Dirk, and how it affects the development of the plot.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)