|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the actual name of the girl?
2. What ship was the boiler registered as going into?
3. What did she think was happening at first?
4. To what kind of cooking is Perlmutter addicted?
5. Who had wanted the cup of coffee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Margolin's final argument regarding the proposal of the President?
2. What was Larimer's position on western Europe?
3. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
4. Why does Oscar Lucas have such sway in regard to the President?
5. Why can't the Russian government deduce how Min Koryo pulled off the abduction of the President?
6. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
7. Why does Pitt want to send out a press release regarding the Pilottown and the San Marino?
8. Why were the microphones near the agents' wrists?
9. What do Min Koryo and Lee Tong deduce about Dirk's plot?
10. What are the two ways to scuttle a ship and collect insurance, and which was likely employed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the heist in the beginning of the novel. How is this kind of heist impossible in today's day and age? What kinds of security measures are in place to prevent such things happening? Explain whether or not you think Arta would have gotten away with her crime, and how she might have gone about it.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dirk Pitt as a character. What kind of person is he? How does he treat women in general? What are his biggest vices? What are his greatest weaknesses? Explain how you came to these answers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Secret Service agents with the detail of protecting the President. In what way was the President's abduction poor planning and execution on behalf of the Secret Service?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)