Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people jumped ship in the last docking?
2. What was in the large bookkeeping ledger?
3. For whom did Oscar Lucas work?
4. What was the girl's name?
5. Which post is missing a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the young woman pull off the heist?
2. What are the two options for the Bougainville shipping company in regard to Vice President Margolin?
3. How did Moran nurture a carefully controlled public image?
4. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
5. How does the President have domestic enemies?
6. What kinds of crimes were the Bougainvilles attached to?
7. Where else was Lee mentioned?
8. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
9. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
10. What is described in Chapter 25?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the advanced school of thought regarding the biotechnology that is used in this book. Is it realistic technology, or purely a product of fiction? What kinds of things have come to light in the increased knowledge of bio tech that has lead you to your conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Lee Tong and Alan Moran. How are they created to be the least likable character, and what traits make them such? Are these traits present in every detestable character? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the influence of Dirk's friends throughout the novel. How might he have been stonewalled several times if not for their timely information and skills? Explain how the plot would have been affected if Dirk wouldn't have had such knowledgeable people backing him and looking things up for him.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)