Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people jumped ship in the last docking?
2. What was in the large bookkeeping ledger?
3. For whom did Oscar Lucas work?
4. What was the girl's name?
5. Which post is missing a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the young woman pull off the heist?
2. What are the two options for the Bougainville shipping company in regard to Vice President Margolin?
3. How did Moran nurture a carefully controlled public image?
4. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
5. How does the President have domestic enemies?
6. What kinds of crimes were the Bougainvilles attached to?
7. Where else was Lee mentioned?
8. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
9. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
10. What is described in Chapter 25?
Describe Dirk and Loren's relationship. Why do you think he went after her so many times, and yet was still asking Ms. Mendoza out for dinner? What kind of relationship do Dirk and Loren have? What adds friction to this relationship, and what do you think brings them closer together?
Explain how the setting of the sinking of the Leonid Andreyev made it ideal to not bend the reality of the situation to the breaking point. How did the setting contribute to the rescue of the survivors? How did it also provide a good backdrop for Pitt to be a hero?
Describe Dirk Pitt as a character. What kind of person is he? How does he treat women in general? What are his biggest vices? What are his greatest weaknesses? Explain how you came to these answers.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)