Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people jumped ship in the last docking?
2. What was in the large bookkeeping ledger?
3. For whom did Oscar Lucas work?
4. What was the girl's name?
5. Which post is missing a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the young woman pull off the heist?
2. What are the two options for the Bougainville shipping company in regard to Vice President Margolin?
3. How did Moran nurture a carefully controlled public image?
4. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
5. How does the President have domestic enemies?
6. What kinds of crimes were the Bougainvilles attached to?
7. Where else was Lee mentioned?
8. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
9. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
10. What is described in Chapter 25?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Alan Moran's duplicity between who he is in the public eye, and who he is behind closed doors. Suggest reasons for this dual personality. Speculate on the necessity of this behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the public would react to a missing Head of State. How is the public's reaction to the President's disappearance realistic? How is it fictional?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Alan Moran didn't tell the truth about where he and Larimer had been, and how they got there? How might have the public reacted to this statement? Could it have affected his place in office? How or why not?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)