|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did she steal from the vault on Monday?
2. How long does Sandecker want the President to delay evacuation?
3. How many people jumped ship in the last docking?
4. What connects the San Marino and the Pilottown?
5. What did they do to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the President have domestic enemies?
2. Why does Oscar Lucas have such sway in regard to the President?
3. What was strange about the condition of the Pilottown?
4. What was interesting to note about the fog?
5. What is Lee Tong's connection to Madame Bougainville?
6. Why did she feign sickness?
7. What does the President say in regard to Dirk Pitt?
8. How is Dirk Pitt described?
9. Why does Pitt want to send out a press release regarding the Pilottown and the San Marino?
10. What was Larimer's position on western Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Alan Moran's duplicity between who he is in the public eye, and who he is behind closed doors. Suggest reasons for this dual personality. Speculate on the necessity of this behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Lee Tong and Alan Moran. How are they created to be the least likable character, and what traits make them such? Are these traits present in every detestable character? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dirk and Loren's relationship. Why do you think he went after her so many times, and yet was still asking Ms. Mendoza out for dinner? What kind of relationship do Dirk and Loren have? What adds friction to this relationship, and what do you think brings them closer together?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)