|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lee join the Coast Guard?
2. What was the actual name of the girl?
3. What was the first sign of the disease?
4. What was Pitt's reaction to this death?
5. Who went on the Amie Marie following the Lieutenant and the Ensign?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
2. Why were the microphones near the agents' wrists?
3. What was strange about the condition of the Pilottown?
4. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
5. How was Dover wrong in one respect, but correct in another?
6. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
7. How does the government plan to keep the President's disappearance a secret?
8. Why did she feign sickness?
9. What was interesting to note about the fog?
10. How did the young woman pull off the heist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dirk Pitt as a character. What kind of person is he? How does he treat women in general? What are his biggest vices? What are his greatest weaknesses? Explain how you came to these answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the advanced school of thought regarding the biotechnology that is used in this book. Is it realistic technology, or purely a product of fiction? What kinds of things have come to light in the increased knowledge of bio tech that has lead you to your conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of Lee Tong and Alan Moran. How are they created to be the least likable character, and what traits make them such? Are these traits present in every detestable character? Explain your answer.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)