|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ship carrying?
2. What was found about a hundred and fifty yards upriver of where the Eagle was?
3. Who went on the Amie Marie following the Lieutenant and the Ensign?
4. To what kind of cooking is Perlmutter addicted?
5. How many hours ahead of schedule had Pitt found the nerve agent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
2. What was strange and different regarding the Catawba's boarding of the Amie Marie?
3. Why does Pitt want to send out a press release regarding the Pilottown and the San Marino?
4. What was interesting to note about the fog?
5. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
6. What was strange about the condition of the Pilottown?
7. Why would the young woman have not been watched in the vault?
8. What was Larimer's position on western Europe?
9. What is Margolin's final argument regarding the proposal of the President?
10. How does the President have domestic enemies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Pitt's loss of his Talbot-Lago from a psychological level. What does his answer to the cocktail waitress describe about his personality? How does he view his vehicles?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Alan Moran didn't tell the truth about where he and Larimer had been, and how they got there? How might have the public reacted to this statement? Could it have affected his place in office? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the heist in the beginning of the novel. How is this kind of heist impossible in today's day and age? What kinds of security measures are in place to prevent such things happening? Explain whether or not you think Arta would have gotten away with her crime, and how she might have gone about it.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)