|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the likely storage hold of the poison?
2. What ship was the boiler registered as going into?
3. To what kind of cooking is Perlmutter addicted?
4. In what year did Lee's family immigrate to America?
5. How many transactions were made through the bank in Seoul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
2. Describe Madame Bougainville.
3. What is Lee Tong's connection to Madame Bougainville?
4. Why were the microphones near the agents' wrists?
5. What was Larimer's position on western Europe?
6. What was strange and different regarding the Catawba's boarding of the Amie Marie?
7. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
8. Why wasn't Mendoza with Pitt and his crew as they discovered the Pilottown?
9. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
10. How was Dover wrong in one respect, but correct in another?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Pitt had a pet animal, real or fantastic, what kind of animal would it be and why? How is this animal suited to his personality? How would this animal affect the development of a plot?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the advanced school of thought regarding the biotechnology that is used in this book. Is it realistic technology, or purely a product of fiction? What kinds of things have come to light in the increased knowledge of bio tech that has lead you to your conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Pitt's loss of his Talbot-Lago from a psychological level. What does his answer to the cocktail waitress describe about his personality? How does he view his vehicles?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)