|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Lee's family immigrate to America?
2. Which two posts are supposed to keep a sharp watch on the river?
3. To what kind of cooking is Perlmutter addicted?
4. How much money was in the cash shipment?
5. How many American dollars worth of Russian gold is at stake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was interesting to note about the fog?
2. Why does Pitt want to send out a press release regarding the Pilottown and the San Marino?
3. How did the President stop Congress from convening?
4. Describe Madame Bougainville.
5. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
6. What is Lee Tong's connection to Madame Bougainville?
7. How does the SAP machine function, in layman's terms?
8. What insults were used in regard to the President of the U.S. from Moran, and what does this say about his character?
9. What is Margolin's final argument regarding the proposal of the President?
10. How did Admiral Sandecker know that Pitt had been on board the Eagle?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Pitt's loss of his Talbot-Lago from a psychological level. What does his answer to the cocktail waitress describe about his personality? How does he view his vehicles?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the public would react to a missing Head of State. How is the public's reaction to the President's disappearance realistic? How is it fictional?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the influence of Dirk's friends throughout the novel. How might he have been stonewalled several times if not for their timely information and skills? Explain how the plot would have been affected if Dirk wouldn't have had such knowledgeable people backing him and looking things up for him.
This section contains 1,685 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)