|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else, other than the constituents and Congressmen, doesn't want food in Russia?
2. How was the President attempting to kill his enemies with kindness?
3. What sound was heard through the thick fog?
4. How was Yeager known by some?
5. What word(s) signaled to Lucas that double talk was being dropped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Madame Bougainville.
2. Where else was Lee mentioned?
3. What documentation allowed the woman this fantasy and gave her notions of the heist?
4. What are the two ways to scuttle a ship and collect insurance, and which was likely employed?
5. What was strange about the condition of the Pilottown?
6. How was Dover wrong in one respect, but correct in another?
7. What is Margolin's final argument regarding the proposal of the President?
8. What did the President want to discuss with the people on board the Eagle?
9. Describe the President.
10. How does the President have domestic enemies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the plot of the novel. Could it have been improved and how or why not? What specific elements did you like or dislike, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the influence of Al Giordino and Admiral Sandecker. How do they come through for Dirk? How has Dirk come through for them? Describe their relationship with Dirk, and how it affects the development of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the setting of the sinking of the Leonid Andreyev made it ideal to not bend the reality of the situation to the breaking point. How did the setting contribute to the rescue of the survivors? How did it also provide a good backdrop for Pitt to be a hero?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)