|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the body count on the auto ferry?
2. Who is asked for on Aleksei Lugovoy's private line?
3. What prediction did the weather office make for that night?
4. Who went on the Amie Marie following the Lieutenant and the Ensign?
5. What does 'semper paratus' mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Polevoi have joined the Foreign Ministry instead of the Secret Police?
2. What do Min Koryo and Lee Tong deduce about Dirk's plot?
3. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
4. How does Pitt describe looking for a shipwreck?
5. Why would the young woman have not been watched in the vault?
6. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
7. What was Larimer's position on western Europe?
8. What was strange about the condition of the Pilottown?
9. Why can't the Russian government deduce how Min Koryo pulled off the abduction of the President?
10. What is Lee Tong's connection to Madame Bougainville?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the advanced school of thought regarding the biotechnology that is used in this book. Is it realistic technology, or purely a product of fiction? What kinds of things have come to light in the increased knowledge of bio tech that has lead you to your conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Alan Moran didn't tell the truth about where he and Larimer had been, and how they got there? How might have the public reacted to this statement? Could it have affected his place in office? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the influence of Al Giordino and Admiral Sandecker. How do they come through for Dirk? How has Dirk come through for them? Describe their relationship with Dirk, and how it affects the development of the plot.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)