|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character in the Bible is present in Tsu's dream in Chapter 11?
(b) The Samaritan.
(c) The woman at the well.
2. Why does Isobe travel out to a village in Chapter 8?
(a) To see if a little girl there might be his reincarnated wife.
(b) To inquire after a cousin who used to be a doctor in that village.
(c) To meet up with an old war buddy.
(d) To meet with a holy man.
3. How does Mr. Sanja plan to make a name for himself?
(a) By photographing forbidden rituals.
(b) By recording the thoughts and photos of some of the well-known Indian politicians.
(c) By photographing the Sikhs who are being hung for conspiracy.
(d) By photographing Gandhi's memorial sevice.
4. What does Numada buy at the pet shop?
(a) A toothless cobra.
(b) A myna bird.
(c) A mongoose.
(d) A hornbill.
5. What does Tsu try to do for Mr. Sanja in Chapter 13?
(a) Help him take pictures without being seen.
(b) Introduce him to some family members of a woman who just died.
(c) Stop a group of Hindus rushing to beat him up.
(d) Force him to leave the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the man Mitsuko accidentally steps on in Chapter 8?
2. Who is Rajini?
3. By Chapter 12, how many American tourists have arrived at the hotel with the Japanese group is staying?
4. What type of clothes does Tsu wear in Chapter 10?
5. Who does Mitsuko learn is also staying in the city where she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isobe think about the fortuneteller he visits in Chapter 9?
2. How does Mitsuko feel as she joins the Hindus in a prayer at the river?
3. What did the Catholic priests tell Tsu he should do if he believed Gandhi's quote, and what does Tsu do?
4. What does Mitsuko hear Kiguchi say in his feverish sleep?
5. What do the other tourist who return from the Ganges tell Mitsuko they saw?
6. What does Tsu say when Mitsuko asks if he believes in reincarnation?
7. What does Isobe think as he throws his empty bottle into the river in Chapter 10?
8. What do Mitsuko and Numada witness, and what are Mitsuko's feelings about the event?
9. What quote does Tsu read of Mahatma Gandhi's?
10. Why does Isobe travel out to a village near the city?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)