|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tsu think his Onion would do with the dead?
(a) Forgive them.
(b) Transmogrify them.
(c) Resurrect them.
(d) The same as Tsu.
2. Why does Tsu leave Mitsuko after a short time of visiting in Chapter 10?
(a) He is meeting his fiancé later.
(b) He has to be up early.
(c) He has nothing else to say to her.
(d) He has to go to Mass.
3. What was Tsu doing at the river in Chapter 8?
(a) Meeting with groups of foreigners.
(b) Selling prayer wheels.
(c) Carrying dead and dying people.
(d) Looking for Mitsuko.
4. What does Mitsuko read about in the paper in Chapter 13?
(a) Japan's burgeoning economy.
(b) Peace talks.
(d) A new technological era arising.
5. What quote does Tsu read in Chapter 11?
(a) One from Jesus.
(b) One from a Buddhist monk Tsu once knew.
(c) One from Mahatma Gandhi.
(d) One from Indira Gandhi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Numada have with him in the taxi in Chapter 12?
2. What does Isobe learn about the little girl he is trying to locate?
3. Why does Isobe travel out to a village in Chapter 8?
4. On what plan has Kuguchi not followed through, as described in Chapter 12?
5. What do the Catholic priests tell Tsu about believing in the quote from Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Catholic priests tell Tsu he should do if he believed Gandhi's quote, and what does Tsu do?
2. Where does Isobe go despite concerns about civil unrest?
3. Of what are the tourists concerned after the assassination in Chapter 9?
4. Why is wrong with Kiguchi in Chapter 8, and how is Mitsuko involved?
5. Why does Tsu leave Mitsuko after talking briefly with her?
6. What does Kiguchi say to Mitsuko on the bus about Americans and Japanese?
7. What does Mitsuko hear Kiguchi say in his feverish sleep?
8. Of what is Tsu capable only in his dreams?
9. What does Sanja intend to do when he comes downstairs the next morning in Chapter 13, and about what does Isobe warn him?
10. What do the other tourist who return from the Ganges tell Mitsuko they saw?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)