|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor do when he arrives in Chapter 8?
(a) Gives Kiguchi a shot and draws blood.
(b) Says Mitsuko is having a miscarriage.
(c) Says Mr. Sanja will need rabies shots.
(d) Wraps Mrs. Sanja's ankle.
2. How does Mr. Sanja respond to the begging children in Chapter 13?
(a) He screams at them.
(b) He gives them a coin apiece.
(c) He takes them to a stand and buys them a bit of food.
(d) He rejects their advances.
3. What does Mitsuko ask the nuns that she sees carting away a dying woman?
(a) Why they do the kind of work they do.
(b) If they have somewhere to take the woman.
(c) If the woman will be all right.
(d) If she can help them.
4. What does Mitsuko offer to do for Kiguchi in Chapter 8?
(a) Take pictures of the rest of the trip for him.
(b) Call his daughter.
(c) Stay with him in the hospital.
(d) Travel back to Japan with him.
5. What does Tsu try to do for Mr. Sanja in Chapter 13?
(a) Stop a group of Hindus rushing to beat him up.
(b) Introduce him to some family members of a woman who just died.
(c) Force him to leave the area.
(d) Help him take pictures without being seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character in the Bible is present in Tsu's dream in Chapter 11?
2. What position does Tsu take in his dream argument in Chapter 11?
3. What does Mitsuko read about in the paper in Chapter 13?
4. What is going on while the Japanese wait for their bus in Chapter 13?
5. What wakes Mitsuko at the opening of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what are the tourists concerned after the assassination in Chapter 9?
2. What do Mitsuko and Numada witness, and what are Mitsuko's feelings about the event?
3. Of what is Tsu capable only in his dreams?
4. What does Tsu say when Mitsuko asks if he believes in reincarnation?
5. What does Mitsuko hear Kiguchi say in his feverish sleep?
6. What does Numada do with the myna bird he bought?
7. What has Kiguchi read recently about good and evil?
8. What does Kiguchi do in remembrance of his friend and other dead soldiers?
9. What does Isobe think about the fortuneteller he visits in Chapter 9?
10. What happens when a group of Hindus see Sanja taking pictures of forbidden subjects?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)