|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in the forests the tourists traveled through when the British were still in charge in India?
(a) They were cut down for furniture for the British officers.
(b) The Indians attacked the British.
(c) Deserters hid out.
(d) The British hung Indians from the trees.
2. What kind of books does Numada write?
(d) Academic textbooks.
3. Where did Kiguchi fight during the war?
(c) New Guinea.
(d) The Philippines.
4. What did Isobe never expect concerning Keiko's death?
(a) That he would be so devastated by her death.
(b) That she would seem to welcome death.
(c) That he would be so detached from her death.
(d) That she would die so quickly after becoming ill.
5. What nickname do Tsu and Mitsuko give God when Mitsuko sees Tsu on her honeymoon?
(a) The Onion.
(b) The Blind Alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers eat as they are walking in Chapter 5?
2. What ailment does Isobe's wife have?
3. Who are the Sanja's?
4. Where are Kiguchi and Tsukada walking together during Kiguchi's flashback?
5. What does Numada learn about Isobe when Numada asks his advice about the present?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mitsuko force Tsu to drink at a party, and what happens?
2. What does the hornbill forced upon Numada by a pet-store owner come to mean to Numada?
3. For what does Isobe tell Mitsuko he is searching?
4. What does Isobe learn about his wife in Chapter 1?
5. What story does Gaston tell Tsukada when he confesses about the meat in Burma?
6. Who does Mitsuko eventually marry?
7. How does Mitsuko feel about her time in the hospital?
8. What does Tsukada confess to Kiguchi about how Tsukada managed to feed Kiguchi during the war in Burma?
9. What happens when Mitsuko tires of sleeping with Tsu?
10. What do some of the students try to get Mitsuko to do concerning Tsu in Chapter 3, and to what is that likened?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)