|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lines the route of Kiguchi and Tsukada's retreat?
(a) Starving civilians.
(b) People cheering.
(c) Dead and dying soldiers.
(d) Large palm trees.
2. What does Enami say about the fighting where Kiguchi was in the war?
(a) There was not much fighting there.
(b) It was fierce.
(c) It was sporadic.
(d) It was mild.
3. What do the Sanja's ask Numada to do in Chapter 6?
(a) Sit at their table.
(b) Help them mail a package.
(c) Show them the gardens.
(d) Take their picture.
4. Who is Ch'mund'?
(a) An old beggar woman in the temple.
(b) A fakir.
(c) A Hindu goddess.
(d) A police officer.
5. What was the occupation of the woman who was the opposite of Keiko with whom Isobe had an affair?
(c) Restaurant owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Isobe tell his wife In Chapter 1?
2. What nickname do Tsu and Mitsuko give God when Mitsuko sees Tsu on her honeymoon?
3. What is Enami's role in the group?
4. Why does Kiguchi expect to be left in the jungle?
5. What happens when some coal goes missing at Numada's home when he is a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does Isobe tell Mitsuko he is searching?
2. What does Numada say to Enami about the trees in India?
3. What is Numada's occupation, and what is he considering purchasing in Chapter 4?
4. What does Kiguchi think regarding Enami and the horrors Kiguchi exprienced in Burma?
5. What do some of the students try to get Mitsuko to do concerning Tsu in Chapter 3, and to what is that likened?
6. What does Tsukada confess to Kiguchi about how Tsukada managed to feed Kiguchi during the war in Burma?
7. What story does Gaston tell Tsukada when he confesses about the meat in Burma?
8. How does Mitsuko feel about her time in the hospital?
9. Why is Li forced to leave the employ of Numada's famly?
10. What happens to the myna bird Numada acquires, as described in Chapter 4?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)