|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sanja's ask Numada to do in Chapter 6?
(a) Help them mail a package.
(b) Show them the gardens.
(c) Take their picture.
(d) Sit at their table.
2. What do the soldiers eat as they are walking in Chapter 5?
(c) Bread and jerky.
3. What does Enami say about the fighting where Kiguchi was in the war?
(a) It was mild.
(b) There was not much fighting there.
(c) It was fierce.
(d) It was sporadic.
4. Who does Moïra seduce?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) No one.
5. What is the nationality of the tourists on the bus in Chapter 6?
(a) A mixture of European, Japanese and American.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like as Kiguchi and Tsukada walk in Chapter 5?
2. What does Kiguchi ask the tour guide about?
3. Where are Kiguchi and Enami when Chapter 5 opens?
4. What happens when some coal goes missing at Numada's home when he is a boy?
5. Who is the only person in the restaurant where Numada goes after a shower in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Gaston tell Tsukada when he confesses about the meat in Burma?
2. What does the hornbill forced upon Numada by a pet-store owner come to mean to Numada?
3. About what does Mrs. Sanja complain while riding on the bus?
4. How does Numada cope with his parents' divorce proceedings?
5. What does Keiko ask Isobe to do as she wakes briefly from a coma before she dies?
6. What does Kiguchi think regarding Enami and the horrors Kiguchi exprienced in Burma?
7. What do some of the students try to get Mitsuko to do concerning Tsu in Chapter 3, and to what is that likened?
8. How is Tsu thought of by the French priests?
9. What does Tsukada confess to Kiguchi about how Tsukada managed to feed Kiguchi during the war in Burma?
10. How does Mitsuko force Tsu to drink at a party, and what happens?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)