|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Kiguchi think about when the tourists are driven through the jungle in Chapter 6?
(a) An Indian girl he once fell in love with.
(b) The jungles near his home.
(c) His war experience in Burma.
(d) His last trip to Vietnam.
2. To whom does Isobe also lie when he leaves his wife's hospital room and goes home?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His best friend.
3. What position does Tsu take in his dream argument in Chapter 11?
(a) Against Jesus' words.
(b) In support of Jesus.
(c) Tsu refuses to argue in his dream.
(d) Against the others in the dream.
4. How does Mr. Sanja see this trip as part of his work?
(a) He is a sociology professor and is studying the local culture to publish a paper.
(b) He wants to take pictures of India.
(c) He's thinking of expanding his factories into other countries.
(d) He thinks there may be a market in India for his cars.
5. Who/what does Isobe's wife saying she has been talking to?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A ginko tree.
(c) A lizard.
(d) Her deceased mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Numada learn about Isobe when Numada asks his advice about the present?
2. What does Enami say about the fighting where Kiguchi was in the war?
3. What does Isobe learn about the little girl he is trying to locate?
4. In Chapter 9, when does Enami say he will see the group that stayed back in the city?
5. What does Mitsuko ask the nuns that she sees carting away a dying woman?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)