|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds the Vishvan'tha temple?
(a) A high hedge.
(b) A wrought-iron fence.
(c) Small shops.
(d) A canal.
2. What wakes Mitsuko at the opening of Chapter 8?
(a) A knock on her door.
(b) The phone rings.
(c) A horn honking outside in the street.
(d) A loud crash outside in the street.
3. What does Kiguchi remember concerning his time as a soldier?
(a) It was not as horrific as some of his more recent life.
(b) A female nurse from the enemy side.
(c) His trials as a soldier.
(d) The belief that he was doing the right thing.
4. What is Mitsuko's reply to being asked about her religion?
(a) That she is Shinto.
(b) That she is Buddhist.
(c) That she is Christian.
(d) That she has no religion.
5. What does Isobe observe a group of Indians do in Chapter 10?
(a) Offer doves at the temple.
(b) Beat a Sikh.
(c) Roll over a bus.
(d) Smash the plate glass of a store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tsu wear the type of clothing he does in Chapter 10?
2. About what does Kiguchi think about when the tourists are driven through the jungle in Chapter 6?
3. When does Mitsuko awaken from a nap in Chapter 8?
4. What does Keiko dream that Isobe does?
5. Who is Moïra?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)