|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do ill pilgrims have done to their bodies when they die?
(a) Buried in the forest above the waterfall.
(b) Cremation and their ashes are scattered on the Ganges.
(c) Cremation and scattering ashes on the mountaintop.
(d) Their ashes sent back to their families.
2. Who does Numada's mother hire to help her?
(a) No one; they can't afford help.
(b) A Chinese boy named Li.
(c) A Chinese girl named Lin Sing.
(d) A Mongolian girl name Tse.
3. What does Isobe observe a group of Indians do in Chapter 10?
(a) Offer doves at the temple.
(b) Roll over a bus.
(c) Beat a Sikh.
(d) Smash the plate glass of a store.
4. Where does Mr. Sanja plan to go to take some pictures in Chapter 13?
(a) Where a protest is being held by Hindus.
(b) To the Ganges.
(c) Where a protest is being held by Sikhs.
(d) The zoo.
5. What does Numada learn about Isobe when Numada asks his advice about the present?
(a) Isobe's wife is dead.
(b) Isobe was born in Siberia.
(c) Isobe hates Paris.
(d) Isobe has four daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Isobe certain about the fortuneteller?
2. Why is Enami going for a doctor in Chapter 8?
3. What is the cause of Isobe's daughter leaving home?
4. About what does Kiguchi think Enami cannot know?
5. What does Tsukada confess to Kiguchi about the meat Tsukada brought him?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)