|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Blackie?
(a) Numada's sister's cat.
(b) Numada's puppy he had as a boy.
(c) Isobe's wife's cat.
(d) Numada's dog that he has now as an adult.
2. What does Keiko experience a few days before her death?
(a) A revelation about her daughter.
(b) An out-of-body experience.
(c) A deep sadness.
(d) A sense of certainty that Isobe will be all right.
3. What lie does Isobe tell his wife In Chapter 1?
(a) The she will walk again.
(b) That she will recover after several months in the hospital.
(c) That her daughter is coming to visit.
(d) That he gave the dog to a good friend.
4. How does Tsu respond to the priests' words, as described in Chapter 11?
(a) He prays for enlightenment.
(b) He decides he cannot leave the church.
(c) He starts studying the passage from which the quote came.
(d) He decides to leave the church.
5. What do the soldiers eat as they are walking in Chapter 5?
(c) Bread and jerky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Kultur Heim?
2. How long after death do Buddhists believe a soul is reborn?
3. What does Numada learn about Isobe when Numada asks his advice about the present?
4. What does the snake charmer have in his performance?
5. Where are Kiguchi and Enami when Chapter 5 opens?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)