|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Tsu described in Chapter 3?
(a) Awkward and religious.
(c) Athletic and strong.
(d) Vivacious and talkative.
2. What is said about the area where Numada is raised?
(a) It is where many of the Russian elite live.
(b) It is a lower-class area.
(c) It has mild winter temperatures.
(d) It is a Christian area in a predominantly Hindu country.
3. What does Numada learn about Isobe when Numada asks his advice about the present?
(a) Isobe was born in Siberia.
(b) Isobe has four daughters.
(c) Isobe hates Paris.
(d) Isobe's wife is dead.
4. Who are the Sanja's?
(a) Two elderly sisters on the tour.
(b) Two brothers on the tour.
(c) A couple on their honeymoon.
(d) An elderly woman and her son.
5. Where did Numada grow up as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yano's occupation?
2. What does Naruse Mitsuko think about after Isobe leaves the informational meeting?
3. To whom does Isobe also lie when he leaves his wife's hospital room and goes home?
4. What instrument does Tsu play?
5. Who comforts Numada when his parents are going through the process of a divorce?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)