|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims to have been Japanese in a previous life?
(a) One of the street artists.
(b) A young girl from Virginia.
(d) A monk in a local temple.
2. In Chapter 9, when does Enami say he will see the group that stayed back in the city?
(a) The next day.
(b) He will be unable to return, but is sending someone else.
(c) It will be at least four days.
(d) In three days.
3. What part did the Sikhs on Gandhi's security detail have in the events of the day in Chapter 9?
(a) They are the ones who kill her.
(b) They guarded all the polls.
(c) One of them brought the illness back from a trip to Africa.
(d) They started the discontent that led to the impeachment.
4. What does Enami become irritated about concerning the Sanja's in Chapter 6?
(a) They keep asking the bus to stop for pictures.
(b) Their condescending attitude towards India and Hinduism.
(c) They tip poorly every time they have a meal.
(d) They refuse to buy anything from the local merchants.
5. To whom does Isobe also lie when he leaves his wife's hospital room and goes home?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His son.
(d) His best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitsuko ask Tsu in Chapter 10 if he believes in?
2. What lie does Isobe tell his wife In Chapter 1?
3. When does Mitsuko awaken from a nap in Chapter 8?
4. What does Keiko urge Isobe to do as she comes out of a coma for a minute?
5. What does Mitsuko promise to do while Enami goes for the doctor?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)