|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of the woman who was the opposite of Keiko with whom Isobe had an affair?
(b) Restaurant owner.
2. Where does Tsu think his Onion resides?
(a) Only in a Christian religion.
(b) In Christianity, Hinduism and Buddism.
(c) Only in the Catholic sacraments.
(d) Among all peoples.
3. What quote does Tsu read in Chapter 11?
(a) One from Mahatma Gandhi.
(b) One from Indira Gandhi.
(c) One from Jesus.
(d) One from a Buddhist monk Tsu once knew.
4. What does Numada learn about Isobe when Numada asks his advice about the present?
(a) Isobe hates Paris.
(b) Isobe was born in Siberia.
(c) Isobe's wife is dead.
(d) Isobe has four daughters.
5. What was Tsu doing at the river in Chapter 8?
(a) Looking for Mitsuko.
(b) Selling prayer wheels.
(c) Carrying dead and dying people.
(d) Meeting with groups of foreigners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Blackie?
2. Why does Tsu drink until he throws up?
3. Why does Tsu wear the type of clothing he does in Chapter 10?
4. Where are Kiguchi and Enami when Chapter 5 opens?
5. What does Mitsuko promise to do while Enami goes for the doctor?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)