|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays with Kiguchi in the jungle?
(a) Just Tsukada.
(b) A squad of bomb experts.
(c) Three of his still-living squad members.
(d) No one.
2. What does Tsu feel about the quote he reads in Chapter 11?
(a) That it is absolutely true.
(b) It is true only if the water is flowing.
(c) That the poor are condemned by that quote.
(d) It is inaccurate.
3. What is Kiguchi and Tsukada's physical condition in the flashback as they are walking?
(a) Strong and robust.
(b) Weak but not failing.
(d) Malnourished and starving.
4. What is Isobe doing when Mitsuko and Numada return to the hotel in Chapter 9?
(a) Talking to a waitress.
(b) Playing cards.
(d) Getting drunk.
5. What does Tsu write in his letters to Mitsuko that she reads when awakened in the middle of the night?
(a) His loss of faith.
(b) His belief in God.
(c) His hope that he will someday know who he is.
(d) His desire for her to come to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Enami going for a doctor in Chapter 8?
2. What is the weather like as Kiguchi and Tsukada walk in Chapter 5?
3. For how long has Tsu believed the general idea of the quote he reads in Chapter 11?
4. What is Mr. Sanja's line of work?
5. What does Enami say about the fighting where Kiguchi was in the war?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)