|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ch'mund'?
(a) An old beggar woman in the temple.
(b) A fakir.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A Hindu goddess.
2. What does Tsu write in his letters to Mitsuko that she reads when awakened in the middle of the night?
(a) His loss of faith.
(b) His desire for her to come to him.
(c) His hope that he will someday know who he is.
(d) His belief in God.
3. What does the doctor do when he arrives in Chapter 8?
(a) Says Mitsuko is having a miscarriage.
(b) Says Mr. Sanja will need rabies shots.
(c) Gives Kiguchi a shot and draws blood.
(d) Wraps Mrs. Sanja's ankle.
4. Why does Kiguchi expect to be left in the jungle?
(a) He is supposed to set mines for the pursuing enemy.
(b) He is too ill to continue walking.
(c) He is supposed to be a rear guard.
(d) He has angered their captors.
5. What did Isobe never expect concerning Keiko's death?
(a) That she would seem to welcome death.
(b) That he would be so detached from her death.
(c) That he would be so devastated by her death.
(d) That she would die so quickly after becoming ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tsukada confess to Kiguchi about the meat Tsukada brought him?
2. What does Enami become irritated about concerning the Sanja's in Chapter 6?
3. What instrument does Tsu play?
4. What is Enami's role in the group?
5. What is the nationality of the tourists on the bus in Chapter 6?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)