|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when some coal goes missing at Numada's home when he is a boy?
(a) His father suspects a neighbor and accuses the man.
(b) There's nothing that can be done.
(c) The family believes it is Numada's father's cousin and stop inviting him over.
(d) They fire Li.
2. Who stays with Kiguchi in the jungle?
(a) No one.
(b) A squad of bomb experts.
(c) Just Tsukada.
(d) Three of his still-living squad members.
3. Who is Moïra?
(a) Mitsuko's best friend.
(b) A literary character.
(c) Tsu's sister.
(d) Tsu's favorite teacher.
4. To whom does Isobe also lie when he leaves his wife's hospital room and goes home?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His son.
5. What ailment does Isobe's wife have?
(a) Bad arthritis.
(b) Broken pelvis.
(d) Bad heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hospital delay doing in hopes of giving Keiko a longer life?
2. What does Naruse Mitsuko think about after Isobe leaves the informational meeting?
3. What does Tsu say when Mitsuko questions him about his religious beliefs?
4. What kind of books does Numada write?
5. What lines the route of Kiguchi and Tsukada's retreat?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)