|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kiguchi remember concerning his time as a soldier?
(a) His trials as a soldier.
(b) A female nurse from the enemy side.
(c) It was not as horrific as some of his more recent life.
(d) The belief that he was doing the right thing.
2. How is Tsu described in Chapter 3?
(b) Athletic and strong.
(c) Vivacious and talkative.
(d) Awkward and religious.
3. What happens when some coal goes missing at Numada's home when he is a boy?
(a) There's nothing that can be done.
(b) The family believes it is Numada's father's cousin and stop inviting him over.
(c) They fire Li.
(d) His father suspects a neighbor and accuses the man.
4. Who is the only person in the restaurant where Numada goes after a shower in Chapter 6?
(b) The waiter.
(d) Mr. Sanja.
5. What happens to young children who die in the town where the tourists are in Chapter 7?
(a) They are buried in caskets under the Ganges.
(b) They are buried under a huge baobab tree.
(c) They are set afloat in reed boats on the river.
(d) They are cremated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Enami's role in the group?
2. What pet does Numada get as an adult that his wife does not like?
3. About what does Kiguchi think Enami cannot know?
4. Who is Ch'mund'?
5. What does Numada do with his puppy when told to get rid of it?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)