|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Isobe view his wife when she was alive?
(a) As a helpmate and supporter.
(b) As a sensual woman.
(c) As an object.
(d) As an intellectual.
2. What is said about the area where Numada is raised?
(a) It is a lower-class area.
(b) It is a Christian area in a predominantly Hindu country.
(c) It has mild winter temperatures.
(d) It is where many of the Russian elite live.
3. Who comforts Numada when his parents are going through the process of a divorce?
(a) His favorite teacher at school.
(b) His older sister.
(c) His best friend whose parents are already divorced.
(d) His dog.
4. Who is Blackie?
(a) Isobe's wife's cat.
(b) Numada's sister's cat.
(c) Numada's dog that he has now as an adult.
(d) Numada's puppy he had as a boy.
5. What does Isobe notice about the girls he questions in the search for his wife?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They are all poor and beg.
(c) They will tell him what he wants to hear for money.
(d) They deny that being his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enami wonder about concerning Mitsuko in Chapter 7?
2. What does Isobe wonder about as he sits in his hotel room in Chapter 7?
3. How many affairs did Isobe have during his marriage?
4. What did Isobe never expect concerning Keiko's death?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Isobe realize he believes?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)