|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Isobe view his wife when she was alive?
(a) As a helpmate and supporter.
(b) As an intellectual.
(c) As a sensual woman.
(d) As an object.
2. What pet does Numada get as an adult that his wife does not like?
(a) A cat.
(b) A hornbill.
(c) A pot-bellied pig.
(d) A ferret.
3. What does Isobe notice about the girls he questions in the search for his wife?
(a) They will tell him what he wants to hear for money.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They are all poor and beg.
(d) They deny that being his wife.
4. In spite of what did Onion love his disciples?
(a) Their tendency to wander from him when he needed them the most.
(b) Their tendency to think too highly of themselves.
(c) Their tendency to be non-compassionate to others.
(d) Their betrayal and denial.
5. What did Isobe never expect concerning Keiko's death?
(a) That she would seem to welcome death.
(b) That he would be so devastated by her death.
(c) That he would be so detached from her death.
(d) That she would die so quickly after becoming ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many affairs did Isobe have during his marriage?
2. What does Ch'mund' do despite being sick and emaciated?
3. Who are the Sanja's?
4. What happened in the forests the tourists traveled through when the British were still in charge in India?
5. What does Enami wonder about concerning Mitsuko in Chapter 7?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)