|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many affairs did Isobe have during his marriage?
(a) Two or three.
(c) Four or five.
2. What pet does Numada get as an adult that his wife does not like?
(a) A ferret.
(b) A pot-bellied pig.
(c) A cat.
(d) A hornbill.
3. In spite of what did Onion love his disciples?
(a) Their tendency to be non-compassionate to others.
(b) Their tendency to wander from him when he needed them the most.
(c) Their betrayal and denial.
(d) Their tendency to think too highly of themselves.
4. Who is Ch'mund'?
(a) A Hindu goddess.
(b) A police officer.
(c) An old beggar woman in the temple.
(d) A fakir.
5. What does Isobe wonder about as he sits in his hotel room in Chapter 7?
(a) If there is truth in reincarnation.
(b) If he loved his wife.
(c) If he wants to return home.
(d) If he has a soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to young children who die in the town where the tourists are in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Tsu leave Mitsuko after a short time of visiting in Chapter 10?
3. Where did Numada grow up as a child?
4. Who does Numada's mother hire to help her?
5. Where does Tsu think his Onion resides?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)