Chapters 1 & 2
1. What ailment does Isobe's wife have?
(a) Bad arthritis.
(c) Bad heart.
(d) Broken pelvis.
2. What lie does Isobe tell his wife In Chapter 1?
(a) The she will walk again.
(b) That she will recover after several months in the hospital.
(c) That her daughter is coming to visit.
(d) That he gave the dog to a good friend.
3. Who/what does Isobe's wife saying she has been talking to?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A ginko tree.
(d) Her deceased mother.
4. To whom does Isobe also lie when he leaves his wife's hospital room and goes home?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His son.
(d) The neighbor.
5. What is the cause of Isobe's daughter leaving home?
(a) She does not like her maternal grandmother.
(b) She goes to school in another country.
(c) She marries.
(d) Isobe's unresponsiveness.
6. What does the hospital delay doing in hopes of giving Keiko a longer life?
(c) Giving her morphine.
(d) Starting an experimental drug program.
This section contains 5,267 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)