|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 43 Helder learns he is expected to pilot what type of craft into Stockholm?
2. The Director is set to speak to which of the following?
3. Upon landing, Lee notices a familiar face. Who is the man recognized by Lee?
4. Who is not one of the people in the group in Denmark?
5. Helder finally realizes that he has been responsible for planting a _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Rule contacts Rawls before leaving for Stockholm. What does Rule tell Rawls? What is Rawls' reaction?
2. What is Appicella's opinion of Malibu?
3. What is Majorov's reaction when he learns Appicella has escaped?
4. Who does Rule go to when she needs to discuss her plans regarding Majorov? What is the man's reaction?
5. What is Kate Rule's reaction to the request? What does Simon Rule say in response?
6. Explain what happens after Lee leaves the island.
7. How do the Swedish troops react to the attack? What are Helder's orders?
8. How does Appicella benefit from Lee's arrival on the island?
9. What do Rule and Lee do after the foiled attack? What happens next?
10. What tips Rule off about the assassination attempt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Rule and Lee. How did the couple meet? When did they meet? What was the first impression garnered by each? Were the first impressions correct? Is the Majorov investigation the first mission the couple worked together? What did it entail? What was the outcome? As time went on did the personal and professional relationship improve or disintegrate? Explain. Also explain why Rule is eager to keep her relationship with Lee a secret, at least from Simon. What might happen if people knew about the relationship? Would it affect the careers of Rule and/or Lee? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write your own international/political story based on "Deep Lie." Use Katharine Rule as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, and synopsis. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
Examine in detail Code FOX and other operations involving Helder and Majorov. In what locations is the operation in effect? Who is in charge of the entire operation? What part does Helder play in the operations? What is Sokolov's part in the mission? Is either character ever suspicious of the purpose and scope of the operation? Are the characters aware of the high level of danger they face in the delivering the buoy to the specified spot? What is the outcome for each character and the operation as a whole? Was the mission completed as planned? Explain.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)