|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlsson offers to take the visitor to which location?
2. What color is the boat that comes to Lee's aid?
3. Helder orders his crew to do what instead?
4. Helder is surprised when Lee calls him by his real name, _____.
5. How many examples were given to express the objector's point of view?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lee, Rule and Appicella split up once they are in Copenhagen. Explain what each person does while in the city.
2. What unusual thing does Helder notice aboard the sub? What is Helder's conclusion?
3. What is Majorov's reaction when he learns Appicella has escaped?
4. What does Carlsson do that sends up a red flag for Kate?
5. How does Appicella benefit from Lee's arrival on the island?
6. Who does Rule go to when she needs to discuss her plans regarding Majorov? What is the man's reaction?
7. How do the Swedish troops react to the attack? What are Helder's orders?
8. What do Rule and Lee do after the foiled attack? What happens next?
9. What happens to Helder after he is removed from the sub? How is Helder's identity revealed?
10. What information does Rule threaten to use if Nixon and Simon Rule do not resign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Closely examine the various types of weapons used and mentioned throughout the story. What types of weapons were most commonly used? Which were the most popular for Majorov's people? Which weapons were found to be ineffectual? Which weapons might still be used today in a similar operation? How do the weapons used in the military compare to those used by individuals? Where do you think Majorov procured the weapons? What do you think happened to the weapons at the end of the failed operation?
Essay Topic 2
Examine in detail Code FOX and other operations involving Helder and Majorov. In what locations is the operation in effect? Who is in charge of the entire operation? What part does Helder play in the operations? What is Sokolov's part in the mission? Is either character ever suspicious of the purpose and scope of the operation? Are the characters aware of the high level of danger they face in the delivering the buoy to the specified spot? What is the outcome for each character and the operation as a whole? Was the mission completed as planned? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Will Lee is an assistant to Senator Carr. What does it mean to be an assistant to a Senator? Does Lee serve as a personal assistant, administrative assistant or something else? What are Lee's duties? What is Lee's relationship to Carr? How does Lee's job relate to activities at the CIA? What is Lee's education, experience, and history? Do you think Lee is qualified to help Rule on the investigation? Why or why not? Explain.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)