|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization has been infiltrated by a spy?
2. Who does Rule inform of her trip overseas?
3. Where is Majorov while the action is taking place?
4. Who attempts to attack Lee and Rule?
5. The Director is set to speak to which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tips Rule off about the assassination attempt?
2. Rule contacts Rawls before leaving for Stockholm. What does Rule tell Rawls? What is Rawls' reaction?
3. Explain Simon Rule's conversation with the Senate Intelligence Committee.
4. How do the Swedish troops react to the attack? What are Helder's orders?
5. What misfortune befalls Lee as he is sailing on the ocean?
6. What is Majorov's reaction when he learns Appicella has escaped?
7. Explain what happens after Lee leaves the island.
8. Majorov receives what he believes to be good news. What is Majorov's reaction?
9. What unusual thing does Helder notice aboard the sub? What is Helder's conclusion?
10. How does Helder react to the new orders given by Majorov?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Helder and Trina Ragulin. How does the couple meet? What is Trina's role at the sports complex/training facility? What is Helder's first reaction to Trina? Was Helder merely an assignment for Trina or something more? Explain how the couple becomes involved. What plans are made for the future? Do you think a relationship like Helder and Trina's could ever work? Explain. Explain how the relationship may have affected Helder's work and relationship with Majorov. Also examine Trina's relationship with Majorov. What happens to Helder and Trina in the end?
Essay Topic 2
The main issue in the story is the surprise attack on the Swedes by Majorov's people. Discuss this long time issue. Why is Majorov's organization so angry with the Swedes? What issue is the biggest between the Russians and the Swedes? How does the government of each country combat this type of attack? What spurred the plan in the first place? What was the first action taken by Majorov's people? When did it occur? How does knowledge of that particular incident help Helder to understand Majorov's real plans?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lee happen to meet Swenson/Helder? Was it by accident or was it planned? Where did the meeting take place? What was Woods' purpose in creating the meeting between the two men? What error does Helder make during that meeting? What is Lee's reaction to Helder's real identity? What do you think happened to Helder? Would Rule, Lee, or any part of the US government have any jurisdiction or input regarding Helder's arrest? Explain.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)