|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the boat that comes to Lee's aid?
2. Where is Helder grazed by the bullet?
3. What is the name of the mission formerly headed by Simon?
4. Helder realizes the man has been placed there by _____.
5. Who goes to the embassy to meet with Carlsson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rawls do with the information from Rule? How will Rawls' actions affect Rule?
2. What is Appicella's opinion of Malibu?
3. Lee recognizes two of the men on shore. Who are the men and how does Lee know their identities?
4. Who does Rule call for help regarding the potential Swedish invasion? What happens next?
5. Who does Rule go to when she needs to discuss her plans regarding Majorov? What is the man's reaction?
6. What misfortune befalls Lee as he is sailing on the ocean?
7. Discuss what happens when Lee realizes he has drifted into Soviet waters.
8. Explain Simon Rule's conversation with the Senate Intelligence Committee.
9. How does Appicella benefit from Lee's arrival on the island?
10. What tips Rule off about the assassination attempt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On more than one occasion Simon Rule is critical toward Kate. Why? Do you think Simon has a legitimate reason to reprimand Kate? Do you think Kate is out of line with her requests and actions? Do you think the tension between the two is purely work related or do you think that their custody battle over Peter interferes with the work? If their personal lives interfere, how might the issue(s) be resolved? How does the tension affect others in the office?
Essay Topic 2
Write a bio on Katharine Rule. As the protagonist Rule is an essential character in the book. Explain Rule's career, what part she plays in the story and why her presence is valuable. Also examine Kate's relationships with Simon, Lee, Peter, Rawls, and Nixon.
Essay Topic 3
Examine in detail Code FOX and other operations involving Helder and Majorov. In what locations is the operation in effect? Who is in charge of the entire operation? What part does Helder play in the operations? What is Sokolov's part in the mission? Is either character ever suspicious of the purpose and scope of the operation? Are the characters aware of the high level of danger they face in the delivering the buoy to the specified spot? What is the outcome for each character and the operation as a whole? Was the mission completed as planned? Explain.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)