|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rule when she makes the call to Rawls' man?
2. Where is Helder taken after he arrives at the port?
3. Where does Helder go after leaving his hiding place?
4. Who does Helder accidentally meet while eating dinner?
5. Who is Nixon's boss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Oskarsson's condition when he is released from the hospital. What happens next?
2. What does Helder find when he returns to his house at Malibu?
3. What agreement does Rule make with Appicella?
4. Helder and Sokolov begin their first test mission. What are Helder's objections to Sokolov's presence?
5. Discuss what Rule learns from Malakhov regarding Majorov.
6. What is Rule's plan to stop the surveillance on her by the unknown source?
7. What is the reaction of Simon Rule when he hears about Kate Rule's investigation?
8. What is Helder's opinion of the camp? What odd order is given to Helder?
9. What is Rule's task at this time? Who is recruited to help Rule and why?
10. Discuss the conversation between Helder and Trina shortly before the mission.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a bio on Katharine Rule. As the protagonist Rule is an essential character in the book. Explain Rule's career, what part she plays in the story and why her presence is valuable. Also examine Kate's relationships with Simon, Lee, Peter, Rawls, and Nixon.
Essay Topic 2
Majorov is well known for maintaining several identities. Which is Majorov's true identity? What is the purpose of having more than one identity? What aliases are used by Majorov? Why does Appicella know Majorov as Firsov? How does Malakhov know about Majorov's multiple identities? How does the information help Kate? How does Lee know that Kramer is Majorov? What is it important for Appicella and others to call Majorov by that name at the training camp while he may use another name elsewhere? Do you think Majorov is the man's real name? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Examine in detail Code FOX and other operations involving Helder and Majorov. In what locations is the operation in effect? Who is in charge of the entire operation? What part does Helder play in the operations? What is Sokolov's part in the mission? Is either character ever suspicious of the purpose and scope of the operation? Are the characters aware of the high level of danger they face in the delivering the buoy to the specified spot? What is the outcome for each character and the operation as a whole? Was the mission completed as planned? Explain.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)