|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helder is then sent to the _______ so that he can begin training for a secret mission.
2. What type of vehicle is being driven by the two men?
3. What happens to Sokolov?
4. The man recommended by Rawls thinks Kate's stalker is:
5. What item is Rule looking for in her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Katharine Rule? What is her occupation? How is she related to another member of the agency?
2. What creates further suspicion in Helder?
3. Discuss the conversation between Helder and Trina shortly before the mission.
4. Helder and Sokolov begin their first test mission. What are Helder's objections to Sokolov's presence?
5. What does Majorov tell Helder about his plan to attack Sweden?
6. What is Rule's task at this time? Who is recruited to help Rule and why?
7. Explain Rule's search for a sports car.
8. What is Helder's immediate reaction to the situation? What are Helder's expectations?
9. What causes things to go awry in the sub?
10. What details of the secret mission are finally revealed to Helder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Helder and Trina Ragulin. How does the couple meet? What is Trina's role at the sports complex/training facility? What is Helder's first reaction to Trina? Was Helder merely an assignment for Trina or something more? Explain how the couple becomes involved. What plans are made for the future? Do you think a relationship like Helder and Trina's could ever work? Explain. Explain how the relationship may have affected Helder's work and relationship with Majorov. Also examine Trina's relationship with Majorov. What happens to Helder and Trina in the end?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Rule and Lee. How did the couple meet? When did they meet? What was the first impression garnered by each? Were the first impressions correct? Is the Majorov investigation the first mission the couple worked together? What did it entail? What was the outcome? As time went on did the personal and professional relationship improve or disintegrate? Explain. Also explain why Rule is eager to keep her relationship with Lee a secret, at least from Simon. What might happen if people knew about the relationship? Would it affect the careers of Rule and/or Lee? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tension between Kate Rule and Alan Nixon. Why is the pair at odds? Which do you feel is right? Which person acted inappropriately regarding the intelligence on Majorov? Compare and contract Rule and Nixon, including their careers and beliefs regarding interagency issues.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)