|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rule instructed to meet Rawls?
(a) Gas station.
(b) City park.
(c) Abandoned warehouse.
(d) Shopping mall.
2. What piece of equipment hits and kills the son?
3. Which military rank is held by Jan Helder?
(b) Second Lieutenant.
4. What is the surname of the fisherman in the beginning of the book?
5. What item is Rule looking for in her house?
(c) Cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The weapons demonstrated to the men are designed to cause an excessive amount of ______.
2. Which of the following is one of the originating ports of the seafaring vessel?
3. Majorov believes Sokolov will not be able to do which of the following?
4. What item is causing the biggest part of the problem?
5. What item has the man brought to show Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Helder find when he returns to his house at Malibu?
2. Who is Katharine Rule? What is her occupation? How is she related to another member of the agency?
3. What does Lee learn when he calls to confirm his meeting with Rule?
4. What is Helder's immediate reaction to the situation? What are Helder's expectations?
5. What causes things to go awry in the sub?
6. Explain Rule's search for a sports car.
7. Explain Helder's first experience in the submarine with Valerie Sokolov.
8. Explain Oskarsson's condition when he is released from the hospital. What happens next?
9. What if the pair is captured? What are Helder's special orders regarding Sokolov?
10. What disagreement do Helder and Sokolov have over the weight of the buoy?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)