|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What target does Nafe choose in retaliation for Okinawa?
2. What advantage does the Perseus have over the Nautilus?
3. Who does David ride behind?
4. How much living space is in Neptune base?
5. What does George reveal occurred three days earlier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the next feat of spectacular manipulation of events by Lawrence Nafe?
2. What does Spangler threaten when Jack won't easily surrender himself?
3. What is Jack's plan to rescue Karen?
4. What does the government want David to do about the crystal obelisk?
5. What difference does Jack leaving for Okinawa have on David's plans and why?
6. What does Jack do to keep David busy until the explosives on deck go off?
7. How do Miyuki, Karen, Jack and Mwahu manage to elude David and his soldiers?
8. What does China do, what impact does it have on Nafe and why?
9. What does Jack's team collectively discover about the crystal?
10. What happens when the Perseus takes a sample of the crystal obelisk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Jack's trip to Okinawa change his life? In what way could it be said that Jack's life began again after a lengthy hiatus? Why had Jack been living in such an emotional vacuum? What is it about Karen that ultimately changes that for Jack? What draws her to him, and him to her? How does Gabriel play a large part in the matchmaking process although in an obscure way?
Essay Topic 2
Karen takes a crystal from the Dragons of Okinawa. How might the outcome have changed had she not grabbed this piece on the way through the tunnel? What is so important about the crystal's properties? How would this have ultimately changed the entire sequence of events? Why is this such an integral part of this story? How does it connect her to Jack and the other crystal?
Essay Topic 3
How does Spangler's Omega team compare to reality? Are such teams in existence in the world today? Would they be likely to be as corruptible as Spangler's Omega team appears to be? Where is the line between following orders and acting in a manner that would be considered illegal? In your opinion, do black operations exist that have blanket immunity as far as their behavior and actions go?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)