|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karen explain her long absence to Rolfe?
2. How many pages of glyphs does Jack give to Karen and Miyuki from the obelisk?
3. What does David decide to do about the Fathom?
4. What does it mean when the Director tells David he has 'black priority'?
5. Where does Ruzickov want Karen to be taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack do to keep David busy until the explosives on deck go off?
2. Of what does Karen convince Jack on the flight to Pohnpei?
3. What does the government want David to do about the crystal obelisk?
4. How does Karen help Jack after his melee with David depletes his power resources and leaves him dead in the water a short distance from Neptune?
5. What is it about the circuitry David gives Jack that upsets him?
6. What does Spangler threaten when Jack won't easily surrender himself?
7. What mistake does David makes that costs him his life?
8. Listening to the radio chatter, what does David realize and with what does he still have to bargain?
9. How does Jack fool David and his men twice, giving the others an opportunity to get away?
10. What happens when the Perseus takes a sample of the crystal obelisk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Jack survive the underwater battle with David despite the lack of weaponry on the Nautilus? What is Jack's advantage? How does he manage to elude David and eventually trap him? What unexpected help does Jack get from another adversary? What is the outcome for David? David has one last ace up his sleeve. What is his parting gift to Jack and the others?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jack's trip to Okinawa change his life? In what way could it be said that Jack's life began again after a lengthy hiatus? Why had Jack been living in such an emotional vacuum? What is it about Karen that ultimately changes that for Jack? What draws her to him, and him to her? How does Gabriel play a large part in the matchmaking process although in an obscure way?
Essay Topic 3
What is the likelihood that more lost civilizations exist under the ocean? Is it possible that entire cultures still remain hidden by depths as yet unmapped by modern technology, or have we uncovered all that there is? In your opinion, does or did Atlantis exist? If so, what happened to it? Where might it be found? If not, why not? How can the many different versions of this lost city exist if it never did?
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)