|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Karen and Miyuki come out?
2. What does Karen notice about one of the men who ambushed them?
3. What do Lisa and Houston insist?
4. How long ago had David handpicked his team?
5. What does Nicolas tell Nafe about the quakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is martial law in effect in Naha City, Japan?
2. What makes Karen think that Rongorongo is the language being used in the hieroglyphics?
3. What is Gabriel and why does he make Karen nervous?
4. What does Gabriel show Karen and Miyuki that overshadows even the partial decryption?
5. What is so important that it is worth risking arrest for Karen and Miyuki?
6. Why are Lisa and Charlie so concerned about Jack?
7. What is unique about the symbols found in the tunnel by Karen and Miyuki?
8. What does George discover about the area where Air Force One went down?
9. What announcement does Mark Houston make on the USS Gibraltar and how does that affect Jack and the crew of the Fathom?
10. What discovery does Miyuki make that is impossible to explain although she can reproduce it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Karen takes a crystal from the Dragons of Okinawa. How might the outcome have changed had she not grabbed this piece on the way through the tunnel? What is so important about the crystal's properties? How would this have ultimately changed the entire sequence of events? Why is this such an integral part of this story? How does it connect her to Jack and the other crystal?
Essay Topic 2
How does Spangler's Omega team compare to reality? Are such teams in existence in the world today? Would they be likely to be as corruptible as Spangler's Omega team appears to be? Where is the line between following orders and acting in a manner that would be considered illegal? In your opinion, do black operations exist that have blanket immunity as far as their behavior and actions go?
Essay Topic 3
Gabriel describes himself as the ghost in the machine. What does this reference mean? What exactly is Gabriel and what is his purpose? Are there other forms of self educating synthetic intelligences in existence today? If your answer is no, can you see the existence of such an artificial intelligence in your lifetime? What are the possible risks to creating a self educating awareness with global connections? How can these risks be overcome?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)