|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing David does when given the reins?
2. From where is Admiral Houston due to arrive?
3. What is being shipped to David's location from Hawaii?
4. What does Karen carry for protection?
5. What does Director Ruzickov give David the green light to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Jack managed to put together the funds for Deep Fathom and what has he done with it?
2. What celebration rapidly becomes a nightmare?
3. Why is martial law in effect in Naha City, Japan?
4. Why does David Spangler blame Jack for his sister's death?
5. What makes Karen think that Rongorongo is the language being used in the hieroglyphics?
6. What does George discover about the area where Air Force One went down?
7. What does Gabriel show Karen and Miyuki that overshadows even the partial decryption?
8. What is so important that it is worth risking arrest for Karen and Miyuki?
9. About what does Lisa question Jack and why is it significant?
10. What do the men who accosted Karen and Miyuki at the pyramid site do and what do they say when they are caught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are Jack and Deep Fathom reunited? What is so critical about the timing of his crew's arrival? What might the outcome have been had they not been exactly where they were at the time? What alerts David to the fact that the Deep Fathom has survived his attempts to blow her out of the water? What is the only ace David has left to play at this point? What deal does he make with Jack?
Essay Topic 2
In times of severe crisis, people can be divided into two main categories. What are they? What behaviors can be attributed to each group? Compare and contrast the two groups, citing similarities if any exist and obvious differences. How do these two groups deal with the emotional trauma associated with disaster? Is the representation of their behavior in this book consistent with reality? Should such an event occur today, would the two groups be as obvious and as quick in their responses? As a reporter, how would you document this crisis?
Essay Topic 3
What is Spartacus? How does Jack's team know about Spartacus and its capabilities? How do they come into play now, and for what does Charlie want to use them? How is Spartacus both Jack's downfall in the past and savior in the present? What technology does Spartacus have that is actually based in modern science? How likely is this kind of technology?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)