|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bodies has Jack managed to recover in three days?
2. What does Karen notice about one of the men who ambushed them?
3. What does Director Ruzickov give David the green light to do?
4. How many main glyphs does Gabriel find in total to the rongorongo language?
5. How long does his clock register has passed in that time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David so angry about Weintraub and his team's actions?
2. What does Jack's DVD of the obelisk show, and why is it important?
3. About what does Lisa question Jack and why is it significant?
4. Why is martial law in effect in Naha City, Japan?
5. Why is Jack Kirkland called by his former Commander, Mark Houston?
6. About what does Robert call to warn Jack and what happens?
7. How does Karen find the hidden tunnel?
8. What is so important that it is worth risking arrest for Karen and Miyuki?
9. What does Gabriel show Karen and Miyuki that overshadows even the partial decryption?
10. Why does Karen refuse to return to the University after having seen the pyramids?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gabriel describes himself as the ghost in the machine. What does this reference mean? What exactly is Gabriel and what is his purpose? Are there other forms of self educating synthetic intelligences in existence today? If your answer is no, can you see the existence of such an artificial intelligence in your lifetime? What are the possible risks to creating a self educating awareness with global connections? How can these risks be overcome?
Essay Topic 2
Why is David so determined to get Karen? What does she have that David wants so badly and why? What instructions has David been given as far as Karen and Jack are concerned? Where does David ultimately take Karen and what does he expect her to do? What changes make Karen more willing to help, at least on the surface, and what does Karen do?
Essay Topic 3
What does George learn about the relationship between the Dragon's and Bermuda Triangles? How does he think they are connected, and what does he suspect is at the heart of the Bermuda Triangle? With what part of the earth does George believe these areas are interacting? How does he explain this interaction and what effect do the solar storms have on them?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)