|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much gold did Jack get from the Kochi Maru before it sank into the lava?
2. What is his mission?
3. What does Houston want Jack to do before Jack has even surfaced?
4. What is the first thing David does when given the reins?
5. How long does it take to get to the rendezvous site?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Jack managed to put together the funds for Deep Fathom and what has he done with it?
2. About what does Lisa question Jack and why is it significant?
3. What makes Karen think that Rongorongo is the language being used in the hieroglyphics?
4. Why does Karen refuse to return to the University after having seen the pyramids?
5. How does Karen find the hidden tunnel?
6. Why does David Spangler blame Jack for his sister's death?
7. What celebration rapidly becomes a nightmare?
8. What does Vice President Rafe want David to do at the Air Force One crash site?
9. Why are Lisa and Charlie so concerned about Jack?
10. What does George discover about the area where Air Force One went down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is tremendous political upheaval following the earthquakes and land mass disruptions. The crash of Air Force One is an added complication in which way? Despite the obvious tragedy of the crash, who stands to gain from it? What political shuffle is intended or created as a result? What reasons would the VP have to falsify the reasons for the crash. What motivates him politically and why? Who does Nafe invest in his plans? Could something of this nature happen in the political climate of our times? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are the similarities and the differences between the Dragon's and Bermuda Triangles? Where is the Dragon's Triangle in relation to the Bermuda Triangle? How did they get their names? What does George discover with relation to the earth and these areas? How do they appear to interact and what forces seem to have an affect on them? How does George explain the existence of them both?
Essay Topic 3
How does Elvis save the Deep Fathom? Is this a likely scenario? What kind of jobs do dogs have in reality that correspond to the abilities he displays? What behavior does he exhibit to get the attention of the crew members? How are they able to use the advance knowledge to fool David into thinking that his plan succeeded? What unfortunate ploy is used to back up their ruse to Jack's temporary disadvantage?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)