|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Karen retrieve Jack in the dead Nautilus?
(a) With help from Perseus.
(b) With a remote arm.
(c) With help from Fathom.
(d) With a remote Huey.
2. Why does Jack lose communication with Charlie?
(a) The phone line is blown up.
(b) David interferes.
(c) The bomb on the Fathom goes off.
(d) The Chinese take over communications.
3. Where is Jack when he regains consciousness?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) Aboard Deep Fathom.
(c) On the mainland.
(d) On David's boat.
4. What does Charlie believe happened when the ancients exposed part of the crystal?
(a) It gave them unlimited power.
(b) It destroyed their continent.
(c) It gave them electricity.
(d) It lit up the sky.
5. What advantage does the Perseus have over the Nautilus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what kind of helicopter was Karen put?
2. What does George reveal occurred three days earlier?
3. What surprises Jack about the crystal Karen shows him?
4. Where is Jack taking the Deep Fathom?
5. What does David do to Cortez?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difference does Jack leaving for Okinawa have on David's plans and why?
2. What does Spangler threaten when Jack won't easily surrender himself?
3. What happens while Jack and Lisa are at the ruins and who comes to their rescue?
4. What are Jack's priorities when he gets back to Deep Fathom?
5. Of what does Karen convince Jack on the flight to Pohnpei?
6. How does Jack manage to escape from the top of Darong Island?
7. What mistake does David makes that costs him his life?
8. What does Jack reveal in conversation that disappoints Lisa?
9. What does Elvis do aboard the Fathom?
10. What happens when the Perseus takes a sample of the crystal obelisk?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)