|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karen see in the water?
(a) A Chinese conning tower.
(b) A shark.
(c) A battle cruiser.
(d) The USS Gibraltar.
2. Into what kind of helicopter was Karen put?
(a) Sea Nymph.
(b) Sea Skimmer.
(c) Sea Otter.
(d) Sea Stallion.
3. What does George reveal occurred three days earlier?
(a) A planetary alignment.
(b) The largest coronal mass ejection ever recorded.
(c) A lunar anomaly.
(d) A sea quake.
4. What gets David?
(a) A pillar.
(b) He hits the wall.
(c) The giant squid.
(d) Falling rock.
5. Where is Karen told that Dr. Cortez has gone?
(b) To the Fathom.
(c) To the crystal.
(d) To his lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What target does Nafe choose in retaliation for Okinawa?
2. What is the name of the city's central castle?
3. What does David decide to do about the Fathom?
4. What makes Jack pull Lisa to the ground as they are getting ready to leave the ruins?
5. What advantage does the Perseus have over the Nautilus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's plan to rescue Karen?
2. How does Jack manage to escape from the top of Darong Island?
3. What is it about the circuitry David gives Jack that upsets him?
4. What impact does Karen have on Jack and why?
5. Why is Ferdinand Cortez more than just a bit excited about the completion of Neptune and why does David trust that things will be under control while he is gone?
6. What mistake does David makes that costs him his life?
7. What is the next feat of spectacular manipulation of events by Lawrence Nafe?
8. Of what does Karen convince Jack on the flight to Pohnpei?
9. Listening to the radio chatter, what does David realize and with what does he still have to bargain?
10. What does China do, what impact does it have on Nafe and why?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)