|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the black box for which Jack is looking?
(a) Black and red.
(b) Orange and red.
(c) Black and yellow.
(d) Black and blue.
2. What is Vice President Nafe hoping to accomplish by blaming the Chinese for the accident?
(a) A reason to use nuclear power on them.
(b) A reason to sever ties.
(c) An excuse to escalate trade costs.
(d) An excuse to send ships.
3. When were the submerged pyramids first discovered?
4. How long does his clock register has passed in that time?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Four minutes.
5. Who catches David and his team setting the explosives?
(a) Mark Houston.
(b) Jack Kirkland.
(c) George Klein.
(d) Ed Weintraub.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miyuki describe Gabriel?
2. What is inside the freighter that Jack is trying to recover?
3. What does Karen realize about the rows of symbols?
4. What does Karen carry for protection?
5. What does Gabriel believe he has been able to decipher so far?
Short Essay Questions
1. What announcement does Mark Houston make on the USS Gibraltar and how does that affect Jack and the crew of the Fathom?
2. What discovery does Miyuki make that is impossible to explain although she can reproduce it?
3. What is unique about the symbols found in the tunnel by Karen and Miyuki?
4. How does Karen find the hidden tunnel?
5. Why does David Spangler blame Jack for his sister's death?
6. What does David suggest Admiral Houston do when the Navy's submersible and divers arrive and why?
7. What does George realize when Lisa comments about the time lapses as they discuss the wreckage site.
8. How has Jack managed to put together the funds for Deep Fathom and what has he done with it?
9. What is Gabriel and why does he make Karen nervous?
10. Why does Karen refuse to return to the University after having seen the pyramids?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)