|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is slowing down Karen's progress in her attempts to trace the origins of the hieroglyphics?
(a) Power failures.
(b) Computer conflicts.
(c) Colleague interruptions.
(d) Language barriers.
2. What almost stops them from going?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A policeman.
3. What color is the black box for which Jack is looking?
(a) Orange and red.
(b) Black and yellow.
(c) Black and blue.
(d) Black and red.
4. What event occurs just before the ground begins to shake?
(a) The first solar eclipse of the new millennium.
(b) The first lunar eclipse of the new millennium.
(c) The last lunar eclipse of the new millennium.
(d) The last solar eclipse of the new millennium.
5. What happens to time when Jack touches the pincer of Nautilus to the obelisk?
(a) He loses almost forty minutes of communication.
(b) It becomes erratic.
(c) It slows to a crawl.
(d) It stops entirely.
6. What does Karen notice about one of the men who ambushed them?
(a) A silver bracelet.
(b) A silver ring.
(c) A winding snake tattoo.
(d) A necklace.
7. What does Nicolas think about the source of the quakes?
(a) The damage might be reversible.
(b) It could prove to be a power source.
(c) They are a source of great magnetism.
(d) They were Chinese in origin.
8. What is in effect in Naha City, Japan?
(a) Social upheaval.
(b) Martial law.
(c) Government seizures.
(d) Military armaments.
9. How many ships does George discover have been reported missing in the area since 1968?
10. Why is David looking for vengeance?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His sister's death.
(d) His brother's death.
11. How far back does Gabriel date the hieroglyphics?
(a) Two thousand years.
(b) Ten thousand years.
(c) Twelve thousand years.
(d) Eight thousand years.
12. Who catches David and his team setting the explosives?
(a) George Klein.
(b) Mark Houston.
(c) Ed Weintraub.
(d) Jack Kirkland.
13. What does Miyuki reveal about the crystal and it's properties?
(a) Darkness makes it lighter.
(b) Water makes it lighter.
(c) Heat makes it lighter.
(d) Light makes it lighter.
14. How did Houston's wife, Ethel, die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) Ovarian cancer.
15. What does Director Ruzickov give David the green light to do?
(a) Wrap it up.
(b) Kill Kirkland.
(c) Blow up the Fathom.
(d) Proceed to stage two.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much gold did Jack get from the Kochi Maru before it sank into the lava?
2. What is the region called by many?
3. Who helps Charlie on the surface to retrieve the black boxes from Nautilus' pincers?
4. What surprise awaits Karen and Miyuki?
5. Where is the crash site to which Jack and his crew have been summoned?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)