|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Edgdon Heath,
(a) Tourists try to spot convicts.
(b) The convicts are free to roam.
(c) The quarries are tapped out.
(d) The convicts are supposed to work.
2. What is familiar about Prendergast in his new role as prison chaplain?
(a) His walk.
(b) His cane.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His wig.
3. Grimes' biggest objection to his new life is
(a) His loneliness.
(b) His desire to get out of it.
(c) His new father-in-law.
(d) Flossie's attention.
4. Grimes escapes prison under a cloud of
(b) Heavy rain.
(d) Quarry dust.
5. Why does Grimes reject the job offered by the Clutterbucks?
(a) He thinks they are playing a joke on him.
(b) He thinks the job will be worse than the one he has.
(c) He thinks Fagan is trying to get rid of him.
(d) He is sure that Philbrick is behind it.
Short Answer Questions
1. We can assume that the Hon. Miles Malpractice is
2. Margot assures Paul that their honeymoon will be
3. The author refers to Paul's shadow which is
4. Grimes is in prison, convicted of
5. Guilt over Grimes' death is expressed by
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)