|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Philbrick claimed to have
(a) Lived with a famous actress.
(b) The husband of a countess.
(c) Owned a fleet of oil tankers.
(d) Been a Roman Catholic.
2. Mr. Prendergast shares that he
(a) Was married with children.
(b) He used to be a clergyman.
(c) Was a social misfit.
(d) Was a social butterfly.
3. Paul's students tease him by
(a) Claiming to be named Tangent.
(b) Being sarcastic.
(c) Fighting among themselves.
(d) Claiming they are hearing impaired.
4. Mr. Levy's response to Paul's lack of qualifications is
(a) A rejection out of hand.
(b) An offer to rewrite his resume.
(c) A suggestion to return to college.
(d) A warning not to be too modest.
5. Prendergast tends to
(a) Blame Grimes for his unhappiness.
(b) Feel sorry for everyone else.
(c) Tell long, meaningless stories of his past.
(d) Be a good, but strange friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the prior six sporting events at Llabba have been
2. Grimes does not have "doubts," but mostly just
3. What information does Paul withhold from young Beste-Chetwynde?
4. As further punishment, Paul is
5. Mr. Prendergast seems obsessed with
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)