|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul and Grimes leave Prendergast to the boys, even though he is
2. Paul gets concerned about how many people live at the Castle when he sees
(a) The size of the castle.
(b) Many plates stacked on the table.
(c) Several butlers.
(d) Sixteen pipes lined up.
3. Why is Paul reluctant about Digby-Vaine-Trumpington's offer?
(a) He wants no further dealings with Digby-Vaine-Trumpington.
(b) It is not enough to make up for the damage.
(c) He wants to hear it face to face.
(d) He wants to preserve his honor.
4. What is the rumor about Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde
(a) She poisoned her last husband.
(b) She is a South American.
(c) She is sister-in-law to Pastmaster.
(d) She is rich and famous.
5. Beste-Chetwynde tells Paul that
(a) Philbrick is a Russian spy.
(b) Philbrick is a butler and a criminal.
(c) He does not believe Grimes is a real teacher.
(d) He believes Philbricke is a Russian prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diana Fagan feels it would be going too far to buy
2. Grimes does not have "doubts," but mostly just
3. What was it about Paul that led to the attack on him?
4. Grimes reveals he has a pattern of
5. At Llanabba, Philbrick is supposedly engaged to
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)