|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fagan knows that when a person wants to teach, he probably
(a) Is a former criminal.
(b) Has something he is anxious to conceal.
(c) Cannot do anything else.
(d) Is hiding a bad family background.
2. The candidate who interviews before Paul is
(a) Hearing impaired.
(b) In high demand.
(d) Slightly sarcastic.
3. Mr. Philbrick tells Paul that his father was
(a) Solly Philbrick, the butler.
(b) Toby Cruttwell, the thief.
(c) Chick Philbrick, the boxer.
(d) Sir Solomon Philbrick, the knight.
4. Mr. Levy's response to Paul's lack of qualifications is
(a) A rejection out of hand.
(b) An offer to rewrite his resume.
(c) A suggestion to return to college.
(d) A warning not to be too modest.
5. Because of the charge against Paul at Scone, Dr. Fagan
(a) Rejects his application.
(b) Lowers the salary he initially offered.
(c) Asks him to teach more classes.
(d) Limits him to less intelligent students.
Short Answer Questions
1. As further punishment, Paul is
2. Why does Grimes think Prendergast cannot keep order?
3. What does the five percent of ninety pounds represent?
4. What is so surprising about the wealthy Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde?
5. Paul's primary goal in his new classroom is
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)