|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grimes decide to do on his wedding night?
(a) Listen to Flossie play piano.
(b) Work on the school's accounts.
(c) Go to Mrs. Roberts.
(d) Visit in the Common Room.
2. When Inspector Bruce appears, Paul thinks he is there to discuss
(a) Security at Kings Thursday.
(b) Posting guards at the wedding ceremony.
(d) Guarding the wedding presents.
3. Prendergast tends to
(a) Be a good, but strange friend.
(b) Tell long, meaningless stories of his past.
(c) Feel sorry for everyone else.
(d) Blame Grimes for his unhappiness.
4. What is it that brings a tear to the eye of Prendergast?
(a) Paul's invitation to dinner.
(b) His love for his pipes.
(c) Grimes' rejection of him .
(d) The frustration of disobedient students.
5. What news does Potts' letter bring to Paul?
(a) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington has offered him friendship.
(b) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington wants to see him.
(c) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington wants to employ him.
(d) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington wants to give him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might indicate that young Peter knows about his mother's business?
2. Why do the officials in France laugh at Paul's comment about the absurdity of the League of Nations?
3. What can we assume about Paul's friend, Potts, at this point?
4. Dr. Fagan's attitude toward Grimes is
5. The prison chaplain turns out to be
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)