|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delta One throw at Rachel and the others that makes the glacier break away and drop in the ocean?
2. What is Gabrielle's reaction after hearing the president's press conference at ABC studios?
3. What is the name of the glacier that Rachel lands on in Chapter 16?
4. What does Norah say did not pick up any change in density when testing the meteorite for salinity?
5. Who tells Pickering that the meteorite is definitely real during a phone conversation with him on the submarine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael's wife help him secure his weekly television show?
2. How does Dr. Charles Brophy die?
3. How are Rachel, Michael, and Corky rescued from the Arctic Ocean in Chapter 61?
4. How is the Delta Force's mission described in Chapter 15?
5. How does Yolanda react when Gabrielle tells her she wishes to go public with her affair with Senator Sexton?
6. How does Marjorie Tench explain the Space Commercialization Promotion Act to Gabrielle?
7. What is the nature of Rachel's visit with the president aboard Air Force One?
8. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's apartment during his meeting with the private space companies?
9. How does Michael help Rachel and Corky escape the Delta Force on the meteorite?
10. Why does Pickering tell Rachel to wait to tell the president about her findings on the meteorite when she calls him aboard the USS Charlotte?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Delta Force of the book. What about the Delta Force's missions in the book note the seriousness of the secret they were keeping and the power of the players involved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the Milne Ice Shelf in the book. What methods does the author use to create a dangerous and ominous tone at the Milne Ice Shelf in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of the meteorite in the book. What purpose might the author have for centering the major conflict in the book around a meteorite?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)