|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room in the White House is Gabrielle led to in Chapter 40?
2. What does Gabrielle use to gain entry into Senator Sexton's apartment while he is meeting with private investors?
3. What does Rachel realize she has been shot with when the Delta Force attacks her and the scientists at the Milne Ice Shelf?
4. Who tells Gabrielle that she has been providing her with the NASA data she was giving to Senator Sexton?
5. What does Norah say did not pick up any change in density when testing the meteorite for salinity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the scientists and Rachel discover on the GPR printout of the meteorite?
2. How do Michael and Corky describe how to distinguish a meteorite to Rachel?
3. What is the nature of the material Rachel presents to the president's staff in Chapter 35?
4. What is the nature of Rachel's visit with the president aboard Air Force One?
5. What does Marjorie Tench do to Rachel when she receives a call from her from the submarine just before the president's press conference?
6. How does Michael's wife help him secure his weekly television show?
7. How is the Delta Force's mission described in Chapter 15?
8. What does Rachel realize when she is shot with an ice bullet on the meteorite?
9. How does Senator Sexton receive the classified information regarding NASA that he uses to discredit his opponents?
10. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's apartment during his meeting with the private space companies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of President Zackary Herney in the book. In what way does the author create doubt about the goodness of the president in comparison to Senator Sexton?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Michael in the book. What reason might the author have for making Michael a protagonist in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's morals and overall outlook on politics in the book. What is telling of the natures of these two characters based on the revelation of their true ideals regarding politics in the book?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)