|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captain of the USS Charlotte?
2. Where does Rachel meet with the president in Chapter 6?
3. What does Rachel have in her pocket that will tell the truth about the meteorite if they die in the ocean?
4. What are Rachel and the others given once onboard the submarine to warm their bodies?
5. According to the controller, in how many hours does will important information would go public in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Delta Force's mission described in Chapter 15?
2. How are the Delta Force described when they are first seen in the book?
3. What does Marjorie Tench do to Rachel when she receives a call from her from the submarine just before the president's press conference?
4. How does Rachel send a message to the NRO while in frozen water?
5. What is the nature of the material Rachel presents to the president's staff in Chapter 35?
6. What do the scientists and Rachel discover on the GPR printout of the meteorite?
7. What does Rachel realize when she is shot with an ice bullet on the meteorite?
8. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's apartment during his meeting with the private space companies?
9. How does Michael help Rachel and Corky escape the Delta Force on the meteorite?
10. What does Rachel do aboard the USS Charlotte when she realizes the president is about to have his press conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Rachel with her father Senator Sexton in the book. What is telling of the impact Rachel's mother played in her life based on her differences from her father in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Although not the greatest evil present in the book, Senator Sexton offers the reader a look inside megalomania and politics through his character.
Part 1.) How is Senator Sexton's true nature uncovered by the end of the book?
Part 2.) How does Senator Sexton portray megalomania and greed in the book?
Part 3.) What is telling of Senator Sexton's nature based on his refusal to keep Rachel's fax hidden to ensure her safety?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Delta Force of the book. What about the Delta Force's missions in the book note the seriousness of the secret they were keeping and the power of the players involved?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)