|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabrielle use to gain entry into Senator Sexton's apartment while he is meeting with private investors?
2. How long does Michael assume he and the others will survive after being blown into the ocean in Chapter 56?
3. Where is Rachel meeting her father for dinner in Chapter 1?
4. What does Gabrielle's friend say she is most concerned about regarding Gabrielle's decision to come forward with her affair with Senator Sexton?
5. What is Rachel's job at the White House?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Michael's belief of panspermia described in the book?
2. What two reasons does Norah give Rachel for disagreeing with her explanation for PODS not being sensitive enough to pick up saltwater around the glacier?
3. What do the scientists and Rachel discover on the GPR printout of the meteorite?
4. How does Marjorie Tench explain the Space Commercialization Promotion Act to Gabrielle?
5. How does Dr. Charles Brophy die?
6. How do Michael and Corky describe how to distinguish a meteorite to Rachel?
7. How does Yolanda react when Gabrielle tells her she wishes to go public with her affair with Senator Sexton?
8. What does Rachel realize when she is shot with an ice bullet on the meteorite?
9. How does Michael's wife help him secure his weekly television show?
10. What does Rachel do aboard the USS Charlotte when she realizes the president is about to have his press conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of a prologue and epilogue in the book. What information is added to and left up to the reader with the use of this method?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the meteorite in the book. What purpose might the author have for centering the major conflict in the book around a meteorite?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, the controller has literally been in control of every action that has taken place in the book.
Part 1.) What impact does the controller have on the Delta Force's actions in the book?
Part 2.) What purpose did the author have for having a hidden controller present throughout the entire book?
Part 3.) What is telling about the nature of government conspiracy in the book based on the reveal of William Pickering as the controller?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)