|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the glacier that Rachel lands on in Chapter 16?
(a) The North Pole.
(b) The Great Glacier.
(c) The Tundra.
(d) The Milne Ice Shelf.
2. What does Rachel have in her pocket that will tell the truth about the meteorite if they die in the ocean?
(a) A picture.
(b) The rock sample.
(c) A water sample.
(d) The GPR .
3. What does Ming try to get that causes him to fall in the water?
(a) A closer look.
(b) A water sample.
(c) He jumps into the water.
(d) A picture.
4. In what year do the scientists believe the meteorite to have fallen?
5. What does the person using the ax on the ice hope to send a message to?
(a) Nearby boats.
(b) NRO's oceanic listening system.
(c) Underwater divers.
(d) Someone on the glacier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rachel meeting her father for dinner in Chapter 1?
2. What does Rachel say would be hurt for the meteorite discovery if one part of the findings comes into question?
3. What does Rachel see the fossilized imprint of when she sees a sample of the meteorite?
4. Who believes that the sight of the submarine approaching them in the water was a hallucination?
5. What is the name of the world-renowned astrophysicist hired by the president to verify the meteorite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between the president and Marjorie Tench when she suggests going to a CNN debate with Sexton instead of him?
2. How does Dr. Charles Brophy die?
3. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's apartment during his meeting with the private space companies?
4. What is the nature of Ekstrom and Marjorie Tench's phone conversation in Chapter 75?
5. How do Michael and Corky describe how to distinguish a meteorite to Rachel?
6. What does Rachel do aboard the USS Charlotte when she realizes the president is about to have his press conference?
7. How is Rachel's conversation with the president via a video link while on the Milne Ice Shelf described?
8. How are Rachel, Michael, and Corky rescued from the Arctic Ocean in Chapter 61?
9. What happens when Gabrielle goes to the East Gate of the White House for a meeting?
10. How is the Delta Force's mission described in Chapter 15?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)