|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ekstrom take a call from at the end of Chapter 75?
(a) The president.
(b) Marjorie Tench.
(c) Michael Tolland.
(d) William Pickering.
2. What are Rachel and the others given once onboard the submarine to warm their bodies?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A blanket.
(c) Warm socks.
(d) A shot of adrenaline.
3. What is Senator Sexton's main complaint regarding NASA?
(a) Their secrecy.
(b) Their lies.
(c) Their failure.
(d) Their overspending.
4. According to the president during his press conference, how old is the meteorite?
(a) 75 million years.
(b) 190 million years.
(c) 50 million years.
(d) 100 million years.
5. What is the name of the president of the United States in the book?
(a) Sedgwick Sexton.
(b) Charles Brophy.
(c) William Pickering.
(d) Zackary Herney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marjorie call just before the president's press conference?
2. Who believes that the sight of the submarine approaching them in the water was a hallucination?
3. What is Gabrielle's reaction after hearing the president's press conference at ABC studios?
4. What is the name of the submarine that rescues Rachel, Michael, and Corky form the ocean in Chapter 61?
5. Who is Gabrielle greeted by for her meeting at the White House?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel send a message to the NRO while in frozen water?
2. How do Michael and Corky describe how to distinguish a meteorite to Rachel?
3. How does Marjorie Tench explain the Space Commercialization Promotion Act to Gabrielle?
4. What is the nature of the material Rachel presents to the president's staff in Chapter 35?
5. What does Ekstrom do after a NASA technician finds Dr. Ming's dead body?
6. What happens when Gabrielle goes to the East Gate of the White House for a meeting?
7. Describe the conversation between the president and Marjorie Tench when she suggests going to a CNN debate with Sexton instead of him?
8. How does Dr. Charles Brophy die?
9. How is the Delta Force's mission described in Chapter 15?
10. Why does Pickering tell Rachel to wait to tell the president about her findings on the meteorite when she calls him aboard the USS Charlotte?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)