|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel have in her pocket that will tell the truth about the meteorite if they die in the ocean?
(a) The rock sample.
(b) A water sample.
(c) A picture.
(d) The GPR .
2. How long does the president say he has known about the meteorite and waited to reveal the news during his press conference?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A week.
3. Who tells Pickering that the meteorite is definitely real during a phone conversation with him on the submarine?
4. What does Rachel see the fossilized imprint of when she sees a sample of the meteorite?
(a) A snake.
(b) A deer.
(c) A person.
(d) A large bug.
5. What does Delta One throw at Rachel and the others that makes the glacier break away and drop in the ocean?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A machine gun.
(c) A flash-bang grenade.
(d) A missile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person using the ax on the ice hope to send a message to?
2. Who believes that the sight of the submarine approaching them in the water was a hallucination?
3. What does the president wish Rachel to do for his staff when he speaks with her over video link?
4. What does Gabrielle use to gain entry into Senator Sexton's apartment while he is meeting with private investors?
5. What is the name of the captain of the USS Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marjorie Tench explain the Space Commercialization Promotion Act to Gabrielle?
2. What is the nature of Rachel's visit with the president aboard Air Force One?
3. What do the scientists and Rachel discover on the GPR printout of the meteorite?
4. What does Marjorie Tench do to Rachel when she receives a call from her from the submarine just before the president's press conference?
5. How does Dr. Charles Brophy die?
6. What happens when Gabrielle goes to the East Gate of the White House for a meeting?
7. What two reasons does Norah give Rachel for disagreeing with her explanation for PODS not being sensitive enough to pick up saltwater around the glacier?
8. What does Rachel realize when she is shot with an ice bullet on the meteorite?
9. How are Rachel, Michael, and Corky rescued from the Arctic Ocean in Chapter 61?
10. What is the nature of the material Rachel presents to the president's staff in Chapter 35?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)