|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ekstrom take a call from at the end of Chapter 75?
(a) The president.
(b) William Pickering.
(c) Marjorie Tench.
(d) Michael Tolland.
2. What does Ming try to get that causes him to fall in the water?
(a) A picture.
(b) A closer look.
(c) He jumps into the water.
(d) A water sample.
3. What logos does Gabrielle see on the briefcases and jackets in Senator Sexton's apartment while he is meeting with them?
(c) Cabinet members.
(d) Private space companies.
4. Where is Rachel meeting her father for dinner in Chapter 1?
(b) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. Who tells Pickering that the meteorite is definitely real during a phone conversation with him on the submarine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delta One throw at Rachel and the others that makes the glacier break away and drop in the ocean?
2. Who notices Marjorie acting angrily on the phone just before the president's press conference?
3. What goes into Ming's eye that causes him to fall into the water and drown?
4. What does Gabrielle's friend say she is most concerned about regarding Gabrielle's decision to come forward with her affair with Senator Sexton?
5. What does Tench believe will just be a bonus to ensure Herney wins the presidency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Ekstrom and Marjorie Tench's phone conversation in Chapter 75?
2. How do Michael and Corky describe how to distinguish a meteorite to Rachel?
3. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's apartment during his meeting with the private space companies?
4. What does Rachel realize when she is shot with an ice bullet on the meteorite?
5. What does Ekstrom do after a NASA technician finds Dr. Ming's dead body?
6. Describe the conversation between the president and Marjorie Tench when she suggests going to a CNN debate with Sexton instead of him?
7. What is the nature of Rachel's visit with the president aboard Air Force One?
8. Why does Pickering tell Rachel to wait to tell the president about her findings on the meteorite when she calls him aboard the USS Charlotte?
9. How does Senator Sexton receive the classified information regarding NASA that he uses to discredit his opponents?
10. How does Dr. Charles Brophy die?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)