|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the NASA technician that finds Dr. Ming's dead body to hide it until after the press conference?
(a) Michael Tolland.
(b) The president.
(c) Lawrence Ekstrom.
(d) William Pickering.
2. How long does the president say he has known about the meteorite and waited to reveal the news during his press conference?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
3. Who is Gabrielle greeted by for her meeting at the White House?
(a) William Pickering.
(b) Sedgwick Sexton.
(c) Zachary Herney.
(d) Marjorie Trench.
4. What does the person using the ax on the ice hope to send a message to?
(a) Someone on the glacier.
(b) NRO's oceanic listening system.
(c) Nearby boats.
(d) Underwater divers.
5. Who notices Marjorie acting angrily on the phone just before the president's press conference?
(a) The president.
(b) William Pickering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the president of the United States in the book?
2. What is name of Rachel's boss?
3. What is the name of Michael's wife who passed away from cancer?
4. What does Norah say did not pick up any change in density when testing the meteorite for salinity?
5. What room in the White House is Gabrielle led to in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marjorie Tench do to Rachel when she receives a call from her from the submarine just before the president's press conference?
2. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's apartment during his meeting with the private space companies?
3. How does Marjorie Tench explain the Space Commercialization Promotion Act to Gabrielle?
4. What happens when Gabrielle goes to the East Gate of the White House for a meeting?
5. What is the nature of Rachel's visit with the president aboard Air Force One?
6. What does Rachel do aboard the USS Charlotte when she realizes the president is about to have his press conference?
7. How does Michael's wife help him secure his weekly television show?
8. What do the scientists and Rachel discover on the GPR printout of the meteorite?
9. How is the Delta Force's mission described in Chapter 15?
10. Describe the conversation between the president and Marjorie Tench when she suggests going to a CNN debate with Sexton instead of him?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)