|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room in the White House is Gabrielle led to in Chapter 40?
(a) The Green Room.
(b) The map room.
(c) The Oval Office.
(d) Lincoln's bedroom.
2. What does Norah say did not pick up any change in density when testing the meteorite for salinity?
3. What does Rachel develop a fear of as a child?
(b) Open water.
4. What does Ming try to get that causes him to fall in the water?
(a) He jumps into the water.
(b) A closer look.
(c) A picture.
(d) A water sample.
5. What does Gabrielle use to gain entry into Senator Sexton's apartment while he is meeting with private investors?
(c) A gun.
(d) The envelope Tench gave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the well-known oceanographer with a highly popular weekly television show?
2. What does Tench believe will just be a bonus to ensure Herney wins the presidency?
3. Who does Senator Sexton not blame after the president has made his announcement about the meteorite discovery in a press conference?
4. What does Delta One throw at Rachel and the others that makes the glacier break away and drop in the ocean?
5. What is the name of the submarine that rescues Rachel, Michael, and Corky form the ocean in Chapter 61?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Senator Sexton receive the classified information regarding NASA that he uses to discredit his opponents?
2. How are Rachel, Michael, and Corky rescued from the Arctic Ocean in Chapter 61?
3. What does Marjorie Tench do to Rachel when she receives a call from her from the submarine just before the president's press conference?
4. What is the nature of the material Rachel presents to the president's staff in Chapter 35?
5. What do the scientists and Rachel discover on the GPR printout of the meteorite?
6. How is Michael's belief of panspermia described in the book?
7. How does Michael's wife help him secure his weekly television show?
8. Why does Pickering tell Rachel to wait to tell the president about her findings on the meteorite when she calls him aboard the USS Charlotte?
9. How does Marjorie Tench explain the Space Commercialization Promotion Act to Gabrielle?
10. How are the Delta Force described when they are first seen in the book?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)