|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the world-renowned astrophysicist hired by the president to verify the meteorite?
(a) Michael Tolland.
(b) Norah Mangor.
(c) Wailee Ming.
(d) Corky Marlinson.
2. What is the name of the submarine that rescues Rachel, Michael, and Corky form the ocean in Chapter 61?
(a) USS Louise.
(b) USS Charlotte.
(c) USS Sparta.
(d) USS Alabama.
3. What does Norah say did not pick up any change in density when testing the meteorite for salinity?
4. What is Senator Sexton's main complaint regarding NASA?
(a) Their failure.
(b) Their overspending.
(c) Their secrecy.
(d) Their lies.
5. Who notices Marjorie acting angrily on the phone just before the president's press conference?
(a) The president.
(c) William Pickering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabrielle use to gain entry into Senator Sexton's apartment while he is meeting with private investors?
2. Who does Ekstrom take a call from at the end of Chapter 75?
3. What does the president wish Rachel to do for his staff when he speaks with her over video link?
4. What does Rachel tell the president's staff about the information she will tell them?
5. What have the Delta Force been authorized to protect regarding the Milne Ice Shelf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marjorie Tench do to Rachel when she receives a call from her from the submarine just before the president's press conference?
2. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's apartment during his meeting with the private space companies?
3. How does Marjorie Tench explain the Space Commercialization Promotion Act to Gabrielle?
4. What is the nature of the material Rachel presents to the president's staff in Chapter 35?
5. What do the scientists and Rachel discover on the GPR printout of the meteorite?
6. How are Rachel, Michael, and Corky rescued from the Arctic Ocean in Chapter 61?
7. What is the nature of Rachel's visit with the president aboard Air Force One?
8. How does Dr. Charles Brophy die?
9. How is the Delta Force's mission described in Chapter 15?
10. How are the Delta Force described when they are first seen in the book?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)