|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Rachel's fax about the meteorite hoax in Chapter 125?
(b) Senator Sexton.
(c) The president.
2. What is the name of Michael's research center that he calls in Chapter 91?
3. How much are the checks Gabrielle finds given to the Senator from private space companies?
(a) $15,000 to $250,000.
(b) $50,000 to $100,000.
(c) $5,000 to $10,000.
(d) $10,000 to $25,000.
4. What does Michael explain is the only thing that will make the sharks surrounding the Goya attack?
(a) The smell of blood.
5. Why can't Michael open the hatch of the Triton to get Rachel out after it has sunk?
(a) It was blocked off.
(b) It was melted.
(c) It was damaged by gunfire.
(d) It was jammed.
6. What is the name of the marine biologist who left Michael a message about an error in his television broadcast?
7. Where do Rachel and Michael stay the night together?
(a) The White House.
(b) Michael's house.
(c) The Goya.
(d) Rachel's house.
8. What password does Gabrielle first try to gain access into the Senator's computer?
9. What kind of car pulls up that houses the political official the Delta Force are going to assassinate?
(a) A truck.
(b) A van.
(c) An SUV.
(d) A sedan.
10. What do Rachel and Michael search for in a large database when looking for an organism that is similar to the meteorite at the Goya?
(a) A sample.
(d) A rock.
11. Who reluctantly gives Xavia the core sample so she can test the chemical make-up of the chondrules?
12. What does Michael say is the name of the cyclone of warm water that is under the Goya?
(a) A panospome.
(b) A fliridome.
(c) A cyclism.
(d) A megaplume.
13. Who does the controller not say would soon be dead after the assassination of the high-powered political official?
14. What does Corky do to cover the smell of blood after being shot on the Goya?
(a) Urinates on himself.
(b) Rinses himself off.
(c) Takes off his clothes.
(d) Dries off.
15. What does Rachel tell Corky and Michael that they must do to evaluate the meteorite sample accurately aboard a military aircraft?
(a) Take new tests.
(b) Start from scratch.
(c) Think outside the box.
(d) Get a new sample.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who retrieves the fax number that Rachel sent the meteorite information to?
2. Who do Rachel and Michael find on the remains of a speedboat after they are rescued in Chapter 130?
3. What reason does Gabrielle give Senator Sexton for getting files from his office when he calls her there?
4. What monument does the Delta Force head to after boarding the Kiowa helicopter?
5. What does Senator Sexton do to Gabrielle when she suggests holding onto the information about the meteorite until Rachel is safe?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)