|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ekstrom take a call from at the end of Chapter 75?
(a) The president.
(b) William Pickering.
(c) Marjorie Tench.
(d) Michael Tolland.
2. What is the name of the paleontologist hired by the president to verify the meteorite?
(a) Norah Mangor.
(b) Corky Marlinson.
(c) Michael Tolland.
(d) Wailee Ming.
3. How long does the president say he has known about the meteorite and waited to reveal the news during his press conference?
(a) A year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
4. What is Rachel careful to give only when speaking with William Pickering on the phone in Chapter 71?
(a) The facts.
5. What is Senator Sexton's main complaint regarding NASA?
(a) Their lies.
(b) Their secrecy.
(c) Their overspending.
(d) Their failure.
6. Where does Rachel meet with the president in Chapter 6?
(a) The Oval Office.
(b) Air Force One.
(c) The movies.
(d) A restaurant.
7. Where is Rachel meeting her father for dinner in Chapter 1?
(c) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
8. What does Ming realize is breaking away when he feels a large vibration beneath his feet in the habisphere?
(a) The meteorite.
(b) The glacier.
(c) The sky.
(d) The habisphere.
9. What does the person using the ax on the ice hope to send a message to?
(a) Someone on the glacier.
(b) NRO's oceanic listening system.
(c) Nearby boats.
(d) Underwater divers.
10. What is Gabrielle's reaction after hearing the president's press conference at ABC studios?
11. What does Rachel have in her pocket that will tell the truth about the meteorite if they die in the ocean?
(a) The rock sample.
(b) A picture.
(c) A water sample.
(d) The GPR .
12. Who does Marjorie call just before the president's press conference?
(a) Michael Tolland.
(b) Sedgwick Sexton.
(c) Lawrence Ekstrom.
(d) William Pickering.
13. What is the name of the president of the United States in the book?
(a) William Pickering.
(b) Charles Brophy.
(c) Zackary Herney.
(d) Sedgwick Sexton.
14. What are Rachel and the others given once onboard the submarine to warm their bodies?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A shot of adrenaline.
(d) Warm socks.
15. In what year do the scientists believe the meteorite to have fallen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scientists see an obvious outline of in the extraction pit of the glacier after using the GPR?
2. How many feet thick is the ice shelf attached to the glacier where the meteorite was found?
3. Where is Gabrielle instructed to meet her NASA informant at the White House?
4. What is Rachel's job at the White House?
5. How long does Michael assume he and the others will survive after being blown into the ocean in Chapter 56?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)