|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the content editor for ABC who is a friend of Gabrielle?
(a) Michael Tolland.
(b) Celia Ekstrom.
(c) Yolanda Cole.
(d) Norah Mangor.
2. Who takes the call for the president from Rachel when she calls from the submarine?
(a) Marjorie Trench.
(b) Gabrielle Ashe.
(c) Sedgwick Sexton.
(d) William Pickering.
3. What does Rachel tell the president's staff about the information she will tell them?
(a) It is true and unbiased.
(b) It is honest.
(c) It will be sketchy.
(d) It will be quick.
4. What have the Delta Force been authorized to protect regarding the Milne Ice Shelf?
(a) Its location.
(b) Its secrets.
(c) Its composition.
(d) Its lies.
5. In what year do the scientists believe the meteorite to have fallen?
6. How does Rachel describe the news of the meteorite?
(d) Most exciting.
7. At how many feet is the helicopter when the doctor and his dogs are pushed out in the prologue?
8. What is the name of the captain of the USS Charlotte?
(a) William Pickering.
(b) Harold Brown.
(c) Wailee Mangor.
(d) Michael Tolland.
9. What does the president want to know if Rachel shares her father's poor opinion of during their first meeting?
(c) Space exploration.
10. What does the president wish Rachel to do for his staff when he speaks with her over video link?
(a) Impress them.
(b) Brief them.
(c) Encourage them.
(d) Lie to them.
11. What is the name of the submarine that rescues Rachel, Michael, and Corky form the ocean in Chapter 61?
(a) USS Louise.
(b) USS Sparta.
(c) USS Charlotte.
(d) USS Alabama.
12. What are Rachel and the others given once onboard the submarine to warm their bodies?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Warm socks.
(c) A shot of adrenaline.
(d) New clothes.
13. Where is Rachel shot when the Delta Force attacks her and the scientists at the Milne Ice Shelf?
(a) The leg.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The arm.
(d) The neck.
14. What do the scientists see an obvious outline of in the extraction pit of the glacier after using the GPR?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A sled.
(d) A human body.
15. What does Rachel have in her pocket that will tell the truth about the meteorite if they die in the ocean?
(a) A water sample.
(b) The GPR .
(c) A picture.
(d) The rock sample.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Tench give Gabrielle to decide to come public with her affair with Senator Sexton?
2. Who tells Gabrielle that she has been providing her with the NASA data she was giving to Senator Sexton?
3. What does Ming realize is breaking away when he feels a large vibration beneath his feet in the habisphere?
4. Who notices Marjorie acting angrily on the phone just before the president's press conference?
5. What is the name of the world-renowned astrophysicist hired by the president to verify the meteorite?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)