|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are in a storm tent and call themselves Delta?
2. What does the Delta Force put down Norah's throat in Chapter 51?
(c) A gun.
3. What is Rachel careful to give only when speaking with William Pickering on the phone in Chapter 71?
(a) The facts.
4. Who notices Marjorie acting angrily on the phone just before the president's press conference?
(a) William Pickering.
(c) The president.
5. What does Ming try to get that causes him to fall in the water?
(a) A closer look.
(b) A picture.
(c) He jumps into the water.
(d) A water sample.
6. Who does Marjorie call just before the president's press conference?
(a) Sedgwick Sexton.
(b) William Pickering.
(c) Lawrence Ekstrom.
(d) Michael Tolland.
7. What have the Delta Force been authorized to protect regarding the Milne Ice Shelf?
(a) Its location.
(b) Its secrets.
(c) Its composition.
(d) Its lies.
8. What does the president want to know if Rachel shares her father's poor opinion of during their first meeting?
(d) Space exploration.
9. What does Rachel tell the president's staff about the information she will tell them?
(a) It is true and unbiased.
(b) It will be sketchy.
(c) It will be quick.
(d) It is honest.
10. What goes into Ming's eye that causes him to fall into the water and drown?
(b) The microbot.
(c) A spear.
11. What is the name of the well-known oceanographer with a highly popular weekly television show?
(a) Norah Mangor.
(b) Corky Marlinson.
(c) Wailee Ming.
(d) Michael Tolland.
12. How many civilian scientists had President Herney enlisted to ensure NASA's discovery was accurate?
13. According to the controller, in how many hours does will important information would go public in Chapter 15?
14. Where is Gabrielle instructed to meet her NASA informant at the White House?
(a) The West Gate.
(b) The East Gate
(c) The South Door.
(d) The North Door.
15. Who takes the call for the president from Rachel when she calls from the submarine?
(a) Gabrielle Ashe.
(b) Sedgwick Sexton.
(c) Marjorie Trench.
(d) William Pickering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captain of the USS Charlotte?
2. At how many feet is the helicopter when the doctor and his dogs are pushed out in the prologue?
3. What is name of Rachel's boss?
4. What does Rachel say would be hurt for the meteorite discovery if one part of the findings comes into question?
5. What is the name of Senator Sexton's campaign assistant?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)