|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the content editor for ABC who is a friend of Gabrielle?
(a) Michael Tolland.
(b) Norah Mangor.
(c) Celia Ekstrom.
(d) Yolanda Cole.
2. Where does Rachel meet with the president in Chapter 6?
(a) Air Force One.
(b) The movies.
(c) The Oval Office.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What does Michael take from the sled to save him, Rachel and Corky?
(a) A parachute.
(b) A Mylar fabric balloon.
(c) A sled.
(d) A gun.
4. What does Norah say did not pick up any change in density when testing the meteorite for salinity?
5. What does Tench believe will just be a bonus to ensure Herney wins the presidency?
(a) Sexton taking bribes.
(b) Gabrielle admitting her affair with Sexton.
(c) The meteorite finding.
(d) Rachel dying.
6. What does an inside source tell Yolanda that the president's press conference is related to in Chapter 65?
(a) An affair.
7. What does Ming try to get that causes him to fall in the water?
(a) A closer look.
(b) He jumps into the water.
(c) A picture.
(d) A water sample.
8. What is the name of the president of the United States in the book?
(a) William Pickering.
(b) Sedgwick Sexton.
(c) Zackary Herney.
(d) Charles Brophy.
9. How does Rachel describe the news of the meteorite?
(d) Most exciting.
10. Who does Ekstrom take a call from at the end of Chapter 75?
(a) Marjorie Tench.
(b) Michael Tolland.
(c) William Pickering.
(d) The president.
11. What does Rachel develop a fear of as a child?
(c) Open water.
12. What does Rachel say would be hurt for the meteorite discovery if one part of the findings comes into question?
(a) Its honesty.
(b) Its credibility.
(c) The positive impact.
(d) The funding.
13. In what year do the scientists believe the meteorite to have fallen?
14. What have the Delta Force been authorized to protect regarding the Milne Ice Shelf?
(a) Its secrets.
(b) Its lies.
(c) Its composition.
(d) Its location.
15. What does Rachel realize she has been shot with when the Delta Force attacks her and the scientists at the Milne Ice Shelf?
(a) Metal bullets.
(b) Ice bullets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does GPR stand for that is used by the scientists to see if the glacier has saltwater?
2. What does the person using the ax on the ice hope to send a message to?
3. Who takes the call for the president from Rachel when she calls from the submarine?
4. Who tells Gabrielle that she has been providing her with the NASA data she was giving to Senator Sexton?
5. What does Gabrielle's friend say she is most concerned about regarding Gabrielle's decision to come forward with her affair with Senator Sexton?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)