|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Senator Sexton not blame after the president has made his announcement about the meteorite discovery in a press conference?
(b) The president.
(d) Marjorie Tench.
2. What does the person using the ax on the ice hope to send a message to?
(a) Someone on the glacier.
(b) Underwater divers.
(c) NRO's oceanic listening system.
(d) Nearby boats.
3. Who does Marjorie call just before the president's press conference?
(a) Lawrence Ekstrom.
(b) William Pickering.
(c) Sedgwick Sexton.
(d) Michael Tolland.
4. What does Rachel realize she has been shot with when the Delta Force attacks her and the scientists at the Milne Ice Shelf?
(a) Metal bullets.
(c) Ice bullets.
5. What does Gabrielle find a coincidence regarding a meteor suddenly appearing while talking with Chris Harper at NASA?
(a) That is would be discovered twice in the same week.
(b) That it would exist.
(c) That someone could find it in the ocean.
(d) That it had a fossil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel do that helps the hatch open of the Triton to help her escape?
2. Where is Gabriel heading at the end of Chapter 50?
3. What is the name of the doctor that is on a dog sled in the prologue?
4. How many people in the world does Michael's worker say would have noticed the error in his television broadcast in the phone message?
5. Where does Marjorie Tench agree to meet William Pickering in Chapter 80?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)