|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the codename of Ryan's planned military operation to counter the Japanese attacks?
2. What event does JAL pilot Torajiro Sato witness while in flight from Saipan?
(a) Japanese fighters being shot down in huge numbers.
(b) The launch of a nuclear missile.
(c) His brother's ship being destroyed by an American sub.
(d) The Stennis approaching the Marianas.
3. The Russians come up with what unexpected ally in Japan?
(a) A civilian contractor.
(b) A turncoat military officer.
(c) A Chinese diplomat.
(d) A friendly ministry official.
4. How are the Japanese air defenses destroyed?
(a) They are drawn away from the shore and attacked.
(b) They are sabotaged.
(c) They are drawn low to low altitudes and blown away by U.S. destroyers.
(d) They are shot down in furious air-to-air "dog-fighting."
5. What does Durling insist on as a term in the negotiations with Japan?
(a) Japan must disarm its nuclear weapons.
(b) Japan must return the Marianas.
(c) Japan must disarm its military.
(d) Japan must admit to war crimes in violation of the Geneva Convention.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Japanese attacks, what is the U.S. stance on the India situation?
2. Jack Ryan realizes that which of the following is the key to deciding on a response to the Japanese attacks?
3. While Ryan's operation is planned, what target do Clark and Chavez destroy?
4. Why does Yamata arrange for Koga to be kidnapped?
5. What targets do the Comanche helicopters destroy in Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Yamata's reaction to the American counter-attack?
2. How do the initial negotiations with the Japanese proceed?
3. What do Durling and Ryan ask the major news networks to do?
4. How does Durling resolve the political crisis of Kealty's legal problems?
5. Explain Ryan's plan for saving the U.S. and European economies.
6. How does Ryan hope to achieve surprise in launching the carrier Stennis?
7. How are the Japanese air defenses destroyed?
8. How does the U.S. cause India to capitulate?
9. What leads to Yamata's kidnapping of Koga?
10. What is the outcome of Ryan's plan for saving the U.S. and European economies?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)