|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many military personnel are transported to an air base in Russia?
(a) One hundred.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Five hundred.
2. What does Boris Scherenko agree to do?
(a) Help find Koga.
(b) Steal Japanese military plans.
(c) Betray the U.S. operatives in Japan.
(d) Kill Koga.
3. What do the aircraft from the Stennis do in the Marianas?
(a) Engage Japanese aircraft.
(b) Evacuate Americans.
(c) Bomb key military targets.
(d) Take reconnaissance photos.
4. According to Ryan's information, what is the "northern resource area"?
5. What special operations force is readied for an undisclosed mission as part of Ryan's military operation?
(a) Green Berets.
(b) Marine Recon Snipers.
(d) Navy Seals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does JAL pilot Torajiro Sato witness while in flight from Saipan?
2. What instructions is Rear Admiral Jackson given as part of Ryan's military operation?
3. What targets do the Comanche helicopters destroy in Japan?
4. Jack Ryan realizes that which of the following is the key to deciding on a response to the Japanese attacks?
5. What does Kealty agree to do after a meeting with Durling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What troubling things does JAL pilot Torajiro Sato witness?
2. Explain Ryan's plan for saving the U.S. and European economies.
3. Explain the arrangement suggested by both Nagumo and the Japanese ambassador.
4. What measures are taken to prevent further crisis in the U.S. markets? Why are these measures somewhat ineffective?
5. How does Nomuri react to being asked to leave the intelligence "game"?
6. How is Chris Cook's betrayal discovered?
7. As part of Ryan's plan, what naval assets are immediately dispatched against Japan and what is their mission?
8. What information and resources do the Americans have in trying to locate Koga?
9. What is the tactical situation in the Indian Ocean just after the Japanese attacks?
10. How does Yamata intend to manipulate the vote over which nation Saipan wishes to be a part of?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)