|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Japanese ambassador demand in exchange for an end to hostilities?
(a) The Marianas islands.
(b) The repeal of the Trade Reform Act.
(c) The Hawaiian islands.
(d) U.S. military disarmament.
2. Winston realizes that Yamata effectively orchestrated a destabilization of the world market through what means?
(a) By controlling U.S. gold reserves.
(b) By short-selling U.S. banks.
(c) By destroying confidence in the U.S. dollar.
(d) Manipulating the European markets.
3. What causes equipment and glass panes to break on some of Chandraskatta's destroyers?
(a) Warning shots from U.S. ships.
(b) A sudden storm.
(c) An unexplained explosion.
(d) Sonic booms from low-flying U.S. aircraft.
4. How many missile sites do the bombers from Elmendorf Air Force Base destroy?
(a) Fifteen sites.
(b) Eighteen sites.
(c) Three sites.
(d) Eight sites.
5. What resource do the Pentagon and the Defense Department come up with for the military effort against Japan?
(a) The frequency of Japanese radio communication.
(b) Inactive stores of munitions.
(c) Five submarines.
(d) Detailed information on Japan's military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ryan devises a plan to save the U.S. economy after remembering something that which of the following people often says?
2. Who does George Winston contact in order to help make sense of what he knows of Yamata's involvement in the U.S. economic crisis?
3. The Russians come up with what unexpected ally in Japan?
4. The Americans search for the Japanese nuclear weapons with which primary tactic?
5. How are the Rangers inserted in Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Chris Cook's betrayal discovered?
2. Explain the arrangement suggested by both Nagumo and the Japanese ambassador.
3. What complications at home force Ryan to act quickly in forming a plan, and keep much of it secret?
4. What is Yamata's reaction to the American counter-attack?
5. What is the outcome of Ryan's plan for saving the U.S. and European economies?
6. What measures are taken to prevent further crisis in the U.S. markets? Why are these measures somewhat ineffective?
7. What leads to Yamata's kidnapping of Koga?
8. As part of Ryan's plan, what naval assets are immediately dispatched against Japan and what is their mission?
9. Describe the entire mission carried out by the U.S. Rangers in Japan.
10. What information and resources do the Americans have in trying to locate Koga?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)