|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yamata arrange for Koga to be kidnapped?
(a) In order to use him as a hostage.
(b) He has discovered the U.S. is in contact with him.
(c) He retains a personal vendetta against Koga.
(d) He fears Koga is up to something.
2. What is the Defense Department's assessment of U.S. military capabilities?
(a) A forced entry assault is not feasible.
(b) Any offensive actions are impossible.
(c) The U.S. cannot match Japanese airpower.
(d) The U.S. will lose a naval war against Japan.
3. What instructions is Rear Admiral Jackson given as part of Ryan's military operation?
(a) He should target Japanese radar sites.
(b) He should hunt and engage enemy submarines.
(c) He should use specific islands for flight operations.
(d) He should avoid enemy contact at all costs.
4. What do the aircraft from the Stennis do in the Marianas?
(a) Engage Japanese aircraft.
(b) Bomb key military targets.
(c) Take reconnaissance photos.
(d) Evacuate Americans.
5. What is Cook able to offer for Nagumo during the negotiations in Washington?
(a) Easing the new trade law restrictions.
(b) Sit-down talks with the President.
(c) Preferable access to U.S. oil in Alaska.
(d) Half of the Marianas islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the bombers from Elmendorf Air Force Base destroy, besides the missile sites?
2. What resource do the Pentagon and the Defense Department come up with for the military effort against Japan?
3. What targets do the Comanche helicopters destroy in Japan?
4. What is Admiral Dubro ordered to do while the attack on Japan is underway?
5. After the Japanese attacks, what strategic advantage has Admiral Chandraskatta achieved in his maneuvers against Admiral Dubro in the Indian Ocean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tactical situation in the Indian Ocean just after the Japanese attacks?
2. What measures are taken to prevent further crisis in the U.S. markets? Why are these measures somewhat ineffective?
3. What complications at home force Ryan to act quickly in forming a plan, and keep much of it secret?
4. What do Durling and Ryan ask the major news networks to do?
5. How does the U.S. cause India to capitulate?
6. Explain Ryan's plan for saving the U.S. and European economies.
7. What information and resources do the Americans have in trying to locate Koga?
8. How does Durling resolve the political crisis of Kealty's legal problems?
9. How does Ryan hope to achieve surprise in launching the carrier Stennis?
10. Explain the arrangement suggested by both Nagumo and the Japanese ambassador.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)