|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the members of Japanese consulates deceived as part of Ryan's military operation?
(a) They are "accidentally" shown false naval orders.
(b) They are told that the U.S. has no functional submarines.
(c) They are shown both carriers under repair.
(d) They are told there is a secret project at Pearl Harbor.
2. Following the economic crisis, what action does George Winston take at Columbus Group?
(a) He orders an audit of the company's records.
(b) He orders every employee to trace every trade made on Friday.
(c) He lays off most of the staff.
(d) He closes down all of the regional offices.
3. Why does Cook provide additional information to Nagumo?
(a) In exchange for more money.
(b) He embraced the Japanese cause.
(c) He doesn't realize what he's saying.
(d) In order to "save" himself.
4. About how many military personnel are transported to an air base in Russia?
(b) One thousand.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
5. What do Goto and the zaibatsu encourage Japanese citizens to do shortly after the surprise attacks?
(a) Establish residency in Saipan.
(b) Enlist in the army.
(c) Prepare for war.
(d) Leave U.S. territories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Defense Department's assessment of U.S. military capabilities?
2. How are the Japanese air defenses destroyed?
3. After Ryan's plan is implemented, what is the first move of large traders when the U.S. markets re-open?
4. While Ryan's operation is planned, what target do Clark and Chavez destroy?
5. Ryan devises a plan to save the U.S. economy after remembering something that which of the following people often says?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Ryan's plan for saving the U.S. and European economies.
2. What leads to Yamata's kidnapping of Koga?
3. What does Ryan believe about Japan's goal ?
4. What is the outcome of Ryan's plan for saving the U.S. and European economies?
5. As part of Ryan's plan, what naval assets are immediately dispatched against Japan and what is their mission?
6. What troubling things does JAL pilot Torajiro Sato witness?
7. How are the Japanese air defenses destroyed?
8. How do the initial negotiations with the Japanese proceed?
9. Explain the arrangement suggested by both Nagumo and the Japanese ambassador.
10. How does Ryan hope to achieve surprise in launching the carrier Stennis?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)