|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the Monday after the US economic collapse in European markets?
(a) Investors short-buy U.S. banks through intermediaries.
(b) U.S. companies are sold heavily.
(c) Precious metals are traded rapidly at high prices.
(d) U.S. T-bills are sold at low prices.
2. How are the members of Japanese consulates deceived as part of Ryan's military operation?
(a) They are "accidentally" shown false naval orders.
(b) They are told there is a secret project at Pearl Harbor.
(c) They are shown both carriers under repair.
(d) They are told that the U.S. has no functional submarines.
3. What do the Pentagon and the Defense Department determine can be done with one of the damaged carriers?
(a) It can be made sea-worthy quickly.
(b) It can be put to sea immediately.
(c) It can still function as an amphibious carrier.
(d) It can be converted to a support ship.
4. What targets do the Comanche helicopters destroy in Japan?
(a) Japanese industrial facilities.
(b) The Japanese stock markets.
(c) The nuclear missile launch sites.
(d) The homes of prominent ziabatsu.
5. After the Japanese attacks, what is the U.S. stance on the India situation?
(a) The U.S. will only protect its strategic allies in the Indian Ocean.
(b) U.S. naval forces will withdraw from the Indian Ocean.
(c) The U.S. will oppose any aggression against Sri Lanka.
(d) The U.S. cuts all diplomatic ties with India.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many missile sites do the bombers from Elmendorf Air Force Base destroy?
2. Ron Jones believes that the Japanese nuclear weapons must have been moved using which of the following?
3. What agency is called to deal with Cook's apparent betrayal?
4. How are the Rangers inserted in Japan?
5. What do Asian banks exchange their U.S. treasury bills for when their markets open the Monday after the U.S. economic collapse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Ryan's plan for saving the U.S. and European economies.
2. How does Ryan hope to achieve surprise in launching the carrier Stennis?
3. What does Isamu Kimura agree to help the U.S. and the Russians with? How is he convinced of the rightness of his actions?
4. How are the Japanese air defenses destroyed?
5. Describe the entire mission carried out by the U.S. Rangers in Japan.
6. What leads to Yamata's kidnapping of Koga?
7. What do Durling and Ryan ask the major news networks to do?
8. As part of Ryan's plan, what naval assets are immediately dispatched against Japan and what is their mission?
9. How does Nomuri react to being asked to leave the intelligence "game"?
10. How is Chris Cook's betrayal discovered?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)