|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good news does Ryan receive during the early planning of his military operations?
(a) Clark and Chavez are safe.
(b) Both U.S. carriers are operational.
(c) The nuclear weapons have been located.
(d) Yamata has been found.
2. Ron Jones believes that the Japanese nuclear weapons must have been moved using which of the following?
(c) Light trucks.
(d) Small ships.
3. What does Ryan believe Japan's ultimate goal is?
(a) Hegemony over all of Asia.
(b) Occupation of all U.S. islands.
(c) Resource independence.
(d) Reparations for WWII.
4. What distraction is created in order to cover the three Comanche helicopters?
(a) Russian military exercises near Korea.
(b) Fighter planes from Alaska.
(c) Radio chaff.
(d) A radio-decoy fleet.
5. Following the economic crisis, what action does George Winston take at Columbus Group?
(a) He closes down all of the regional offices.
(b) He orders an audit of the company's records.
(c) He lays off most of the staff.
(d) He orders every employee to trace every trade made on Friday.
6. The U.S. military planning in response to the Japanese attack revolves mostly around which of the following?
(a) Finding and destroying the Japanese fleet.
(b) Attacking the Japanese home-islands.
(c) Retaking the Marianas.
(d) Securing all U.S. naval bases in the Pacific.
7. What does Durling insist on as a term in the negotiations with Japan?
(a) Japan must return the Marianas.
(b) Japan must disarm its military.
(c) Japan must admit to war crimes in violation of the Geneva Convention.
(d) Japan must disarm its nuclear weapons.
8. How do Durling and Ryan convince all the major news agencies to carry false stories about the progress of repairs on the aircraft carriers?
(a) Appeals to their professional honor.
(b) Appeals to their nationalism.
(d) Persuasion and threats.
9. In the aftermath of the U.S. economic crisis, which of the following currencies is seen as strong and stable?
(a) The yen.
(b) The rupi.
(c) The euro.
(d) The yuan.
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the advantages that the five submarines used to monitor Japanese naval movements have?
(a) They have advanced and accurate torpedoes.
(b) They are faster than most surface ships.
(c) They can easily detect other ships.
(d) They are difficult to detect.
11. After the Japanese attacks, what strategic advantage has Admiral Chandraskatta achieved in his maneuvers against Admiral Dubro in the Indian Ocean?
(a) He cut the Americans off from their bases and supplies.
(b) He separated the American forces.
(c) He achieved numerical superiority over the Americans.
(d) He pushed the Americans away from Sri Lanka.
12. What is the Rangers' initial mission?
(a) Find and rescue Koga.
(b) Sabotage the Japanese carriers.
(c) Find and kill Yamata.
(d) Assist the three Comanche helicopters.
13. Jack Ryan realizes that which of the following is the key to deciding on a response to the Japanese attacks?
(a) Understanding Japan's goals.
(b) Gauging the willingness of Japan to enter a real war.
(c) Preventing Japan from gaining intelligence on the U.S.
(d) Gathering military intelligence on Japan.
14. While Ryan's operation is planned, how do Clark and Chavez destroy their target?
(a) Small plastic explosives.
(d) With the new light-ray weapon.
15. What instructions is Rear Admiral Jackson given as part of Ryan's military operation?
(a) He should use specific islands for flight operations.
(b) He should avoid enemy contact at all costs.
(c) He should hunt and engage enemy submarines.
(d) He should target Japanese radar sites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ryan devises a plan to save the U.S. economy after remembering something that which of the following people often says?
2. What is Admiral Dubro ordered to do while the attack on Japan is underway?
3. What is the name of the class of the five submarines used to monitor Japanese naval movements?
4. How many missile sites do the bombers from Elmendorf Air Force Base destroy?
5. What information does Nomuri give to Clark and Chavez?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)