|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes equipment and glass panes to break on some of Chandraskatta's destroyers?
(a) A sudden storm.
(b) Warning shots from U.S. ships.
(c) An unexplained explosion.
(d) Sonic booms from low-flying U.S. aircraft.
2. Following the economic crisis, what action does George Winston take at Columbus Group?
(a) He orders every employee to trace every trade made on Friday.
(b) He lays off most of the staff.
(c) He orders an audit of the company's records.
(d) He closes down all of the regional offices.
3. What is the name of the U.S. carrier undergoing rapid repairs to make it seaworthy quickly?
4. What distraction is created in order to cover the three Comanche helicopters?
(a) Fighter planes from Alaska.
(b) Russian military exercises near Korea.
(c) A radio-decoy fleet.
(d) Radio chaff.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the advantages that the five submarines used to monitor Japanese naval movements have?
(a) They can easily detect other ships.
(b) They are faster than most surface ships.
(c) They have advanced and accurate torpedoes.
(d) They are difficult to detect.
6. What does Ryan believe Japan's ultimate goal is?
(a) Resource independence.
(b) Occupation of all U.S. islands.
(c) Reparations for WWII.
(d) Hegemony over all of Asia.
7. What advantage does Nagumo say he has over Cook?
(d) Diplomatic immunity.
8. What targets do the Comanche helicopters destroy in Japan?
(a) The Japanese stock markets.
(b) The homes of prominent ziabatsu.
(c) Japanese industrial facilities.
(d) The nuclear missile launch sites.
9. What resource do the Pentagon and the Defense Department come up with for the military effort against Japan?
(a) Detailed information on Japan's military.
(b) Inactive stores of munitions.
(c) Five submarines.
(d) The frequency of Japanese radio communication.
10. Who does George Winston contact in order to help make sense of what he knows of Yamata's involvement in the U.S. economic crisis?
11. What do the aircraft from the Stennis do in the Marianas?
(a) Take reconnaissance photos.
(b) Evacuate Americans.
(c) Bomb key military targets.
(d) Engage Japanese aircraft.
12. Jack Ryan realizes that which of the following is the key to deciding on a response to the Japanese attacks?
(a) Gathering military intelligence on Japan.
(b) Gauging the willingness of Japan to enter a real war.
(c) Understanding Japan's goals.
(d) Preventing Japan from gaining intelligence on the U.S.
13. Where is Koga brought when Yamata's henchmen kidnap him?
(a) A secluded cabin in the wilderness.
(b) An unused prison.
(c) Yamata's apartment.
(d) A hidden military facility.
14. How are the three Comanche helicopters refueled over the Pacific?
(a) By Russian aircraft.
(b) By a refueling plane from the Stennis.
(c) By one of the Ohio-class submarines.
(d) By the Stennis.
15. Following the economic crisis, what action does the Federal Reserve take to help banks?
(a) It promises to cover the loses of the companies that were hit hardest.
(b) It offers its resources in examining the cause of the crisis.
(c) It promises to loan any money that is needed.
(d) It lowers the prime interest rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russians come up with what unexpected ally in Japan?
2. While Ryan's operation is planned, how do Clark and Chavez destroy their target?
3. Ryan devises a plan to save the U.S. economy after remembering something that which of the following people often says?
4. After the Japanese attacks, what strategic advantage has Admiral Chandraskatta achieved in his maneuvers against Admiral Dubro in the Indian Ocean?
5. How does the Prime Minister of India renounce an alliance with Japan?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)