|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the three Comanche helicopters refueled over the Pacific?
(a) By Russian aircraft.
(b) By one of the Ohio-class submarines.
(c) By the Stennis.
(d) By a refueling plane from the Stennis.
2. Where are Clark and Chavez hiding out while Ryan's operation is planned?
(a) A rural home.
(b) A hostel.
(c) A motel.
(d) A barn.
3. Ron Jones believes that the Japanese nuclear weapons must have been moved using which of the following?
(b) Small ships.
(c) Light trucks.
4. How are the members of Japanese consulates deceived as part of Ryan's military operation?
(a) They are shown both carriers under repair.
(b) They are told that the U.S. has no functional submarines.
(c) They are "accidentally" shown false naval orders.
(d) They are told there is a secret project at Pearl Harbor.
5. After Ryan's plan is implemented, what is the first move of large traders when the U.S. markets re-open?
(a) They buy U.S. Treasuries.
(b) They short-sell Japanese companies.
(c) They sell their interests in precious metals.
(d) The sell all of their Japanese holdings.
6. What resource do the Pentagon and the Defense Department come up with for the military effort against Japan?
(a) Five submarines.
(b) The frequency of Japanese radio communication.
(c) Inactive stores of munitions.
(d) Detailed information on Japan's military.
7. What does Boris Scherenko agree to do?
(a) Kill Koga.
(b) Help find Koga.
(c) Steal Japanese military plans.
(d) Betray the U.S. operatives in Japan.
8. While Ryan's operation is planned, how do Clark and Chavez destroy their target?
(b) Small plastic explosives.
(d) With the new light-ray weapon.
9. Why does Yamata arrange for Koga to be kidnapped?
(a) He retains a personal vendetta against Koga.
(b) He fears Koga is up to something.
(c) He has discovered the U.S. is in contact with him.
(d) In order to use him as a hostage.
10. What happens the Monday after the US economic collapse in European markets?
(a) U.S. T-bills are sold at low prices.
(b) U.S. companies are sold heavily.
(c) Investors short-buy U.S. banks through intermediaries.
(d) Precious metals are traded rapidly at high prices.
11. Winston realizes that Yamata effectively orchestrated a destabilization of the world market through what means?
(a) By short-selling U.S. banks.
(b) By controlling U.S. gold reserves.
(c) Manipulating the European markets.
(d) By destroying confidence in the U.S. dollar.
12. While Ryan's operation is planned, what target do Clark and Chavez destroy?
(a) Two Japanese air defense planes.
(b) A military rail car.
(c) A Japanese tank.
(d) An observation bunker.
13. What instructions is Rear Admiral Jackson given as part of Ryan's military operation?
(a) He should use specific islands for flight operations.
(b) He should target Japanese radar sites.
(c) He should avoid enemy contact at all costs.
(d) He should hunt and engage enemy submarines.
14. What mysterious term does Nomuri overhear in a ziabatsu-frequented bathhouse?
(a) "Absolute control doctrine."
(b) "Northern resource area."
(c) "Strategic naval zone."
(d) "Engagement direction official."
15. What does Ryan believe Japan's ultimate goal is?
(a) Resource independence.
(b) Occupation of all U.S. islands.
(c) Reparations for WWII.
(d) Hegemony over all of Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rangers sent to Japan are given false papers identifying them as being of what nationality?
2. What targets do the Comanche helicopters destroy in Japan?
3. An airbase on which island is important to the U.S. strategy that Ryan and the others develop?
4. What does Kealty agree to do after a meeting with Durling?
5. What information does Nomuri give to Clark and Chavez?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)