|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many planes are in the bomber group dispatched from Elemendorf Air Force Base?
(a) Three planes.
(b) Twelve planes.
(c) Fifteen planes.
(d) Seven planes.
2. While Ryan's operation is planned, how do Clark and Chavez destroy their target?
(b) With the new light-ray weapon.
(c) Small plastic explosives.
3. The Rangers sent to Japan are given false papers identifying them as being of what nationality?
4. The Americans search for the Japanese nuclear weapons with which primary tactic?
(a) Japanese shipping logs.
(b) Direct reconnaissance.
(c) Satallite photographs.
(d) Intelligence reports.
5. Winston realizes that Yamata effectively orchestrated a destabilization of the world market through what means?
(a) By controlling U.S. gold reserves.
(b) By destroying confidence in the U.S. dollar.
(c) Manipulating the European markets.
(d) By short-selling U.S. banks.
6. What event does JAL pilot Torajiro Sato witness while in flight from Saipan?
(a) Japanese fighters being shot down in huge numbers.
(b) His brother's ship being destroyed by an American sub.
(c) The launch of a nuclear missile.
(d) The Stennis approaching the Marianas.
7. What vehicles are sent along with military personnel to an air base in Russia?
(a) Two C130 gunships.
(b) Three Comanche helicopters.
(c) Ten armored personnel carriers.
(d) A squadron of tanks.
8. Where is Koga brought when Yamata's henchmen kidnap him?
(a) A hidden military facility.
(b) A secluded cabin in the wilderness.
(c) An unused prison.
(d) Yamata's apartment.
9. About how many military personnel are transported to an air base in Russia?
(a) One hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Five hundred.
10. What information does Nomuri give to Clark and Chavez?
(a) Information on Goto's connection to Yamata.
(b) Japanese military codes.
(c) The name of the man who killed Kimberly Norton.
(d) Yamata's address and movements.
11. What does Yamata order the Japanese carriers in the Marianas to do?
(a) Destroy the Stennis.
(b) Hold their positions at all costs.
(c) Bomb the civilian population.
(d) Retreat and defend the home islands.
12. What happens the Monday after the US economic collapse in European markets?
(a) Investors short-buy U.S. banks through intermediaries.
(b) U.S. companies are sold heavily.
(c) U.S. T-bills are sold at low prices.
(d) Precious metals are traded rapidly at high prices.
13. Why does Yamata arrange for Koga to be kidnapped?
(a) In order to use him as a hostage.
(b) He has discovered the U.S. is in contact with him.
(c) He retains a personal vendetta against Koga.
(d) He fears Koga is up to something.
14. What agency is called to deal with Cook's apparent betrayal?
(a) The Justice Department.
(b) The Defense Department.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
15. What do Clark and Chavez tell Nomuri to do after the Japanese attacks?
(a) Travel back to America.
(b) Return to normal life in Japan and back off of his contacts.
(c) Intercept Japanese communications.
(d) Find as much information about military movements as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Ryan's operation is planned, what target do Clark and Chavez destroy?
2. What is Cook able to offer for Nagumo during the negotiations in Washington?
3. The U.S. military planning in response to the Japanese attack revolves mostly around which of the following?
4. Ryan devises a plan to save the U.S. economy after remembering something that which of the following people often says?
5. Jack Ryan realizes that which of the following is the key to deciding on a response to the Japanese attacks?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)