|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Winston do as part of Ryan's plan?
(a) He organizes the U.S. side of the plan.
(b) He raises a huge amount of capital for the plan.
(c) He convinces European banks to go along with the plan.
(d) He helps merge several banks as part of the plan.
2. What good news does Ryan receive during the early planning of his military operations?
(a) Yamata has been found.
(b) The nuclear weapons have been located.
(c) Clark and Chavez are safe.
(d) Both U.S. carriers are operational.
3. Ryan devises a plan to save the U.S. economy after remembering something that which of the following people often says?
(d) His wife.
4. Why does Yamata arrange for Koga to be kidnapped?
(a) In order to use him as a hostage.
(b) He retains a personal vendetta against Koga.
(c) He has discovered the U.S. is in contact with him.
(d) He fears Koga is up to something.
5. What does Ryan do with Cook after their initial meetings?
(a) He promotes him.
(b) He places surveillance on him.
(c) He fires him.
(d) He becomes good friends with him.
6. Who does George Winston contact in order to help make sense of what he knows of Yamata's involvement in the U.S. economic crisis?
7. Where are Clark and Chavez hiding out while Ryan's operation is planned?
(a) A rural home.
(b) A hostel.
(c) A barn.
(d) A motel.
8. What instructions is Rear Admiral Jackson given as part of Ryan's military operation?
(a) He should target Japanese radar sites.
(b) He should hunt and engage enemy submarines.
(c) He should use specific islands for flight operations.
(d) He should avoid enemy contact at all costs.
9. How are the three Comanche helicopters refueled over the Pacific?
(a) By one of the Ohio-class submarines.
(b) By a refueling plane from the Stennis.
(c) By the Stennis.
(d) By Russian aircraft.
10. What event does JAL pilot Torajiro Sato witness while in flight from Saipan?
(a) The launch of a nuclear missile.
(b) Japanese fighters being shot down in huge numbers.
(c) His brother's ship being destroyed by an American sub.
(d) The Stennis approaching the Marianas.
11. What is Admiral Dubro ordered to do while the attack on Japan is underway?
(a) Ready combat air patrols.
(b) Put all of his Marine forces ashore in Sri Lanka.
(c) Attack the Indian Navy.
(d) Move within sight of the Indian Navy.
12. How are the Japanese air defenses destroyed?
(a) They are drawn away from the shore and attacked.
(b) They are shot down in furious air-to-air "dog-fighting."
(c) They are drawn low to low altitudes and blown away by U.S. destroyers.
(d) They are sabotaged.
13. An airbase on which island is important to the U.S. strategy that Ryan and the others develop?
14. What does Boris Scherenko agree to do?
(a) Help find Koga.
(b) Kill Koga.
(c) Steal Japanese military plans.
(d) Betray the U.S. operatives in Japan.
15. How do Durling and Ryan convince all the major news agencies to carry false stories about the progress of repairs on the aircraft carriers?
(a) Persuasion and threats.
(b) Appeals to their nationalism.
(d) Appeals to their professional honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Clark and Chavez tell Nomuri to do after the Japanese attacks?
2. What does Durling insist on as a term in the negotiations with Japan?
3. What happens the Monday after the US economic collapse in European markets?
4. What targets do the Comanche helicopters destroy in Japan?
5. How are the Rangers inserted in Japan?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)