|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The war games principally involve what type of forces?
2. Why does Yamata tell Goto that he must get rid of his American mistress?
(a) The relationship could be politically disastrous.
(b) She could be a spy.
(c) The relationship is not traditional.
(d) She is untrustworthy.
3. What is a Cresta?
(a) A type of personal aircraft.
(b) A new engine model.
(c) A Japanese car brand.
(d) An American based Japanese company.
4. What does NTSB conclude about the cause of explosions during the Cresta accidents?
(a) The accidents were caused by sabotage.
(b) The accidents were caused by improperly treated and corroded steel.
(c) The accidents were caused by faulty spark-plugs.
(d) The accidents were caused by fuel-tank rusting from normal wear and tear.
5. What other island do Japanese troops take over in their first strikes?
6. How does the NTSB determine the cause of the Cresta accidents?
(a) They are coerced into making their statement.
(b) X-ray analysis and magnetic resonance imaging.
(c) They find incriminating evidence from the Japanese manufacter.
(d) Physical inspection and laboratory tests.
7. What does Ron Jones use to determine that the Japanese strike must have been intentional?
(a) Satellite imagery.
(b) A spy within the Japanese Navy.
(c) The positions of all ships at the time of the strike.
(d) Intercepted radio communications.
8. Why is the FBI trying to locate Kimberly Norton?
(a) She is a CIA operative.
(b) Her father is the friend of an agent.
(c) She is the daughter of a United States ambassador.
(d) She may be a spy for Japan.
9. Which of the following is most important in Yamata's plan to bring down America?
(a) International opinion.
10. What does Yamata discover about the Durling administration soon after Ryan and the U.S. President go to Moscow?
(a) Kealty accepted a large bribe.
(b) Murray is embezzling national defense funds.
(c) Durling is concealing U.S. military operations.
(d) Kealty is in legal trouble with the FBI.
11. What does Ryan realize about the U.S. military?
(a) It has been dramatically reduced in size.
(b) It has fallen behind technologically.
(c) It has become lax and complacent.
(d) It has become spread too thin across the globe.
12. What is Ron Jones' position in the U.S. Navy?
(a) Rear Admiral.
(b) Retired Admiral.
(c) Civilian contractor.
13. Where does Raizo Yamata buy land?
14. How does Nomuri find Kimberly Norton's home address?
(a) He breaks into an online database.
(b) He spies on her remotely using a drone.
(c) He follows her home.
(d) He tricks one of Goto's clerks.
15. Yamata seeks information on which of the following?
(a) U.S. nuclear launch codes.
(b) Military blueprints.
(c) U.S. trade agreements.
(d) Military deployments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Koga's resignation?
2. After his meeting with Searls in New York, where does Yamata travel to in order to meet with political and military leaders?
3. What is the state of Africa when the novel begins?
4. What do the Japanese troops do on Saipan?
5. What does Yamata intend to do with the new information he has gained about the Durling administration?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)