|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yamata is planning to refit the Russian missiles to carry what type of weapon?
(a) Biological weapons.
(b) Dirty bombs.
(c) Nuclear warheads.
(d) Nerve gas.
2. What do Goto and the zaibatsu encourage Japanese citizens to do shortly after the surprise attacks?
(a) Leave U.S. territories.
(b) Establish residency in Saipan.
(c) Prepare for war.
(d) Enlist in the army.
3. What does Ryan believe Japan's ultimate goal is?
(a) Occupation of all U.S. islands.
(b) Reparations for WWII.
(c) Hegemony over all of Asia.
(d) Resource independence.
4. What are Clark and Chavez ordered to do just as Kimberly Norton gets killed?
(a) Bring her into their spy ring.
(b) Give her vital information on Goto.
(c) Get information from her.
(d) Get her to safety.
5. What is the result of the initial Japanese strike against the U.S. Navy?
(a) Dozens of destroyers and a few cruisers are sunk.
(b) Three battleships are sunk.
(c) The U.S. fleet becomes totally disorganized.
(d) Two carriers are damaged and two subs are destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Koga's resignation?
2. What does Kealty agree to do after a meeting with Durling?
3. What precipitates the decline of U.S. financial and blue-chip stocks?
4. At the beginning of the novel, what job is Jack Ryan offered by President Durling?
5. What do the Pentagon and the Defense Department determine can be done with one of the damaged carriers?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)