|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other island do Japanese troops take over in their first strikes?
2. Who is Chavez able to contact in the U.S. from Saipan during the initial Japanese attacks?
(a) Rear Admiral Rob Jackson.
(b) Jack Ryan.
(c) Midway Station.
(d) The Coast Guard.
3. What do Japanese banks start investing in shortly after the Trade Reform Act is passed?
(a) U.S. Treasury notes.
(b) U.S. parts manufacturers.
(c) International commodities.
(d) International oil companies.
4. Why does Ryan find the investments of Asian banks unremarkable?
(a) The U.S. dollar is strong vs. the Japanese yen.
(b) U.S. companies are seeking capital.
(c) There are not many stable investments right now.
(d) The dollar is weak vs. most major currencies at the moment.
5. What is the CIA operative Chet Nomuri's mission?
(a) To gather information on the ziabatsu-Goto connection.
(b) To kill Yamata.
(c) To undermine Goto's campaign.
(d) To infiltrate and assassinate the ziabatsu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the current profession of the man Yamata contacts about the information about the Durling Administration?
2. When he arrives in America, Durling agrees to an urgent request for a meeting by whom?
3. How do the Cresta's tanks become rusted?
4. What is the official reason that U.S. communications are cut off in the Pacific during the Japanese attack?
5. What does Yamata discover about the Durling administration soon after Ryan and the U.S. President go to Moscow?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)