|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Trade Reform Act do?
(a) It mandates security measures and government regulation for fuel tanks.
(b) It allows the President to order the inspection of imported goods.
(c) It restricts trade with Japan.
(d) It places a tariff on Japanese goods.
2. What does Golovko want in exchange for his help?
(a) A diplomatic statement against Goto.
(b) Full disclosure of information on Yamata.
(c) Details on Kimberly Norton.
(d) Help with the Siberian issue.
3. What is the state of the Middle-East when the novel begins?
(a) Israel is being forced to cede land to Egypt.
(b) It is rife with sectarian and racial violence.
(c) It is relatively peaceful, many nations have non-aggression pacts.
(d) The Islamic sects are splitting apart.
4. Who leads the push for the Trade Reform Act?
(a) Representative Al Trent.
(b) Senator Leon Haney.
(c) Secretary Hatfield.
(d) Congressman Avery Combs.
5. Yamata is planning to refit the Russian missiles to carry what type of weapon?
(a) Dirty bombs.
(b) Biological weapons.
(c) Nerve gas.
(d) Nuclear warheads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cook able to acquire the information that Yamata is seeking?
2. What is the official reason that U.S. communications are cut off in the Pacific during the Japanese attack?
3. What do Japanese banks start investing in shortly after the Trade Reform Act is passed?
4. How are Yamata's missiles transported across Saipan?
5. In what way has Searls modified his program at Yamata's instruction?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)