|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the push for the Trade Reform Act?
(a) Congressman Avery Combs.
(b) Senator Leon Haney.
(c) Representative Al Trent.
(d) Secretary Hatfield.
2. Yamata seeks information on which of the following?
(a) U.S. nuclear launch codes.
(b) Military blueprints.
(c) Military deployments.
(d) U.S. trade agreements.
3. What is Russia paying a Japanese firm for in Siberia?
(a) To build an oil well.
(b) A geological study.
(c) Information on mineral resources.
(d) To dismantle missile silos.
4. What does Yamata do with the Columbus Investment Group?
(a) He causes its stock to plummet.
(b) He purchases controlling shares.
(c) He buys it in a hostile takeover.
(d) He secretly bankrupts it.
5. At the beginning of the novel, what job is Jack Ryan offered by President Durling?
(a) National Security Advisor.
(b) Defense Directives Chairman.
(c) Internal Security Commissioner.
(d) Secretary of Security Directives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cook able to acquire the information that Yamata is seeking?
2. Why do the President and Ryan go to Moscow soon after Kimberly Norton's death?
3. Why does Ryan find the investments of Asian banks unremarkable?
4. About how much has U.S. military power been reduced from its former capacity?
5. What does the commander of U.S. Navy forces in the Indian Ocean believe about the Indian Navy?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)