|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack Ryan's profession when the novel begins?
(a) Foreign ambassador.
(b) Security consultant.
(c) Investment banker.
(d) Day trader.
2. What is the first step in Yamata's plan for responding to the Trade Reform Act?
(a) To organize a boycott of American goods.
(b) To call for a tariff on American goods.
(c) To topple the current government.
(d) To cut off all trade with America.
3. What is the American reception of the new Crestas?
(a) They are turned down over cheaper models.
(b) They are slowly purchased by discerning buyers.
(c) They are quickly purchased by enthusiatic consumers.
(d) They only sell a small number initially.
4. Where does Yamata's contact, Seiji Nagumo work?
(a) The Japanese parliament.
(b) The Japanese state department.
(c) The Japanese Embassy in Washington.
(d) The Pentagon.
5. What is the state of India when the novel begins?
(a) It seized Tibet from China.
(b) Its navy is threatening Sri Lankan independence.
(c) It is suffering from famine and starvation.
(d) It is going through a major revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Koga's resignation?
2. Yamata seeks information on which of the following?
3. How does the NTSB determine the cause of the Cresta accidents?
4. What does NTSB conclude about the cause of explosions during the Cresta accidents?
5. What do Ryan and Durling intend to do about Kimberly's death?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)