|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first step in Yamata's plan for responding to the Trade Reform Act?
(a) To topple the current government.
(b) To call for a tariff on American goods.
(c) To cut off all trade with America.
(d) To organize a boycott of American goods.
2. What does Yamata discover about the Durling administration soon after Ryan and the U.S. President go to Moscow?
(a) Kealty is in legal trouble with the FBI.
(b) Murray is embezzling national defense funds.
(c) Durling is concealing U.S. military operations.
(d) Kealty accepted a large bribe.
3. Why does Ryan find the investments of Asian banks unremarkable?
(a) There are not many stable investments right now.
(b) The U.S. dollar is strong vs. the Japanese yen.
(c) U.S. companies are seeking capital.
(d) The dollar is weak vs. most major currencies at the moment.
4. About how much has U.S. military power been reduced from its former capacity?
(a) By 20 percent.
(b) By 80 percent.
(c) By about one third.
(d) By about one half.
5. Which of the following is most important in Yamata's plan to bring down America?
(d) International opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yamata do with the Columbus Investment Group?
2. According to the Japanese police, what is Kimberly Norton's cause of death?
3. What crime is Vice President Ed Kealty accused of committing?
4. Who leads the push for the Trade Reform Act?
5. What are "zaibatsu"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)