|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goes wrong in the process to create rust-resistant tanks?
(a) Welding flux contaminates the surface.
(b) A dipping-solution is calibrated incorrectly.
(c) A unknown chemical is added.
(d) The solution is never applied.
2. What is a Cresta?
(a) A Japanese car brand.
(b) A type of personal aircraft.
(c) A new engine model.
(d) An American based Japanese company.
3. What is the state of Africa when the novel begins?
(a) It is a hotbed of coups and revolutions.
(b) It is uniting under a small number of dictators.
(c) It has become the world's major source of oil.
(d) It is becoming prosperous.
4. Who leads the push for the Trade Reform Act?
(a) Congressman Avery Combs.
(b) Representative Al Trent.
(c) Secretary Hatfield.
(d) Senator Leon Haney.
5. Why does Cook agree to sell information to Nagumo?
(a) He needs money for a new house and college for his children.
(b) He thinks Nagumo has orders from U.S. officials.
(c) He doesn't know what information he is selling.
(d) He needs money for his mother, who has terminal cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What danger does the Trade Reform Act pose for Japan?
2. What is the American reception of the new Crestas?
3. Why do the President and Ryan go to Moscow soon after Kimberly Norton's death?
4. Why is Cook able to acquire the information that Yamata is seeking?
5. What crime is Vice President Ed Kealty accused of committing?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)