|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zedd tells Abby that they did not think she would do a terrible thing, and they knew Abby would show her true ________.
2. With the charcoal from the hearth, Philip had drawn ____________ for Jana to enjoy.
3. What does Abby say is just a few minutes from the home where they are standing after Zedd asks for its location?
4. Zedd reveals that Helsa and Abby were doing dying during the __________, which Zedd's father helped to prevent.
5. As Zedd's arms move upward, the morning cracks with a peal of ________ and the molten masse plunges into the water.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abby scream for Zedd not to do when the figure in the long black coat approaches him?
2. What is the plan that Zedd shares with Abby when they are going back to Coney Crossing to help her village?
3. What does Abby find when she walks into the tent where Mariska is sleeping outside?
4. What does the Mord-Sith do after the magic of Zedd has been reflected back on him?
5. What does Abby realize about her appearance that she now shares with Zedd?
6. What is the spell that Zedd appears to cast on his own daughter when she is returned to Zedd by Abby?
7. What is Zedd's response to the threat of death as given to him by Mariska?
8. Where does Zedd put Abby in the middle of the spell that is is going to cast on the people in the land?
9. What is the action that occurs which causes the Mord-Sith to become powerless in her ability to torture others?
10. Why does Abby feel great shame along with happiness that Zedd has agreed to help her with her request?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abby saves the child of Zedd, though she is upset that she could not save her own child too.
Part 1: Why do you think Abby was so willing to save the child of Zedd?
Part 2: Do you think you would have tried to save your own child first had you been in Abby's shoes?
Part 3: Do you think the needs of others should always come before the needs of yourself?
Essay Topic 2
Mariska tells Abby horrible things about her own daughter, which upset Abby before she goes to see the First Wizard.
Part 1: Why do you think Mariska decides to be cruel to Abby?
Part 2: What might you have done if you were in Abby's shoes and talking with Mariska?
Part 3: Do you think Mariska is an enemy or a friend in the story? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Abby realizes that she must be leading Zedd into a trap, which causes her to feel guilty during their journey.
Part 1: Why doesn't Abby tell Zedd about her suspicions about the trap they are being led to?
Part 2: Do you think you would have told Zedd about the possible trap they were going to?
Part 3: Do you think that Zedd knew about the trap all along, which encouraged him to go on the trip to begin with?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)