|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zedd ignores the sorceress when she asks him why it is not __________ as though she thought it would.
2. Zedd admits that the spell might be an act of ___________ but he also says that sometimes that's all that's left to do.
3. Abby begins to feel her bracelet getting warmer and her wrist beginning to ________ as she moves in a certain direction.
4. Mariska calls out for the soldiers to leave the ____________ and to save themselves from the spell being cast.
5. The green fire, Abby realizes, is ____________ come to life as a result of the spell that Zedd casts.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zedd tell the people of Coney Crossing about the role of Abby in their safety?
2. What does Abby have to do after the Mord-Sith has been captured and is killed?
3. What does Abby realize is the purpose of the large green wall of fire that she now sees before her?
4. What happens after the prisoners are brought behind Zedd by Delora and the Mother Confessor?
5. What does Abby show to Zedd when they first arrive at Coney Crossing, the village where she lives?
6. What is the spell that Zedd appears to cast on his own daughter when she is returned to Zedd by Abby?
7. What does the Mord-Sith do after the magic of Zedd has been reflected back on him?
8. What is the action that occurs which causes the Mord-Sith to become powerless in her ability to torture others?
9. What does Abby realize about the prisoners the Panis Rahl soldiers are pushing forward?
10. Why does Abby feel great shame along with happiness that Zedd has agreed to help her with her request?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The nobleman seems to be a little rude when he is trying to see the wizard to ask for help.
Part 1: Why do you think the nobleman decided it was okay to be rude and to cut in front of others?
Part 2: How do you think a person should behave when they are asking for help from someone?
Part 3: What would you have done if you had been in Abby's position and the nobleman was so rude?
Essay Topic 2
Zedd tricks everyone and those who were thought to be dead are actually alive and well.
Part 1: Why do you think Zedd didn't tell many people of his plan in the first place?
Part 2: Do you think that Zedd would ever have allowed the ones he promised to help die?
Part 3: What kind of person would you describe Zedd as?
Essay Topic 3
Sorceresses kept secrets from those who were not blessed with the gift of magic, according to Abby's mother.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important to keep secrets from those who do not have the gift of magic?
Part 2: Do you think Abby's mother should have told her daughter her secrets about magic?
Part 3: How do you think it would feel to not be able to learn more about a parent who understands things that you don't?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)