|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zedd admits that the spell might be an act of ___________ but he also says that sometimes that's all that's left to do.
2. Mother Confessor tells Zedd they have until _______ as that's when the D'Haran are expecting to see the Mord-Sith again.
3. Zedd and Abby's hair turns __________ because of the experience they shared together during the spell.
4. Mariska calls out for the soldiers to leave the ____________ and to save themselves from the spell being cast.
5. Zedd says there will also be a need to assign boundary ___________ to ensure people do not pass through the boundaries.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mariska do in order to show the true power of herself and of the people of Panis Rahl's army?
2. What does Abby show to Zedd when they first arrive at Coney Crossing, the village where she lives?
3. What happens to Zedd's daughter in the middle of the spell that Zedd is casting?
4. What does the Mord-Sith do after the magic of Zedd has been reflected back on him?
5. Why is Abby safe in the middle of the spell that Zedd is casting, even though she can feel its intensity and power?
6. What is the action that occurs which causes the Mord-Sith to become powerless in her ability to torture others?
7. What is the explanation that Zedd offers to Abby when she realizes that Zedd and the Mother Confessor knew of the enemy's plan?
8. What does Abby find when she walks into the tent where Mariska is sleeping outside?
9. What does Abby realize about her appearance that she now shares with Zedd?
10. What does Abby have to do after the Mord-Sith has been captured and is killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abby tries to talk to the First Wizard but continues to be interrupted and has to watch as others continue to talk instead of listening.
Part 1: Why do you think no one is listening to Abby as she tries to speak?
Part 2: Do you think it's a test of the requester to be put into a room with people who are not listening to them?
Part 3: What do you think you might have done in order to get the attention you deserved in that situation?
Essay Topic 2
The wizards may not always grant every request as they might realize there is a greater need for things to happen they way they happen.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for wizards to turn people down? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think you would feel if you were turned down after making a strong request to a wizard?
Part 3: Why do you think the greater need is more important than the needs of the individual?
Essay Topic 3
Sorceresses kept secrets from those who were not blessed with the gift of magic, according to Abby's mother.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important to keep secrets from those who do not have the gift of magic?
Part 2: Do you think Abby's mother should have told her daughter her secrets about magic?
Part 3: How do you think it would feel to not be able to learn more about a parent who understands things that you don't?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)