|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abby's mother had told her that a sorceress was no more than a __________ if she acted like one.
2. Zedd says that the life _______ of he and Abby have intersected, so she may call him by his name from that point on.
3. The wall which is put up is a part of the ___________ and an army will not be able to cross it.
4. Zedd tells Delora that he does not want anyone near him when he unleashes the __________.
5. ________ light ripped up from the water as Zedd casts the spell to kill the people before him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zedd tell the people of Coney Crossing about the role of Abby in their safety?
2. What does Abby realize about her appearance that she now shares with Zedd?
3. What does Abby find when she walks into the tent where Mariska is sleeping outside?
4. What does Abby hear when the ground seems to split open during the spell that Zedd has cast?
5. What does Abby have to do after the Mord-Sith has been captured and is killed?
6. What does Abby show to Zedd when they first arrive at Coney Crossing, the village where she lives?
7. What does the Mord-Sith do after the magic of Zedd has been reflected back on him?
8. Where does Zedd put Abby in the middle of the spell that is is going to cast on the people in the land?
9. What does Abby decide to do when she is released from her duty to the Mord-Sith?
10. Why does Abby feel great shame along with happiness that Zedd has agreed to help her with her request?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abby is bringing with her a bone to symbolize a debt which must be repaid, although she does not know what this means.
Part 1: Do you think that all debts must be repaid in full?
Part 2: Why do you think Abby was not told the full story of the bone and the debt to which it refers?
Part 3: Do you think that it's fair to ask someone else to pay for a debt that you owe?
Essay Topic 2
Abby saves the child of Zedd, though she is upset that she could not save her own child too.
Part 1: Why do you think Abby was so willing to save the child of Zedd?
Part 2: Do you think you would have tried to save your own child first had you been in Abby's shoes?
Part 3: Do you think the needs of others should always come before the needs of yourself?
Essay Topic 3
The wizards may not always grant every request as they might realize there is a greater need for things to happen they way they happen.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for wizards to turn people down? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think you would feel if you were turned down after making a strong request to a wizard?
Part 3: Why do you think the greater need is more important than the needs of the individual?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)