|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the satin dress of the Confessor, as seen by Abby as she rides by the group of people?
2. The men decide that the D'Haran have earned their _________ and that Wizard Zorander's plan must be the one they choose.
3. The lock of hair that the nobleman had brought with him came from _____________, though he did not realize it.
4. Abby knows that she will be doomed to an eternity with the Keeper of __________ for she has no other choice in the matter.
5. One the people with the gift are captured by the Mord-Sith, they can not kill ___________ or escape.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the explanation of the bone that Abby carries with her, the one that she uses to try to encourage the help of the First Wizard?
2. What happens to the magic that is sent to a Mord-Sith in order to kill or to hurt them?
3. Why doesn't Abby think that her bracelet is worth anything to anyone else after the women tells her that it might be valuable?
4. What was the tactic of 'dulling the enemies' weapons' that Abby describes as being the situation in her own village?
5. What is the reason the First Wizard gives to Abby as an explanation as to why he can not help her on her quest?
6. What does Abby say of the First Wizard when she is being consoled by the Mother Confessor outside of the chambers?
7. How does Abby show the sorceress that her mother was a sorceress as well when she is admitted to see the Wizards?
8. What does the Grace symbol stand for, according to the story as told in the book?
9. What was the opinion of Thomas when he saw what the First Wizard was doing with the Grace symbol drawing?
10. What does the man dressed as a noble do when he is finally in line with the others to see the wizards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The wizards may not always grant every request as they might realize there is a greater need for things to happen they way they happen.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for wizards to turn people down? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think you would feel if you were turned down after making a strong request to a wizard?
Part 3: Why do you think the greater need is more important than the needs of the individual?
Essay Topic 2
Mariska tells Abby horrible things about her own daughter, which upset Abby before she goes to see the First Wizard.
Part 1: Why do you think Mariska decides to be cruel to Abby?
Part 2: What might you have done if you were in Abby's shoes and talking with Mariska?
Part 3: Do you think Mariska is an enemy or a friend in the story? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Zedd says that he can not put himself and his needs above the needs of the people.
Part 1: Do you think that Zedd truly believes in this statement he says to Mariska?
Part 2: Why do you think the needs of the people could be more important than one's individual needs?
Part 3: How do you think you would have reacted if you were in Zedd's shoes?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)