|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abby knows that the _________ is the spell cast by a sorceress, and apparently it's the same name as one cast by a wizard.
2. Abby says she will pray for the ______________ that Wizard Zorander will see her and help her daughter.
3. What does Abby show to the woman in order to encourage her to allow her to see Wizard Zoorander, as requested?
4. What does Abby pull out of her sack after the Wizard tells her that she can not have her request be granted?
5. What did Panis Rahl send to kill the family of the First Wizard, according to the Mother Confessor's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abby show the sorceress that her mother was a sorceress as well when she is admitted to see the Wizards?
2. Why do the other people in the room suddenly become silent when they are in the room with the First Wizard?
3. What is the reason the First Wizard gives to Abby as an explanation as to why he can not help her on her quest?
4. Why is a Mord-Sith such a terrible person to meet in battle, according to the Mother Confessor?
5. Who is fighting the current war during the story in which Abby is a central figure to the action?
6. What does the old woman tell Abby about the bracelet that Abby is wearing as they are standing in line outside the Keep?
7. Why does Abby's bracelet begin to warm her skin when she is waiting in line to see the wizards?
8. When an old woman asks Abby about what is in her bag, what does Abby tell the woman in reply?
9. What does Abby pray to the spirits for before she goes into the room to see the wizards?
10. What does Abby tell the Mother Confessor about the bone that she carries from her mother after her mother died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Mother Confessor can confess someone else in order to bring them completely under her control.
Part 1: Do you think it's right to take the free will of another person?
Part 2: Why do you think the Mother Confessor decides to confess the Mord-Sith?
Part 3: Would you want to be a person who can take the free will of someone else away? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Zedd says that he can not put himself and his needs above the needs of the people.
Part 1: Do you think that Zedd truly believes in this statement he says to Mariska?
Part 2: Why do you think the needs of the people could be more important than one's individual needs?
Part 3: How do you think you would have reacted if you were in Zedd's shoes?
Essay Topic 3
The Mother Confessor consoles Abby, telling her that the First Wizard is also a Trickster and hence his actions may not be what they seem.
Part 1: Why do you think the Mother Confessor decided to tell Abby about the trickster aspect of the First Wizard?
Part 2: What is the value of being a trickster in the world? How can this be helpful?
Part 3: Do you think that playing tricks on others is something which should be done?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)