|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The touch of the ___________ on some of the guards of the D'Haran has given valuable information to the opposing side.
2. The First Wizard did not want to fight in the beginning of the war, but then realized it was his only _________ to save lives to do so.
3. The robes of a sorceress had _______ and red beads emblazoned on them around the collar.
4. The Mother Confessor shares that she has already killed ________ Mord-Sith in her lifetime.
5. The design, called a Grace, has ________ points to the star which is set inside of the box and then inside of a circle.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the opinion of Thomas when he saw what the First Wizard was doing with the Grace symbol drawing?
2. Who decides that they will see the First Wizard on the behalf of Abby since she has pleaded her case?
3. What was so special about Abby's mom, though Abby does not share this with anyone around her?
4. What happens to the magic that is sent to a Mord-Sith in order to kill or to hurt them?
5. What does Abby pray to the spirits for before she goes into the room to see the wizards?
6. How does Abby show the sorceress that her mother was a sorceress as well when she is admitted to see the Wizards?
7. Why doesn't the old woman begin to say something to the nobleman about his rudeness?
8. How will the people be seen when they enter into the keep, according to the woman who greets them?
9. What is the reason the First Wizard gives to Abby as an explanation as to why he can not help her on her quest?
10. What did Panis Rahl do the family of the First Wizard in order to try to kill him via their pain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abby saves the child of Zedd, though she is upset that she could not save her own child too.
Part 1: Why do you think Abby was so willing to save the child of Zedd?
Part 2: Do you think you would have tried to save your own child first had you been in Abby's shoes?
Part 3: Do you think the needs of others should always come before the needs of yourself?
Essay Topic 2
The debt of bones has connected Abby to Zedd, according to Zedd.
Part 1: Why do you think there is a connection between Zedd and Abby in this book, beyond the debt?
Part 2: Do you think that repaying the debt with the help of someone else will instantly connect you to this helper?
Part 3: How do you think the connection between Zedd and Abby helps them in their quest?
Essay Topic 3
At the end, Zedd erects a boundary between the worlds in order to keep magic from living with non-magic.
Part 1: Do you think it's necessary to erect a wall between these two worlds?
Part 2: What do you think will happen in the future with a boundary between magic and non-magic?
Part 3: Do you think that Zedd believes the magic and non-magic should not coexist?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)