|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last time that Abby's bracelet had been tingling and had turned warm was when her mother _____________.
2. What is the mark of the Mord-Sith's profession, which is to torture others and to kill those who have the gift?
3. What color is the dress of the Mother Confessor as she sits with the other men in the room?
4. Who is Abby not afraid would talk to her as she waits to see the First Wizard?
5. What does the Wizard use in order to begin to show others the symbols which are to be explained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the explanation of the bone that Abby carries with her, the one that she uses to try to encourage the help of the First Wizard?
2. What does Abby pray to the spirits for before she goes into the room to see the wizards?
3. What does the Grace symbol stand for, according to the story as told in the book?
4. What is the reason the First Wizard gives to Abby as an explanation as to why he can not help her on her quest?
5. Why is a Mord-Sith such a terrible person to meet in battle, according to the Mother Confessor?
6. How does Abby show the sorceress that her mother was a sorceress as well when she is admitted to see the Wizards?
7. Who is fighting the current war during the story in which Abby is a central figure to the action?
8. Why doesn't Abby simply go home instead of waiting for hours to see the wizard as she is doing so at the start of the story?
9. When an old woman asks Abby about what is in her bag, what does Abby tell the woman in reply?
10. What happens to the magic that is sent to a Mord-Sith in order to kill or to hurt them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The wizards may not always grant every request as they might realize there is a greater need for things to happen they way they happen.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for wizards to turn people down? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think you would feel if you were turned down after making a strong request to a wizard?
Part 3: Why do you think the greater need is more important than the needs of the individual?
Essay Topic 2
The debt of bones has connected Abby to Zedd, according to Zedd.
Part 1: Why do you think there is a connection between Zedd and Abby in this book, beyond the debt?
Part 2: Do you think that repaying the debt with the help of someone else will instantly connect you to this helper?
Part 3: How do you think the connection between Zedd and Abby helps them in their quest?
Essay Topic 3
The Mother Confessor stops Abby from killing the Mord-Sith, which surprises Abby.
Part 1: Do you think Abby would have been successful in killing the Mord-Sith?
Part 2: Do you think that you would have tried to kill the Mord-Sith if you happened upon one?
Part 3: How do you think the Mother Confessor knew what Abby was going to do?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)