|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Abby hide from the D'Haran when her village was attacked, allowing her to be unscathed?
(a) A closet.
(b) Under some tree branches.
(c) On her roof.
(d) Root cellar.
2. To Panis Rahl, Zedd sends the gift of _________ for all of the pain that Rahl has caused in the lands.
3. How does Mariska kill the child when Zedd refuses to give up and surrender to Anargo?
(a) Chokes her.
(b) Tortures her.
(c) Slits her throat.
(d) Drowns her.
4. Zedd reveals that Helsa and Abby were doing dying during the __________, which Zedd's father helped to prevent.
(a) Labor process.
(b) Time of magic.
(d) The boundary creation.
5. Abby realizes that whatever Zedd does, the ___________ will be caught in the middle of the spell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the fire which Zedd is conjuring after setting up the boundary in the story?
2. Who tells Zedd that he can not do the spell that he is planning on doing after the person has looked over the elements?
3. What is Zedd's daughter doing when the Mother Confessor takes Abby to see her?
4. Who was sleeping beside the tent when Abby finds the tent by listening to the bracelet?
5. Zedd tells the soldiers there is no ___________ that day, that he has ended the war.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mariska say is to be done with the prisoners that Panis Rahl has taken?
2. What is the plan that Zedd shares with Abby when they are going back to Coney Crossing to help her village?
3. What is Abby now allowed to do since the First Wizard and she are connected through the debt of bones?
4. What is Zedd's response to the threat of death as given to him by Mariska?
5. Why wasn't Zedd's daughter dead after all, as Zedd explains to Abby in the end of the story?
6. What does Abby decide to do when she is released from her duty to the Mord-Sith?
7. What happens after the prisoners are brought behind Zedd by Delora and the Mother Confessor?
8. Why is Abby safe in the middle of the spell that Zedd is casting, even though she can feel its intensity and power?
9. What does Abby realize about her appearance that she now shares with Zedd?
10. Why doesn't Delora initially listen to Zedd when he asks her to talk to the troops about their plan?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)