|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Abby's mother that she shares with the sorceress in order to encourage her to be allowed to see Wizard Zorander?
2. The Mother Confessor tells Abby that this involves a debt bound in ______________, which needs to be considered seriouslu.
3. Abby once had a ___________, but this child died at birth, as she reveals to the Mother Confessor.
4. What happened to the First Wizard's daughter after Zedd's wife was killed by the D'Haran?
(a) She was freed.
(b) She escaped.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She was captured.
5. The design, called a Grace, has ________ points to the star which is set inside of the box and then inside of a circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mother Confessor says that __________ convince supplicants that they are true bones in order to get wishes granted.
2. ____________ takes Abby to a rooming house for the night in order to rest before seeing the Wizard again.
3. What does Abby show to the woman in order to encourage her to allow her to see Wizard Zoorander, as requested?
4. What is the name of the sorceress who the Mother Confessor says will better understand the pain of Abby?
5. What is the name of the man who questions the First Wizard's interpretation of the spell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is fighting the current war during the story in which Abby is a central figure to the action?
2. What does Abby say of the First Wizard when she is being consoled by the Mother Confessor outside of the chambers?
3. What is different about the Grace symbol that the First Wizard draws on the ground in front of the others?
4. Why is Abby standing at the wall of the Keep in the beginning of the story?
5. What does the man dressed as a noble do when he is finally in line with the others to see the wizards?
6. How will the people be seen when they enter into the keep, according to the woman who greets them?
7. When an old woman asks Abby about what is in her bag, what does Abby tell the woman in reply?
8. What happens to the magic that is sent to a Mord-Sith in order to kill or to hurt them?
9. What was the tactic of 'dulling the enemies' weapons' that Abby describes as being the situation in her own village?
10. What does the sorcerer tell the people about a request that is denied by the wizard when it is asked?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)