|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abby is asked about her bracelet, she tells the old woman that it has no _______ to anyone but to her.
2. When the old woman tells Abby that a mother's love protects a child, Abby replies that, "The ________ know the truth of that."
3. The design, called a Grace, has ________ points to the star which is set inside of the box and then inside of a circle.
4. The First Wizard has cast a spell which keeps ___________ at the castle and away from the people of the land.
(a) Panis Rahl.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) The evil sorceresses.
5. What does the nobleman hold in his hand as he is waiting to see the Wizard?
(a) A bag of gold.
(b) A book.
(c) A bracelet like Abby's.
(d) A lock of hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wizard Zorander asks Abby how many D'Haran she has seen and she answers that she has seen more D'Haran than __________.
2. Abby once had a ___________, but this child died at birth, as she reveals to the Mother Confessor.
3. How old is the daughter of the Mother Confessor, as she admits when talking to Abby?
4. While waiting to see the wizard, Abby not only prays for __________, but that the wizards would help her.
5. What is the name of Abby's mother that she shares with the sorceress in order to encourage her to be allowed to see Wizard Zorander?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mean of the Quad, as the Mother Confessor explains to Abby in order to teach her more about the war at hand?
2. What does the man dressed as a noble do when he is finally in line with the others to see the wizards?
3. What is different about the Grace symbol that the First Wizard draws on the ground in front of the others?
4. What does the old woman tell Abby about the bracelet that Abby is wearing as they are standing in line outside the Keep?
5. Why does Abby know that the woman who opens up the gate is a sorceress, even before the old woman tells her?
6. Why is Abby standing at the wall of the Keep in the beginning of the story?
7. What was the opinion of Thomas when he saw what the First Wizard was doing with the Grace symbol drawing?
8. What was the tactic of 'dulling the enemies' weapons' that Abby describes as being the situation in her own village?
9. What happens to the magic that is sent to a Mord-Sith in order to kill or to hurt them?
10. What does the Grace symbol stand for, according to the story as told in the book?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)