|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the old woman tells Abby that a mother's love protects a child, Abby replies that, "The ________ know the truth of that."
2. What did the First Wizard create in order to sweep away the shadow people to keep them from harming others?
3. The old woman calls the men as mean as a __________ night, and just as cold, after the men cut in line in front of them.
(d) Dark moon.
4. What does the Mother Confessor ask that Abby do when she enters the room and looks at her?
(b) Look down.
5. Abby decides that her only hope is the __________, rather than the men with the lancers who trot by her while she waits in line.
(c) Old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could the First Wizard know that the bone Abby carries is a real debt to be paid to her?
2. It had never occurred to Abby before talking with the Mother Confessor to consider her to be a _____________ as well.
3. Abby says that she brings a 'debt ______' with her, one that has to be dealt with by Wizard Zorander himself, according to her mother's dying wishes.
4. What does Abby show to the woman in order to encourage her to allow her to see Wizard Zoorander, as requested?
5. It is said that you could lose your _________ if you were lucky enough to meet the Confessor's gaze, but your soul, if not.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the old woman begin to say something to the nobleman about his rudeness?
2. Why does Abby's bracelet begin to warm her skin when she is waiting in line to see the wizards?
3. What does the man dressed as a noble do when he is finally in line with the others to see the wizards?
4. What does the Grace symbol stand for, according to the story as told in the book?
5. Why do the other people in the room suddenly become silent when they are in the room with the First Wizard?
6. What is the purpose of the shadow people that Panis Rahl is using in the war, according to the Mother Confessor?
7. How does Abby show the sorceress that her mother was a sorceress as well when she is admitted to see the Wizards?
8. What does Abby say of the First Wizard when she is being consoled by the Mother Confessor outside of the chambers?
9. What does the old woman tell Abby about the bracelet that Abby is wearing as they are standing in line outside the Keep?
10. How will the people be seen when they enter into the keep, according to the woman who greets them?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)