|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the group who is going to see the First Wizard is content to remain in the back of the line?
(a) The nobleman.
(c) Old woman.
(d) No one.
2. What is the color of the uniform that the Mord-Sith wear, according to the stories of the Mother Confessor?
3. It had never occurred to Abby before talking with the Mother Confessor to consider her to be a _____________ as well.
4. Weapons have no effect on the _________ people created by Panis Rahl in order to fight the battle without getting hurt.
5. When the First Wizard tried to heal his wife, it activated a __________, which caused her to be in agony as she died.
(a) Virus spell.
(b) River of tears.
(c) Banshee spell.
(d) Worm spell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the people standing on the bridge move to the side, even though they did not have to do so?
2. The Mother Confessor shares that she has already killed ________ Mord-Sith in her lifetime.
3. What is the name of the First Wizard's wife who had been killed by Panis Rahl in the war?
4. Not even the __________ can heal a person who has been touched by a shadow person in a time of war.
5. Abby decides that her only hope is the __________, rather than the men with the lancers who trot by her while she waits in line.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Abby simply go home instead of waiting for hours to see the wizard as she is doing so at the start of the story?
2. What does the man dressed as a noble do when he is finally in line with the others to see the wizards?
3. Why does Abby know that the woman who opens up the gate is a sorceress, even before the old woman tells her?
4. What was so special about Abby's mom, though Abby does not share this with anyone around her?
5. What does the Grace symbol stand for, according to the story as told in the book?
6. What is the warning the sorceress gives to Abby and to the nobleman before they enter the room with the First Wizard?
7. What is the purpose of the shadow people that Panis Rahl is using in the war, according to the Mother Confessor?
8. When an old woman asks Abby about what is in her bag, what does Abby tell the woman in reply?
9. What does Abby pray to the spirits for before she goes into the room to see the wizards?
10. What does Abby say of the First Wizard when she is being consoled by the Mother Confessor outside of the chambers?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)